Visiting Nurse Association of The Inland Counties Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ray Mastalish

1. "RN Case Manager"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager/Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Manager in Beaumont, CA

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Association of The Inland Counties (More than 3 years)

Pros

very good team work they work as a team

Cons

heavy case load and nurses travel long distances

Advice to Management

Hire managers that have a nursing background

2. "RN case manager"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Riverside, CA

Pros

Great clinical staff! takes a lot of insurances including medical!

Cons

Over worked, and not appreciated from upper management.
    communication bad!!

Advice to Management

Think of employees, and community you serve!!! Missing Camp Erin and Morning Star for outreach.

3. "This place sucks!!!"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Redlands, CA
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Redlands, CA

I worked at Visiting Nurse Association of The Inland Counties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Go elsewhere! The coworkers are geat because they too are being exploited and over run... The patients are always great because they need help.

Cons

Terrible! This company will own you! Paperwork up the yin yang, I didn't even have time to help my son with his homework while he was failing 2nd grade due to the constant threats and on call! You work until the next morning and it's expected!!!

Advice to Management

Be realistic! Support your staff! (But that might mean loosing your own jobs). It's all about the Benjamin's baby.

"Company In Trouble"

Current Employee - Nurse in Victorville, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse in Victorville, CA

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Association of The Inland Counties (More than 8 years)

Pros

The patients and families are the only reasons to work here.

Cons

They pay far below industry competitors. With the expectation that you do far more work. 20 hour days were not unheard of, then after asking you to do overtime would have meetings stating that nursing overtime was costing too much. CEO Mike Rusnak receives a large salary but has frozen pay raises and withheld retirement. All the knowledgable upper management and long term staff with any ethics have left. The one's who have stayed lie to the community and do not give quality care to patients.

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO!!!! Fair pay and reasonable work environment. Tell the community and families the truth. Stop promoting services to the community we no longer have. It's a lie VNA no longer gives to the community. Don't take donations for the Morning Star program you closed. Shame on everyone who let this go on.

"Worked into problems with my health"

Former Employee - Home Health Case Manager in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Home Health Case Manager in Riverside, CA

Pros

Lots of work! No sleep, to much driving and disrespectful schedulers with sub standard education levels.

Cons

They will work you to the bone! The on call is a joke. The documentation left me with no time of on my days of. The office calls all the time! Forced into taking more patients when daily productivity was jam packed full.

Advice to Management

Have some compassion! Get off your butt to help when things get crazy!

"LVN"

Current Employee - Nurse in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Association of The Inland Counties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible ,location , reputation, co workers

Cons

recent unstable staffing due to co worker finding better pay and better staffed jobs, loss of recent long time leadership , unstable salary and raises.

Advice to Management

Upgrade the pay scale to retain your loyal and long time employees. Develop a committee that will develop more employee satisfaction suggestions and follow through with the suggestions.

"I have had 11 years of service to the VNAiC."

Current Employee - LVN in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in Riverside, CA

Pros

Flexibility , well known company, close to home

Cons

More work required for recent pay cuts cause distress amongst employees

Advice to Management

give raises and give promotions to in house first

"Supervisor was not concerned"

Former Employee - Point of Care Technician in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Point of Care Technician in Riverside, CA

Pros

Friendly staff
    Decent oat depending on department

Cons

No communication from supervisor
    No Follow up with employees
    Lack of assistance

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to employees. Do not show favortism to senior staff. Listen and learn from your employees. Be more patient with employees.

9. "IT"

Pros

IT Management and the small IT Department was the most together department in the whole company

Cons

Executive Management are ineffective and don't appreciate the hard work of all the employees. It takes one bad leader to mislead a multitude to destruction and the same applies to Bad CEO's and Executive Management.

Advice to Management

Fire Upper Management and the money you save by not paying money sucking executives could go to well deserving employees who actually care about the company and want to see it succeed.

10. "N/A"

Pros

Wonderful Team, All great people to work with. Management is great!

Cons

employees are stretched to the point of nervous breakdowns, but they always want us to improve our productivity. everyone looks very tired at meetings. If you are rushing thru admits, visits, and care we can not be doing the right thing for our patients. Our patients need to talk and feel we care about them. They are people that are at the end of their life and we need to show compassion and show them we really do care, because I sure do!

Advice to Management

Branch Managers, Get it! I am sorry to the managers having to work as hard as they do.
    Branch Managers and Case Managers you need a large bonus and a big Thank you from cooperate, because you have all been kicking butt....