Virta Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2021

4.5
Virta CEO and Founder Sami Inkinen (no image)
Sami Inkinen
Pros
  • "Virta is focusing on REVERSING type 2 diabetes, and our patients LOVE us(in 9 reviews)

• "People who join the company tend to be very mission-driven(in 9 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Rewarding, fun, and impactful"

Current Employee - Health Coach in Denver, CO

I have been working at Virta full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a truly mission-driven company, and profits really do fuel purpose here. I have seen first-hand just how quickly and effectively this program can work for people with metabolic diseases, and the incredible community it creates for patients and employees alike. I absolutely love working here and can't wait to see what we accomplish!

Cons

Like drinking out of a firehose sometimes! And as a startup, there's still growing pains. Benefits are solid though compensation is middle of the road. No 401k match yet.

2. "Anonymous"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Virta full-time

Pros

The mission is terrific! Being able to reverse T2D is quite an achievement if can be done.

Cons

The company is disjointed in many ways. As a startup they have a lot of growing pains but the expectations of a well established company with clear goals. That is not the case with Virta. High expectations without the tools to set you up for success.

"GREAT COMPANY"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Virta full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will not be disappointed!

Cons

There are no Cons that I can speak to.

"A great place to make an impact"

I have been working at Virta full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Virta has an incredible mission-driven team. Everyone is aligned on our goal to reverse diabetes - Virta is truly evidence-based. Discussions and decisions revolve around data, not opinions - Virta is growing fast, which is super exciting and presents unique and interesting challenges - Virta cares about its employees. We invest a ton in training and mentorship and also do our best to make growth opportunities available

Cons

- Given our rapid growth, life at Virta can definitely be a bit hectic at times

"Mission Driven Organization"

Current Employee - Director of Sales --Enterprise Accounts in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Virta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mission driven organization, great benefits, evidence based treatment, stellar outcomes, a thoughtful solution that changes lives.

Cons

There are no cons to working at this organization

6. COVID-19

"Passionate team working towards a shared mission"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Virta full-time for more than a year

Pros

- All members of the company are passionate about our mission to reverse diabetes. No matter your role, you feel that the work you are doing in driving us towards that mission and saving our patient's lives. - People first environment with a very open culture of communication. Virta has been extremely flexible and understanding about each employee's unique situation and needs during COVID and has worked to openly address and ensure all employees are set up for success. - As we grow as a company, new opportunities emerge internally to continue to grow and progress career trajectory based on personal goals and interests. - Very collaborative environment in which employees function as "one team" and work together to solve problems, keeping the patient at the center of our work - Open to feedback to continue to improve culture

Cons

- Being a startup, resources can oftentimes be tight and employees will need to wear several hats in order to get the job done

7. COVID-19

"Best place to work at for passionate health coaches!"

Current Employee - Health Coach in Denver, CO

I have been working at Virta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Virta comes with many pros. A few that I want to highlight are: 1. Best company culture. I've worked in different professional settings (corporate, education, non-profit) and Virta's employees make the culture amazing. We're all on the same page, people are smart and no egos. 2. Impact: I've never had so much positive impact. We have tools and resource that allow us to work with many patients instead of only a few at a time.

Cons

At no fault to anyone, the COVID situation has taken a hit on the social aspect of working in an office. Can't wait for that to come back, remote work has taken a toll on many (not just at Virta). Still, grateful to have a job during this challenging time.

8. COVID-19

"Mission-driven and clinical outcomes based organization that prioritizes having an IMPACT."

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Virta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative team environment, upward mobility within the organization, prioritizing work that makes an impact, mission based, open door policy with our executive team. Having managers and a CEO who leads by example and understands competing priorities with families during the time of COVID has really been invaluable to our entire team. I have been at Virta about 2.5 years (two of those full-time) and consider this to be my most meaningful work.

Cons

A little sad to be fully remote due to COVID.

9. "Mission + team brings out the best in all of us"

Current Employee - Director of Sales

I have been working at Virta full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Virta embodies values: evidence-based, no ego, ownership, people-first, impact -Challenging, growth-mindset, rapid pace = ideal for high-functioning people -Brilliant team - I am always learning and growing -Love "coming" to work each day

Cons

High expectations and goals (usually a good thing, but can be intense some days)

"Work that makes a difference in people's lives"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Virta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The biggest benefit is that you regularly hear from patient's about how your work is impacting their lives. We get messages daily from patient's who have seen substantial improvements in the control of their type 2 diabetes including reduction/elimination of medications, lost weight and improved health There's a cliche about startups that are "changing the world" but at Virta Health, you have actual examples and data to see that the code you're working on is helping people There are some decent benefits with the unlimited PTO, good health insurance, etc Virta just announced a remote first policy that should allow us to hire candidates around the country and give more flexibility for employees. It also indicates a commitment to improving the working experience for remote employees

Cons

Virta is growing rapidly so teams and managers shift regularly The management philosophy is closer to the Netflix philosophy that "we're a team; not a family"

Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 English Reviews