KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Healthcare

8h

an

Occupational Therapist

How would you handle not getting a lunch break when you are a salaried employee treating patients for 40 hours a week? I don’t get documentation time either, but all notes are to be completed the same day. Some of us have reached out to HR and we’re told to discuss it with the regional director, but the regional director says we’d have to come in early or leave late to block out a lunch break. My commute is an hour each way, so I’d prefer not to make my day any longer. Advice?

8 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good Benefits were available to me.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Good pay and excellent employees(in 26 reviews)
  • "Supportive coworkers and management.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Great People and Values.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Friendly staff, welcoming environment, opportunities for challenges and growth.(in 16 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best Job Ever

Jul 7, 2022 - ROI Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved my department we were and family!!!

Cons

Wasn’t able to transfer my position to the state I moved to.

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We loved hearing how your department was like a family. Having great co-workers around you is important, and we work hard to hire, develop, and celebrate the best people. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

2. 4.0

A good experience overall

Aug 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Location in Seattle, public transportation

Cons

Limited opportunities for growth in my position

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for sharing your review here. We're thankful you took the time to share your thoughts here, as we're always looking for ways to reflect and improve.

3. 5.0

Great place !

Aug 1, 2022 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Care for their employees Provided great care for patients

Cons

There’s No complaints at all

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We appreciate you highlighting the great care our teams provide to their patients and our employees. We stay true to our core values, mission, and commitment to putting our patients at the center of everything we do. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we appreciate the care you provide to our patients

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good work place

Jul 26, 2022 - Surgery Scheduler
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offers 10 hour shifts, great team, beautiful building

Cons

Annual raises are low, managers are overstretched with multiple clinics, you have to use PTO when you are sick

TA Brand Strategist

We appreciate you sharing your review and the shout-out to the great teams at VMFH. Having great co-workers around you is important, and we work hard to hire, develop, and celebrate the best people. We also value the feedback on how we can improve and will share your comments with our teams. Thanks again for the feedback.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

great people

Jul 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

teams department level collaboration caring people

Cons

buy out from Common spirit changed the mission

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate you recognizing our outstanding teams and the collaboration between departments. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels respected and their contributions are valued. Thanks again for sharing your comments.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good place

Jul 25, 2022 - HIM Specialist in Tacoma, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers, atmosphere, benefits, pay, good company

Cons

Micro management, clothes too up tight, could be more lenient, need remote options

TA Brand Strategist

Thanks for sharing your review and for recognizing your co-workers, team atmosphere, and competitive pay and benefits. We value our team members and believe that they deserve the best experience we can offer. We also appreciate the feedback on how we can improve. We will share your thoughts with our teams. Thank you again.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Suppportive environment

Jul 26, 2022 - Occupational Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

People all working together despite recent changes due to CHI takeover

Cons

CHI is slowly ruining all that is good about VMMCX.

Continue reading

TA Brand Strategist

Thanks for taking time to share your comments here. We appreciate you highlighting the teamwork you experienced. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels respected, and their contributions are valued. We also appreciate the constructive feedback and will share your thoughts with our team. Thank you again for your review.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Okay

Aug 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful team and supporting coworkers.

Cons

Management does not care for a work life balance.

TA Brand Strategist

We appreciate you sharing your review and recognizing your helpful and supportive team members. Having great co-workers around you is important, and we work hard to hire, develop, and celebrate the best people. We also value the constructive feedback and will share your thoughts with our teams. Thanks again for taking time to share your comments here.

9. 3.0

Tech

Aug 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People were nice to work with

Cons

The commute but that's not the hospital problem

TA Brand Strategist

Thanks for the review and the shout-out to your team members. Having great co-workers around you is important, and we work hard to hire, develop, and celebrate the best people. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we appreciate the care you provided to our patients.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice people and energy

Jul 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every medical staff I met are nice and considerate to all patients.

Cons

Hard to get lunch during break.

TA Brand Strategist

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We appreciate you recognizing our wonderful staff. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels respected, and their contributions are valued. We're thankful you took the time to share your thoughts here, as we're always looking for ways to reflect and improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 482 Reviews
</>Embed

Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Reviews FAQs

Virginia Mason Franciscan Health has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 500 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Virginia Mason Franciscan Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

58% of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Virginia Mason Franciscan Health 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be workplace, management.

Popular Careers with Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Job Seekers