Want a Free Job Posting?

Jeff Markin

1. Good Technology

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at VirtualScopics full-time (More than a year)

The company has great technology and a good set of customers. The team is very customer service focused.

At the time, the management team was not very effective. They tried various initiatives and folks were not quite sure of the company's direction.

Advice to Management

More focus. Better communication. Increase size of sales team. Get rid of low performers. Would be great if stock price would go up to make options worth something.

Great ideas, poor management, poor execution

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

The health care benefits are paid for. Dental is paid for an invividual, but family is extra. Not a bad gig. 3 weeks of vacation is standard and there is also the holiday shutdown.

I will preface everything I will say with the following: Research everything independently to what I have written. If there is bias in what I say, then eliminate it. Nothing I write is meant to be a smear campaign. I want the company to grow and I strongly believe in what they do. The company acts very much like a "good 'ol boys" club. You are either in or you are out. I have spoken with other individuals who have voluntarily left the company and they agree with my assessments. What they are doing is really worth investing in; however, look at how their stock is doing. When they first were posted on NASDAQ, it soared to over $7.00. Then look at the infighting that happened. Research news paper reports. A few high level individuals were trading stock and caused the value to go down. Since then, the stock has gone down despite the individuals leaving the company. In my opinion, it shows that even without the individuals, VirtualScopics has been unable to keep their stock value up. They have tried to bolster the stocks by higher ups buying stock volume themselves. For even greater detail, review their SEC filings. They are quite informative. I believe what they are doing is great, but they need to become more employee focused. The company has an uncomfortable turnover rate. There is a general lack of clarify, focus, and the ability to stay on message with each other.

Advice to Management

Read the above review. Take a step back and create an action plan. You need to boost moral. Many of the employees are paranoid. It is an unhealthy work atmosphere.

RSS Feed </> Embed