Virtus Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Kelly Faykus

1. "HR Administrator"

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Houston, TX

I worked at Virtus Partners (More than a year)

Pros

Team-filled environment, great bonus structure, friendly people, awesome Partners and great benefits! Plenty of opportunity for growth if you put forth the effort and know your stuff...

Cons

They feed you way too much! But then again that can be good. Garage parking can get a bit expensive. Other than that it's a great place to work!

Advice to Management

Management needs to identify talent and put employees in a leadership role that will allow them to reach their full potential for advancement.

2. "A Great Proving Ground!!!"

Current Employee - Confidential in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Confidential in Houston, TX

I have been working at Virtus Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open Work Environment, Above Average Pay vs. Industry, Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Impressive Company Growth & Expansion

Cons

Lack of Concise Career Pathing

Advice to Management

Focus on Establishing a Clear Tone at the Top focused on people, rather than "the numbers"

3. "Great Company and Growing!!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Virtus Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Comfortable work environment.
    Respect amongst employees from top to bottom.
    Managers and Directors are easily accessible.
    Catered breakfast on Mondays and Wednesdays ( breakfast and lunch during Month End and QE)

Cons

Growing company so there are growing pains and adjustments that happen from time to time.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about the employees first.

"HR Needs A Complete Overhaul!"

Former Employee - No One Really Could Figure That Out Honestly in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - No One Really Could Figure That Out Honestly in Austin, TX

I worked at Virtus Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not really any. I guess I'm too old for the company to find any. I couldn't take it an moved on elsewhere as quickly as I could. The breakfast tacos maybe?

Cons

No training, and I've done this for longer than most of these kids have been alive, so I know how it all works and still was completely lost on their processes.
    Caters to young entry level college hipsters.
    HR is non existent and if you actually want a paycheck when you leave the company, you have to file a claim with the Texas Workforce Commission Unpaid Wage Division because you cannot get ANYONE in the HR Dept. to return an email or call at all! And yes I have them saved where I copied EVERYONE in the entire department several times. If you are wondering, yes I won my claim, but no I haven't seen any money yet because well, you guessed it, the state investigator put in writing "they won't respond to me."

Advice to Management

Please please clean house and look into a competent NEW HR staff.
    Look into cutting down the meetings about having meetings concerning upcoming meetings. It's not cost or time effective.
    Bringing in breakfast tacos is nice and all, but spend the money in more efficient means such as effective trainings, and please take note that the language barrier on video meetings is very difficult to understand and therefore loses almost all attendees attention spans past three minutes. So let's calculate how much production time you just lost in one day if 5 people are in one meeting that lasts one hour.. Because after three minutes, they are all playing on their phones under the table. Trust me, that's not emails they are catching up on... Not so worth that call now was it?

6. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Virtus Partners full-time

Pros

Lots of work to do, co-workers, nice office.

Cons

Management structure is bizarre and ineffective.

"Cash Team"

Current Employee - Cash Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Cash Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Virtus Partners part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment
    Relaxed team environment

Cons

Lack of company unity and cohesion

Advice to Management

Create better communication between all parties instead of everyone assuming the other has perfect information

"Wow."

I have been working at Virtus Partners full-time

Pros

Food on month end and quarter end
    Hours are flexible
    Management and employees are friendly

Cons

HR is slow and unresponsive
    Company touts itself as a small business and family oriented but the only family I see are HRs' children

Advice to Management

Communicate better. Socialize with us. Make it actually feel like a family company.

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Virtus Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None apart from some good colleagues I met along the way. Made some good friends and still keep in touch with them

Cons

HR communication is terrible and has family connections. There's no respect and HR are the main issue with this company. It's always been like this snd will never change. Nepotism at its best

Advice to Management

Change the structure and have the guts to get rid of the HR team who drain the company

"All Around Terrible"

I have been working at Virtus Partners full-time

Pros

There are plenty of other disgruntled coworkers to commiserate with

Cons

1)Discussions with management are not actually discussions. They tune you out, and yes you to death. But then ignore anything you had to say.
    2)No opportunity for advancement
    3)Raises and salaries are pitiful
    4)As other reviewers have said: Nepotism. HR has familial connections to the partners of the company. Whose side do you think they are on?
    5)Management expects your blood. You have a family? You want a life outside of the company? Too bad.
    6)Work is tedious and boring. And if you ask for work that could possibly stimulate your brain, you will be insulted and made to feed guilty for not doing what is best for the company. Never-mind your career, never-mind your rotting brain. Just sacrifice all you have for the sake of a company that doesn't really give anything but the bare minimum in return!

Advice to Management

Quit, so maybe people who care about their workers humanity and lives can be hired in your place

"DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

This is a fast growing company so you would think there would be opportunity for professional growth....think again....

Cons

The nepotism in this firm is out of control. The entire HR department needs to be fired. They do not care at all about their employees. Certain partners only care about themselves. If you are not a relative or friend be ready to fight for anything you need to get your job done! DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!

Advice to Management

Fire your HR department NOW. Need a senior HR professional with a Masters degree and global experience to run it! Hire someone that knows how to structure your firm for manageable growth!