Virginia Hospital Center Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2021

Found 279 of over 291 reviews

3.7
Virginia Hospital Center President and CEO James B. Cole (no image)
James B. Cole
Pros
  • "Good pay, friendly people, good benefits(in 18 reviews)

• "friendly staff, good work environment(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "12/hour more as new grads at their hospitals from 2008-2016(in 8 reviews)

• "It’s so disappointing because I truly take pride in being part of VHC, but this sector does not live up to it’s promises(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Virginia Hospital Center and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Magnet Hospital

Apr 2, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive manager and team, good benefits, renovated buildings

Cons

Not really can think of one

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We are grateful for your experience, time, and teamwork!-- Grace Greenan, AVP, People and Experience

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great

Jun 17, 2021 - Systems Administrator in Manassas, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great service for customer satisfaction

Cons

Need improvement on the web page

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Jun 15, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at VHC are great to work with.

Cons

Public transportation is limited in terms of access.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Culture of Systemic Racism through top to bottom. Bullying in case management.

May 18, 2021 - Social Work Case Manager in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food and free gifts from vendors every week. Really nice bedside nurses and quality doctors. Really nice environmental services staff. Feel safe during Covid pandemic. Got a bonus for working Covid. Making $90,000-$102,000 / year in social work. You get an office as a case manager.

Cons

Culture of Systemic Racism through top to bottom. Very white executive leadership. Toxic case management department. Met with Chief Medical Officer and was told he didn't know anything about "case management" before starting his role 5 months ago. He made same public speech during social work month celebration. Met with Chief HR Officer and received zero support about report of Systemic Racism, bullying culture, and hostile and toxic work environment present in case management department. Executive leadership knows about the historic and current problems in the department and still no changes.

Director of Recruiting

I am saddened to hear that you do not feel supported in your position and concerned about what you have described above. Our goal is to foster a collaborative and supportive workplace environment for all team members. Would you kindly reach out to me at VHCexperience@virginiahospitalcenter.com to discuss this in greater detail? -- Grace Greenan, AVP, People and Experience.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not too bad

Jun 2, 2021 - Patient Service Representative in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Higher pay than most clerical jobs, room for growth (change depts), holiday time every quarter

Cons

hearing people constantly complain about there jobs but thats most jobs

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great management that cares for its employees

May 14, 2021 - Information Systems Engineer in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compassionate leadership. Puts employees and their safety ahead of other priorities. Ahead of the curve in many areas of technology. Good work/family balance.

Cons

Limited room for growth at least in the IT field.

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your kind review of your experience at Virginia Hospital Center. I am pleased to hear that you feel supported by our leadership team and are enjoying a good work/life balance. I would be happy to discuss opportunities for professional growth here at VHC. I can be reached directly at VHCexperience@virginiahospitalcenter.com. -- Grace Greenan, AVP, People and Experience.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

As good as it could be

May 3, 2021 - Clinical Technician I in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff is friendly for the most part and will help out

Cons

The patient to staff ratio was not good even em before the pandemic, would constantly be on the floor alone but thankfully worked with some great nurses that helped me out

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your commitment to our patients and ensuring their peace of mind. We strive to offer a supportive workplace for our team. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further and see if there are ways that we can improve. I can be reached directly at VHCexperience@virginiahospitalcenter.com. -- Grace Greenan, AVP, People and Experience.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great opportunity for new PT

May 10, 2021 - Physical Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mentorship, support from physical therapy management, flexibility

Cons

Low pay relative to other physical therapy settings

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves in creating a work environment that is supportive and encouraging. We do conduct regular salary reviews to ensure we are competitive in our region. I would be happy to discuss your personal career path here at VHC in greater detail. I can be reached directly at VHCexperience@virginiahospitalcenter.com. -- Grace Greenan, AVP, People and Experience.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Medical technician

Apr 11, 2021 - Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free parking, flexible scheduling, Days/nights, work life balance, benefits, location

Cons

Pay is not enough for technicians especially in critical care areas. ER/ICU/PACU technicians are constantly engaging with patients/staff and have lots of training, ACLS and are able to assess patients and be the "eyes and ears" for nurses and doctors but aren't paid as such.

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback, and for your valuable contributions to our team. We pride ourselves in creating a work environment that is supportive and encouraging. While we do conduct regular salary reviews to ensure we are competitive in our area, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about the concerns you stated. I can be reached directly at VHCexperience@virginiahospitalcenter.com. Thank you for your service to our patients - we are happy to have you on our team! -- Grace Greenan, AVP, People and Experience.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place, not so great wages

Apr 19, 2021 - Patient Care Representative in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a great sense of community here and you can feel the care in the halls.

Cons

Salary does not equate to quality of work. Some people with little to no experience may be getting higher pay. Little to no work/life balance. Parking at the main hospital is a pain and offsite parking is a huge issue as well especially if the shuttle is not running. Manager turn over rate is too high, once went 7 months without a department manager.

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves in creating a work environment that is supportive and encouraging. We do conduct regular salary reviews to ensure we are competitive in our region. We are also pleased to share that our new parking garage and Outpatient Pavilion is on schedule to be completed in 2022. I would be happy to discuss your personal career path here at VHC in greater detail. I can be reached directly at VHCexperience@virginiahospitalcenter.com. -- Grace Greenan, AVP, People and Experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 279 Reviews