The latest conversations about Healthcare
Certified Medical Assistant CMA
I have an Associate's, less than a year before finishing a Bachelors plus 10 years experience but there doesn't seem to be lead/supervisor positions available. When management or Ops positions open, I'm told I don't have enough experience. Everyone has to start somewhere so what are your recommendations for advancement in healthcare organizations?
Central Sterile Supply Technician
Does anyone know if you are able to enter the field of medical writing with only a bachelors (BS biology)? I’ve been looking at entry level positions and haven’t found many that don’t require either years of experience or an advanced degree. Not sure if it’s just the job market right now or if this is an unrealistic ambition? I love the idea of this career and am trying to figure out how to get there!
Got a burning question about Virginia Mason Franciscan Health? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Virginia Mason Franciscan Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good Benefits and Staff to work with" (in 45 reviews)
- "Good pay and excellent employees" (in 36 reviews)
- "Great People and Values." (in 29 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and there are variety of services you can be a part of." (in 27 reviews)
- "MAs work hard, GI nurses and staff always friendly." (in 23 reviews)
- "Poor management, too many merges" (in 28 reviews)
- "Parking is expensive and taking public transportation can be a challenge." (in 15 reviews)
- "Too many managers and not enough staff" (in 12 reviews)
- "lack of recognition from upper management" (in 8 reviews)
- "From what I’ve gathered this is very location specific, leadership is awful and has no communication." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 599 of over 622 reviews
Updated Sep 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 28, 2023Clinical Laboratory ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsGig Harbor, WA
Great boss, great coworkers and nursed. Nice community. Great benefits.
I don't have anything to mention.
- 3.0Sep 8, 2023Nurse ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSeattle, WA
VMMC still tries to keep everyone involved in how things are improved. VMMC continues to provide accessible care despite being purchased by a catholic org. There are still motivated leaders willing to build you up and pitch in when things are tough. They have done a couple of market increases for pay in the last year.
Now part of one of the largest “non-profit” catholic healthcare systems. Despite market increases still challenging to fill positions d/t being on the low end of pay scales for the Seattle market. Adopted parent organization management structures which have increased direct reports and decreased manager/leader availability for their staff.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Reviews FAQs
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 622 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
55% of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Virginia Mason Franciscan Health 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.