Want a Free Job Posting?

• Any Status

1. Unprofessional/Waste of Time and Effort, and Money

Former Employee - Sales in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Herndon, VA

I worked at Virtual Atlantic full-time (Less than a year)

They are flexible with your schedule. "Allows" dogs- At first, then make you take your dog home because the only dog in the office isn't trained enough...

IF I COULD GO ZERO STARS I WOULD -They lied on the interview- They stress that long term is what they are looking for. Over a year at least. -I had them change the "benefits" (if you want to call them that) eligibility from after 30 days to immediately. Which I signed. Then they came back to me when they let me go and said they are not paying me on the vacation and sick days which I immediately acquired, (or was supposed to), which is the reason I had them change it in the first place. Didn't trust them.. -They ask you for a good sized book of business to bring with you, but stress that they have leads to call out to that they provide..(which they do, but spam blocker keeps all emails from being sent or received). -Out of the 20 or so projects I had, I felt that there were a good 4-6 that could have closed, one that was visiting on site. Problem is, that when I set these calls up they let me go... So they got their discussions and projects to work on, until they find new people to do what I was doing. I would say they owe me some money in the amount of the thousands if any of those projects close. THE COO LEFT A pocket dialed VM on my phone defaming me to another sales person within the company. When I was leaving and asked them not to use my leads, they changed the password on the security system, and dragged their feet letting me get my things.( I think they are using my 35000 leads now but cant be sure) By the time I got in the office my desk was taken apart, and whatever paperwork I had was thrown to the side. All in all it was a horrible experience, and I ask anyone considering taking a position here to be weary. I am surprised they have been in business this "long"... JUST DONT WORK HERE, THEY TAKE WHATEVER MONEY YOU DESERVE AND FIND A WAY FOR YOU NOT TO GET PAID.... ALL TALK, SMOKE AND MIRRORS.....

Advice to Management

When you have a new person working for you, you should take some time to get some information to them to help with the "sales" process, and what you do.... It was extremely difficult to hear I was not going to get paid on the deals I set conversations up for. In the month and a half I was there, I setup around 15 phone conversations, some immediate, some in the later part of this year. The other sales guy had 5 projects, and when I was told I wasn't doing enough, I compared my work to the only other person in my position. Which management told me was the wrong thing to do?? Makes no senses.... I would treat your employees like they are people. People with lives and families. Don't waste anymore peoples time.

RSS Feed </> Embed