KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 326 of over 335 reviews

3.9
Virginia Mason Chairman & CEO Gary Kaplan
Gary Kaplan
Pros
  • "Benefits and focus on patient care(in 16 reviews)

• "Good pay, respectful environment, open to feedback from employees(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "VM seems to be very stingy for lower level employees when it comes to wages and raises(in 17 reviews)

• "Lately we have been working short staffed on the floors and management doesn't seem to be doing much about it(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Genuinely Good People

Jan 29, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership at VM consists of genuinely good people. The "Respect for People" program is sincerely implemented and creates a positive environment for employees and patients.

Cons

Downtown location is not in a very safe part of the city.

Continue reading

Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We often hear from prospective candidates that they read our reviews on GlassDoor to get a better understanding of what it's like to work here, so your feedback is valuable. We love that you mentioned our "Respect for People" program and the positive environment it creates for our employees and our patients. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels respected and their contributions are valued. Respect for people is at the core of who we are at Virginia Mason, and we’ll keep doing our best to improve the employee experience. Thanks again for sharing your experience, we appreciate all you do for our patients.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Jun 25, 2021 - Patient Access in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

positive work environment and benefits

Cons

understaffed and very busy most days

Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your comments here. We appreciate you highlighting our positive work environment and our competitive benefits. We work hard to create a culture where people are valued and feel empowered to succeed and grow. Thank you for the constructive feedback, we will pass your comments along to the appropriate people. Thanks for all you do to care for our patients.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Room for advancement

Jun 1, 2021 - Coding Auditor in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with this organization for 8 years. I never intended to stay this long but I was always given the opportunity to advance in my career. With my current position as coding auditor, I did not get the job the first try, but was informed of what I needed to do to get there which really inspired me to keep trying. Everyone looks out for each other and I can say that with honesty since I've been in multiple departments. They're big on respecting each individual and being inclusive. I've seen many women take on leadership roles which is inspiring.

Cons

There will always be that one person who is not friendly but I wouldn't allow that to ruin my day or define the whole organization.

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. We are fortunate to have team members like you who are so passionate about Virginia Mason Medical Center. We are pleased that you enjoy working here and continue to explore new positions with our organization. We spend a lot of time making sure we have the right people in each job –people who are genuinely invested in our patients and each other. We also take pride in our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and we encourage you to get involved with our DEI efforts through our belonging groups, if you aren’t already. Thanks for your feedback and we hope your experience at Virginia Mason continues to be positive.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Mission Driven and Continuous Improvement

Jul 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The mission is something that to drive everything with constant improvement tools - Kaizen!

Cons

Healthcare in general has multiple challenges and balanceing the need for technology in non-patient care areas becomes a last priority; making manual work for many!

Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your work experience at Virginia Mason. We appreciate you highlighting that our mission drives everything we do. We stay true to our core values, mission and commitment to putting our patients at the center of everything we do. We also appreciate your constructive feedback and we have shared your post with the appropriate people. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

As with most jobs, it depends on your manager.

Jun 29, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Edmonds, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good wage Clean , safe, and professional environment

Cons

Corporate structured and not much flexibility regarding family/life events. Expectations to do your job and more can be overwhelming; the bottom line is always paramount.

Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We appreciate you recognizing our safe, professional environment. We value our team members and believe that they deserve the best experience we can offer. We appreciate the constructive feedback and will make sure to pass along your feedback to our leadership team. Thank you for all you did for our patients.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good management

Jul 1, 2021 - PCT%2FCNA in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unit manager was very involved and cared about employees and patients

Cons

Patient care is a difficult job!

Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We appreciate you highlighting how involved and caring our leader are. We're fortunate to have amazing leaders who are committed to our core values and the success of our team members. We also appreciate your constructive feedback regarding patient care and we have shared your post with the appropriate people. Thanks again for sharing your feedback.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

pay scale

Jun 27, 2021 - Resgistered Nurse in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great managers, positive culture, excellent teamwork

Cons

just got bought out by CHI?

Strategic Recruitment Specialist

We appreciate you taking time to share your feedback regarding your work experience at Virginia Mason. Thank you for highlighting our positive culture, great leaders and the excellent teamwork. Our priority is to ensure we're creating a positive work environment where our team members can grow their careers. We also value the constructive feedback you provided and we are thankful you took the time to share your thoughts. We will make sure to pass it along to the leadership team. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we appreciate the care you provide to our patients

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work!

Jun 23, 2021 - Registered Nurse, RN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary.. good people..good encironment

Cons

N/a, n/a, n/a, n/a, n/a

Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback on working at Virginia Mason. We appreciate you acknowledging our competitive salaries, great environment and team members. We have worked hard to create a culture where we provide remarkable experiences for our patients and team members whereby our team members feel valued and feel empowered in their jobs to succeed and grow. We wish you the best in your future career endeavors.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent providers

Jun 14, 2021 - Resident Physician in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

High tech medical services, extremely qualified personnel, excellent work culture

Cons

Bureaucracy, policy-heavy institution, at times company can feel 'micro-managed'

Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking time to share the great reasons you enjoyed working at Virginia Mason. We appreciate you recognizing our wonderful team members, the the work culture and high tech medical services Virginia Mason offers. We are incredibly proud of our employees and we work hard to make Virginia Mason THE best place to work in Seattle. We value the constructive feedback you also provided and we are thankful you took the time to share your thoughts here. We will share your comments with the appropriate leaders, as we're always looking for ways to reflect and improve.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture

Jun 14, 2021 - Assistant Nurse Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and fantastic staff!

Cons

Seattle cost of living and housing market

Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We often hear from prospective candidates that they read our reviews on GlassDoor to get a better understanding of what it's like to work here, so your feedback is valuable. We love that you mentioned our great culture and how amazing the clinical staff are – our people really are at the heart of our organization, so we appreciate the shout out to them. Thanks for also noting areas that we should take look at such as the cost of living and housing market. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with the Compensation team. Thank you for the care you provide to our patients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 326 Reviews