Virteva Reviews | Glassdoor

Virteva Reviews

Found 19 reviews

4.2
Tom Kieffer
  1. "Great Company Culture"

I worked at Virteva full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Excellent leadership. Very much customer focused, starting with the way they treated their employees. "Take care of your employees, and they will take care of your customers".

Cons

Being a remote employee, I did not get a chance to interact with home office employees as much as I would have liked to. Collaboration was hindered a bit.

2. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Virteva full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office environment, Great PMO team, can work from home when/if needed, fun company events (onsite and offsite), promote from within

Cons

Introduce new employees to more colleagues other than just the ones in their department.

"Conservative IT Company"

I worked at Virteva full-time

Pros

Virteva is a good place for folks to break into IT that previously had no tech experience. Some employees are trying to challenge the old way of doing things and breathe fresh air into this stagnate organization.

Cons

Incredibly conservative for a tech company! Collared shirts required for men and no visible tattoos? What year is it? Though employees are generally nice, it's hard to relate unless you want to talk about sports or guns. There are also virtually no cultural perks and the health benefits are expensive.

"Scrappy and Innovative"

I have been working at Virteva full-time

Pros

They value professional development for employees, and prove this by providing structured coursework for advancement and funding for professional activities outside the company. If you have an idea that would make things better/faster/more innovative, you'll likely get full support from management to make it happen.

Cons

There's no paid family leave. There are no women in the leadership team.

5. "Excellent Team"

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst

I have been working at Virteva full-time for more than a year

Pros

Modernized management Relaxed work environment Providing adequate equipment to complete the job

Cons

Starting pay could be a little higher based on the workload Training could be a little better

"one year at virteva"

I have been working at Virteva full-time

Pros

good step into IT for first time

Cons

on call phone at all times

• "Strong future"

I have been working at Virteva full-time

Pros

Very nice culture, encouraging social activities, community giving and personal development. Most coworkers are very willing to help out in any situation. Leadership allows for flexibility with time off and work-life balance, which is very comforting when things happen in life and you need to make adjustments. Virteva is a high tech company and you are surrounded by people that get the technology and are very skilled...

Cons

Virteva is definitely going through growing pains. Quick expansion of staff, processes and capabilities, means significant change to behaviors and expectations. These are difficult to manage and the strains of doing so are showing.

Advice to Management

The leadership team needs to play a bigger role in setting strong expectations, driving those results and holding the entirety of the team accountable. We are now in a position in which even one or two people not doing their jobs, has a significant effect on the quality of the deliverables. Leadership needs to develop their people management skills to improve performance and scale for our anticipated growth.

"Steer clear of this place"

I worked at Virteva full-time

Pros

The owners seem nice. they have activities on certain holidays and free lunch once in awhile if you meet quotas.

Cons

Not organized, Management won't put a lot of time in with the employee, Good luck deciphering the Knowledge base. If you don't immediately pick up on things just don't go there because nobody will help you very much and they will just find a reason to fire you.

Advice to Management

Rather than getting rid of employees you might try training them better..Answer questions rather than talking down to people . Employees shouldn't have to email leads for an answer when they are sitting 2 seats away from you.

• "Good stepping stone"

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Virteva full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I did learn the necessary IT skills in this role to land a big promotion into my current IT career. Coworkers were chill and for the most part the leads and supervisors were helpful.

Cons

Zero company culture. I worked at Virteva 6 months and didnt meet or even know what the CEO looked like. I get theyre probably busy but damn this isnt some multi billion dollar corporation its a small office building in a stripmall. The culture different between 1st and 2nd shift was huge also. 1st shifters working M-F got all of the special projects and assignments 2nd shift we were on our own it felt more like a call...

Advice to Management

Fix the company culture for all parties involved not just catering to the M-F 1st shift people. Pay was decent. Training was good. I recommend this place to people looking to learn the IT skills necessary to get a promotion somewhere else I wouldnt recommend staying for more than 6 months.

• "Great starting place"

I have been working at Virteva full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Virteva is an excellent place to get started and gain experience in IT. They sincerely care about career development and many people that started at the Service Desk have worked their way up to technicians, engineers, and beyond. They give those that excel in entry-level roles additional responsibilities to challenge them and help them grow. The benefits are decent and the community is tight-knit. I enjoy the casual work...

Cons

-Starting pay could be more competitive and help attract more qualified L1 candidates. -Opportunities for advancement from the Service Desk can be few and far in between which leaves some eager and qualified staff feeling underutilized and unchallenged. -There have been some growing pains but overall the growth has been handled well.

Advice to Management

Continue challenging your employees and helping them grow.

Found 19 reviews