Vision Hospitality Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Vision Hospitality Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vision Hospitality Group is the best management company I have ever worked for in my hospitality career. They support their associates and give them the tools to be successful. Our CEO is very passionate about the hotel industry and takes time in getting to know his leaders. I feel lucky to work for such an amazing and growing company!

Cons

I don't have any thing negative to say about Vision Hospitality Group.

2. "A Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Vision Hospitality Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vision Hospitality Group has been a wonderful place to work. I have worked at one of their hotels for more than 5 years and I can really say that they believe in their core values, volunteering, and taking care of their associates. Yes, Vision is family-owned and operated, but they also treat their associates like family. The CEO is engaged in what is happening at hotels and even with associates, you can tell that he does care. Vision is also a great company to grow with. The company tends to promote from within, and I’ve watched several others grow from part-time to the management level. If you work hard for Vision, Vision will work hard for you.

Cons

The hospitality industry is 24/7: be prepared. This isn't specific to Vision, but it's still a drawback.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your team

3. "Does NOT care able lower employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Vision Hospitality Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Time and a half on holidays. Plenty of hours. Opportunities to learn every position.

Cons

Will not get paid for the other things you do. Not valued. Will fire you over petty reasons. Managers and GM's are very immature. Slave drivers. Very low pay for positions that get paid $2 more in the same city! Will promise you a promotion just to keep you there but never come through.

Advice to Management

Value your employees.

4. "No Consistency"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Vision Hospitality Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits of Working in Hospitality

Cons

Company is not detailed oriented

Very Political

Does just enough to get by

Advice to Management

Management doesn't know the job well enough

5. "horrible company"

Pros

the pros of this company are hard to define if you are an associate. If you are a salaried it is whole different game.

Cons

they dont pay you much and it has a slave kind of environment. They over work you and micro manage a little too much. they treat associates like dirt bags and DO NOT LOOK INTO WHAT THE MANAGERS OR GM ARE DOING.

Advice to Management

The management is usually not doing much but laughing away and abusing hours and pay they get paid for.

6. "Revolving door"

Current Employee - Chief Engineer in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Chief Engineer in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Growing company. CEO is a nice guy. Promotes from within.

Cons

Continuous revolving door of managers and staff. Kid managers who are pumped full of company propaganda about team work and guest satisfaction but cannot understand how to develop a positive work environment to achieve either.

Advice to Management

Train or hire your hotel managers to actually manage people, not just how to keep up with the massive amounts of paper work and win awards and titles.

7. "Great place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

Pros

emphasis on growth and goals. Fast growing company with properties expanding across the US. Competitive pay with a family-like culture. Open door policy with all management including senior corporate team. Have currently worked for the company for 2 years and have been encouraged and molded into leadership roles that will benefit me for a lifetime.

Cons

There can be lots of change to processes, however those changes mold with the company growth as well as consumer demands.

"Unless you're a GM, they don't care"

Former Employee - Guest Services Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Guest Services Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

If you're an outside applicant, you'll get the full salary other than, not much

Cons

Internal advancement is garbage, they don't care about employees, pay is low because they're greedy and use their money on the fancy corporate office.

Advice to Management

actually care about your employees.

"Professional Mediocrity"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Vision Hospitality Group (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, with a lot of positive experience to be had in regards to:

- 'Learning it All': working for Visions, you're going to be working pretty much every position possible in an attempt to save money. As a result, you're going to become pretty comfortable with doing everything at the hotel, and you'll be a frequent face around guests. Cooking, cleaning, desk work, whatever the need is, you're often going to be the poor fool to fill it.

- Costumer Service: Regardless if you're on desk or if you work housekeeping, you're going to run into guests often- and many times, these guests will enjoy your company and praise your work (more so than management). You'll also learn how to take numbers, phone calls, and other such things very quickly.

- Computer Expertise: If you weren't good with computers before, you sure will be afterwards- being on desk requires you to do almost everything via outdated Windows 7 computers and tangled, overworked phones. You learn a lot of handy tricks and skills that will be handy in other positions.

Cons

Oooh boy, this'll be a long one:

- Little regard for Employees: The Patels(and the management they groom) seem to view their employees as little more than meat for the grinder, an unfortunate irony given all the work they'll make you do. I've work quite a few minimum wage jobs before, and never have I feared for my continued employment more than working for Visions. Co-workers were fired for petty disagreements, personal or medical issues, or - honest to god- let go simply to make room in a shift.

- Skilled work, Unskilled pay: If you read the Pros section of this review, you'll notice that you're going to be doing quite a lot of work, which unfortunately translates to abysmal pay. Minimum wage isn't enough to pay for any modicum of rent, bills, or schooling in this day and age, so naturally, that's all the majority of Visions employees ever get.

- Rampant Favouritism: If you brown-nose hard enough in most jobs, you'll get a pat on the back and asked to go back to your work (or beat up in the parking lot for being a goon). Under the Visions brand, being a brown-noser allows you to make innumerable mistakes and generally goof around on the job, full knowing that management will cover for you.

Advice to Management

Management, I know you're working with what you've got- it's hard running a business in this day and age, I'm sure. That being said, the people working under you aren't just numbers. Without us working desk and housekeeping and whatever else you may need, you wouldn't have any numbers to count. We all work hard here, in every Visions property, and we're being treated poorly in return.

10. "non supportive of general managers"

I worked at Vision Hospitality Group full-time

Pros

In general they are great for an associate line level positions. Looks great on paper for their Vision Values.

Cons

No support for middle management. Corporate office has a different set of values than they hold the field team to.

Advice to Management

listen to your middle management when they tell you they need help don't let them drowned in the field.