Visiting Nurse Service of New York Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2020

3.8
Visiting Nurse Service of New York President and Chief Executive Officer Marki Flannery
Marki Flannery
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance depends on department(in 19 reviews)

• "If you are not comfortable working in a fast paced environment where change is a given, VNSNY may not be the right match(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A company that truly cares about its employees"

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has amazing vacation policy (30 days), though only 8 holidays. But with 38 days, it is the best PTO policy of my entire career. They also allow for remote work. VNSNY tends to have flexible schedule, as long as you get the work done. The employee morale is really good and positive for the most part. You can see that employees feel appreciated. The company has multiple activities to make the employees feel taken care of. They offer a huge amount of free training for all levels of employment and it is quality training (unlike other companies I have been at). The company culture is great, with leadership constantly telling employees they are the company's biggest asset. Even just saying that is huge. They have a quarterly employee survey and employees can submit any type of feedback and it is reviewed and considered. Best place of my 20 year career.

Cons

location on the east side of manhattan is a bit of a hassle

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2019-10-19

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Response

November 1, 2019Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to post a review including your acknowledgment of our generous PTO policy and the varied learning and development courses which are made available to all employees. It is true that VNSNY leadership takes every opportunity to extend their thanks, both individually and collectively, to employees for their work and for their valuable contributions. We are glad that you are happy to be working at VNSNY!

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Office Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership is strong and have built a good team; improved communications are sharing the goals and strategies of the organization. Opportunities to learn new things and work across departments; strong effort to break down silos across the organization. Organization lives its mission. Colleagues that are like family; many are with the organization for 20+ years - this is inspiring . Proud to be part of the team that helps New Yorkers every day.

Cons

In the pressure of getting the job done, sometimes there is a short-term emphasis. Sometimes change can be difficult to lead when working with colleagues who are long-term employees.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2020-01-28
  3. "👍🏾"

Current Employee - Medical Management Care Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

👍🏾 👍🏾 👍🏾 👍🏾 👍🏾

Cons

There always cons to any corporation that you go to. I'll just keep the info to myself.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2020-05-01
  4. "Visiting Nurse RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay and good benefits

Cons

It is a demanding position

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2020-04-10
  5. "Great if you’re a clinician"

4.0

Pros

Best pay out of all homecare agencies. Always looking for nurses Great experience

Cons

Heavy work load Non-clinical staff will hit a ceiling.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2020-02-07
  6. "Great pay"

Former Employee - Intake Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a great company to work for as far as getting experience in the field

Cons

If you get hired perdiem you may not get enough hours to pay your bills and they wAnt yo be your main job but not giving you the hours.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2020-01-26
  7. "Ridiculous PTO Policy and False Expectations about Work from Home"

2.0
    Current Employee - Educator in New York, NY

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fellow staff members are supportive and professional Great location Nice modern building and floor

Cons

Management tends to micromanage Lack of respect and support from management Ridiculous Paid Time off Policy: you must submit vacation six months in advance and then wait another month for approval. Other departments are flexible, but ask before accepting a position. Promise of work from home but is nonexistent

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2020-01-21
  8. "Vns"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York part-time

Pros

Good people, many people to ask for help

Cons

Not trained staff long enough

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2019-12-28
  9. "don't do it"

1.0
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, you stay active.

Cons

Micro Manage , must always man your desk/phone

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2020-01-30
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance

Cons

Workload gets crazy sometimes

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2019-12-17