- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - Bakersfield, CA Area
- - Mojave, CA
- - Tehachapi, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Long Beach, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Pasadena, CA
- - Lancaster, CA
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - Mountain View, CA
- - New Mexico
- - Las Cruces, NM Area
- - Las Cruces, NM
- - Texas
- - Austin, TX Area
- - Leander, TX
There are no reviews matching your search at this company.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "A few honest, authentic great people to work with; Others, plastic and backstabbing." (in 19 reviews)
- "Benefits are great." (in 19 reviews)
- "Great work life balance" (in 12 reviews)
- "The pay is good and goes a long way since the cost of living is relatively low." (in 8 reviews)
- "At it's height, Virgin had an amazing culture." (in 8 reviews)
- "Middle management blows company money on dumb things like dinners and pointless swag... there is zero accountability for them." (in 19 reviews)
- "Leadership is disinterested" (in 8 reviews)
- "• Tone deaf upper management." (in 5 reviews)
- "Morale is low." (in 4 reviews)
- "• Little or no training." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Virgin Galactic and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "desert"Return to all Reviews
- Current Intern, less than 1 year★★★★★Mar 14, 2019 - Finance/Accounting Intern in Mojave, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
This was a super interesting work/learning environment. You get to communicate with some of the smartest people in the country and watch rockets being tested. How could it be any cooler than that?
It's in the desert. The commute can be long if you don't live in Mojave.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 6, 2021 - M&P Engineer in Mojave, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
You are able to work with a bunch of areas.
The location is in the desert which makes it a not as desirable destination
Development of skills and our teammates’ overall experiences are critical as we continue to build and scale Virgin Galactic. We value your feedback that an employee within Virgin Galactic is able to work in various areas. That is what we strive for if such aligns with a teammate’s career development. Spaceport America and Mojave continue to expand and are making great strides in our new and current work locations to build out our people’s experience while on site. Keep up your great work and thank you for your feedback!
- Current Employee★★★★★Mar 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Mojave, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The culture is everything! You are surrounded by hard working, talented and motivated individuals that possess a genuine passion for the goals we are in progress to achieve. Working in this type of environment has instilled a sense of purpose in me as I am challenged professionally and pushed to grow progressively. There is a real sense of transparency and openness within the organization and leaders are actively involved. Benefits are affordable and work life balance is encouraged. Cost of living in the area is affordable for California.
Location...Mojave of course isn't the most ideal location, but depending on how you look at your glass (half empty/half full) you can feel like you are centrally located to anywhere and everywhere or in the middle of nowhere. The desert has some of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen, if you are into that sort of thing.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 25, 2017 - Mechanical Design Engineer in Mojave, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Tons of opportunity to define your career direction. The work is challenging and extremely varied - I manage almost all aspects of my projects from design to procurement to testing. Since it's a pretty small company you can have a lot of impact. The work is very motivating - you get to work on a spaceship! Most folks are there because they want to be there so there's a great team atmosphere.
The location - Mojave is in the middle of nowhere and if you want to live somewhere nice you have to be prepared for a long commute. In my experience most employees who leave do so because the desert gets to them (or to their significant other). Company management can sometimes be disorganized and some processes are oddly bureaucratic despite not involving a lot of people. It's a pretty flat hierarchy so not a lot of opportunity for 'formal' advancement (job title / compensation).Continue reading
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jan 29, 2018 - Business Support Specialist in Mojave, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company Culture! No matter who you are, or what your position is, you are greatly valued and supported from the top down. If you have an issue and work it through your chain of command they take it seriously and want to support you.
It is in the middle of the Mojave Desert. For many people this isn't a problem. This is the only reason I am not there any longer. I could not imagine my son growing up there and in those school systems.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 20, 2018 - Flight Test Engineer in Mojave, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
We make spaceships. We design them, build them, and test them. It is great to be at a place where you see what you imagine grow into physical objects. People are happy with their work, and proud to be here. It's not every job that you have that you can think "we might be changing the world a bit- and for the better."
Spaceship is based in Mojave, CA. It is a desolate desert, so everyone lives 20-30 min away. It's a good place to test experimental aircraft, though.
- Current Intern★★★★★Jul 26, 2018 - Anonymous InternRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fast pace atmosphere Great work life balance Everyone supports each other and is helpful Great mission
Long commute to the middle of the desert, not a whole lot nearby UnderstaffedContinue reading
- Former Intern★★★★★Jul 22, 2017 - Anonymous Intern in Mojave, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great company atmosphere and awesome coworkers trying to achieve something that has never been done. Housing paid for
Location of company is the only downside - Mojave desert.
- Former Intern, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 22, 2019 - Intern - HourlyRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Had a great experience with the team.
Not much around in the desert itself, but plenty that is close around - LA, national parks, etc.