Virginia Transformer Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

Virginia Transformer Corp. Reviews

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Prabhat Jain

Pros
  • A lot of great people work at VT, and they made the job tolerable (in 3 reviews)

• an aggressively growing company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be bad in some cases" (in 6 reviews)

• If you have any problems, don't count on your HR department to help you (in 3 reviews)

"Don't be Fooled.... HR is doing damage control!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Virginia Transformer Corp. (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is there are a lot of jobs available. I wonder why????

Cons

It is really funny to listen to the recent comments on here. This is what HR does when people get on here and tell the truth. I happen to know that someone in HR made an employee get on this website and write a great review.... does that sound like a place that you want to work? Yes, disgruntle employees do get on this site to help others. That is why I am on here telling my story, I don't want anyone else taking a job that they will regret. And... it all starts with the owner! The top management just goes along with him, whether it's right or wrong or legal or not legal. But yes... if you want to listen to these 3 recent reviews by all means, join Virginia Transformers. Then you can come on Glassdoor and warn people of the things that go on in that place. I have moved on from VTC, so I'm not a disgruntle employee, just happy I no longer work in the worst place in Roanoke County. Good luck to all!!!

Advice to Management

The advice would go unheard!!! Tried it, it doesn't work!

"avoid this company"

Pros

Its a free country so you can leave and work elsewhere

Cons

Hr is a joke especially manager.

Advice to Management

retire

"Pack your bags, you're going to India"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you've dreamed of going to India, then this is the place for you! ! Why pay for airfare when you can experience the look and feel of India without traveling afar.

Cons

While you're here, you're expected to act like you're in a third world country. You will be treated like an unwanted minority (especially if you're female). You will forgo American traditional foods and prep your taste buds for vegetarian delight. You'll be expected to be available 24/7. You may even consider a religion conversion because the only holidays recognized will not be the ones you are accustomed to. Prepare yourself for the negative environment and your new submissive role. If you have any problems, don't count on your HR department to help you. They will smile to your face and talk about you behind your back. The benefits are very minimal. The insurance is too expensive so you can't really afford it. You may want to add riders onto your auto insurance because more than likely your car will suffer some sort of damage while parked on their premises. If you're seeking job insecurity and a company that has nothing to offer except a free vegetarian meal then this may be the place for you! Believe the reviews. This is a toxic environment.

Advice to Management

None to be given. The owner has corrupted them all and turned them into his little minions that carry on the deeds of his dirty work in his absence.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benifits- long hours, unrealistic goals and schedules, micro-management, completely toxic environment. The environment help me lose 15 pounds and forced me to miss many family special times due to having to working extra hours.

Cons

Turnover- Help me become a better trainer, and I got to work with a large number of people, unfortunately they often had the same job title that the person that I had trained three months earlier.

Advice to Management

Prab, Steve, and Greg to step down and bring in professional management. Steve and Greg don't understand that Prab continues to play off each other that help create the problems with VT

"Better wages"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time

Pros

Officers of the company are rewarded and all other lower management has salaries between 20 - 30% below market.

Cons

Better pay and prosperity can be shared

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp. (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing to offer as there are NO pros

Cons

Core values --Integrity, Respect and commitments are missing.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people like slaves. Disrespectful, degrading employees and demeaning women.

"This Company Causes Nightmares - Run far away from Virginia Transformer Corp!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some very kind people that work at VTC in the non-management group. The location was also close to my house.

Cons

Ethics? Humane treatment? Trust? Fair compensation? If you think these things are a complete waste of time, then Virginia Transformer Corp. is the company for you! You'll fit right in with management especially. Have you ever dreamed of owning slaves, then pull up a seat and take a lesson from owner Prab Jain - - he'll teach you all about it.

Although I have never been to prison, I imagine it's where people would go to feel more well appreciated after having worked at Virginia Transformer Corp. The President/Owner, Prab Jain, micromanages the entire company. Everyone else appears to just be puppets, doing his bidding. This is especially true of the inept HR department that seems to leave their ethics and values at the door in order to advance within the company. The turnover - - obviously more than 3 times what would be considered normal - - is testament that the best decision you can make about Virginia Transformer Corp is to either never apply to work there; or if you are working there, to do you ever living best to find better employment.

Plainly stated, Virginia Transformer Corp causes nightmares because it is a nightmare. From blatant racism, to questionable immigration tactics (yes, it's that obvious), to slave like working conditions.... it's a nightmare.

Advice to Management

How do you sleep at night? How can you possibly think it is OK to treat people like slaves and rubbish? You should be very ashamed of yourself. Immorality is not a suitable way of life. Try taking an ethics class or reading a book on how to treat people with respect.... you can ask any leader at any other company to help you find one, because I am sure you have no idea what such things look like.

"Worst company ever"

Pros

There are no pros with working for this company this is the worst unmanaged corporation I have ever worked for

Cons

Beware they treat you horrible and do not care. The HR team is a joke they have no direction and the president is a joke. They continuously tell you lies to keep you there. DO NOT APPLY WITH THIS COMPANY THERE IS NO JOB SECURITY

Advice to Management

LEARN TO TREAT PEOPLE WITH RESPECT

"This company has the worse reputation in Roanoke County"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Pros

I found out shortly after working here that there are no pros. I wish there was.

Cons

Listen to all the negative comments before you consider working here. As people have warned, the glowing reviews are from HR and Management. This company is a mess and the mess starts with the President.

Advice to Management

I think the Management knows what they need to do. I don't think they will ever do it. Stop covering for the President or you will go down with him. Someone asked on here, how do you sleep at night? Well, how do you? Fix the very bad discrimination, the very bad culture and values.

"Toxic Environment"

Pros

Cannot see too many pros with this company

Cons

Compensation is horrible, don't care about employees, everybody is replaceable

Advice to Management

Learn to have some compassion and top management should pick better managers