Visiting Nurse Service of New York "vnsny" Reviews | Glassdoor

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employee Reviews about "vnsny"

Updated Nov 21, 2019

3.8
Visiting Nurse Service of New York President and Chief Executive Officer Marki Flannery
Marki Flannery
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance depends on department(in 19 reviews)

• "If you are not comfortable working in a fast paced environment where change is a given, VNSNY may not be the right match(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "vnsny"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"A company that truly cares about its employees"

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has amazing vacation policy (30 days), though only 8 holidays. But with 38 days, it is the best PTO policy of my entire career. They also allow for remote work. VNSNY tends to have flexible schedule, as long as you get the work done. The employee morale is really good and positive for the most part. You can see that employees feel appreciated. The company has multiple activities to make the employees feel taken care of. They offer a huge amount of free training for all levels of employment and it is quality training (unlike other companies I have been at). The company culture is great, with leadership constantly telling employees they are the company's biggest asset. Even just saying that is huge. They have a quarterly employee survey and employees can submit any type of feedback and it is reviewed and considered. Best place of my 20 year career.

Cons

location on the east side of manhattan is a bit of a hassle

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2019-10-19

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Response

November 1, 2019Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to post a review including your acknowledgment of our generous PTO policy and the varied learning and development courses which are made available to all employees. It is true that VNSNY leadership takes every opportunity to extend their thanks, both individually and collectively, to employees for their work and for their valuable contributions. We are glad that you are happy to be working at VNSNY!

Continue reading

"Great colleagues and interesting work for a good cause"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in New York, NY

Pros

My colleagues are very smart, friendly and collaborative. The work is interesting. There is good work-life balance. I like that it is towards a good cause that I believe in. Management in my group are all friendly, smart and hard working. As an interview candidate, they got back to me quickly (within a day or 2) after each step of the interview process. VNSNY leadership is very involved and visible; I am impressed with and inspired by the President, Marki Flannery. The main building in midtown is very nice.

Cons

I don't have any cons related to the work or environment. Only note is that there is no paid maternity/paternity leave, you can use a combination of disability, NYS paid family leave, and PTO.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2019-08-07
  3. "Useful"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was stressful at times. But because of what I learned at VNSNY I have a job paying more money and doing less work.

Cons

I saw a bit of favoritism among the supervisor staff toward certain employees. And the rules regarding employee break time was unfair.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2019-11-22
  4. "Great Experience"

Former Intern - Student

I worked at Visiting Nurse Service of New York for less than a year

Pros

Working at VNSNY this summer has been a great learning experience as the company begins to grow with their knowledgeable management and redefined goals. Colleagues were very helpful, supportive and welcoming towards the student interns.

Cons

Internship could be more challenging.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2019-08-02
  5. "VNSNY develops leadership from within"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I really appreciate VNSNY's commitment to developing leadership from within the organization. I recently had the opportunity to participate in an intensive leadership development program , ACE (Achieving a Cultural of Excellence) designed for high potential managers. ACE included excellent workshops on strategic management, executive presence, financial acumen, coaching and delegation and a wide variety of other topics. One of the highlights of the program was access to Senior Leadership through a series of very candid executive presentations. At the end of the program, the participants worked on an action learning project together to address a strategic need within the organization. On an individual level, I was matched with an internal coach who helped me focus on my own career development plan . I also left ACE with an invaluable network of management colleagues from departments across the agency. In addition to ACE, the Organizational Development Department also offers many other interesting , shorter term programs.

Cons

If you are not comfortable working in a fast paced environment where change is a given, VNSNY may not be the right match. VNSNY is always making adjustments to navigate the changing healthcare landscape.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2019-05-23
  6. "An organization that stays true to its mission every day"

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Pros

VNSNY makes it possible for thousands of people to be safe and secure in their homes each day, despite the challenges of illness and disability. VNSNY is leading the way in finding ways to effectively care for people who want to avoid institutional care and stay in their homes, despite the challenges of chronic illness, cognitive decline and disabilities. This is made possible by the amazing people who work at VNSNY. They share a passion to serve others and find purpose and meaning in the work that they do each day.

Cons

Funding for home health care is a complex mix of federal and state regulations and the private insurance marketplace. Growth is extremely important to ensure financial sustainability.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2019-04-01
  7. "So far, so good!"

Pros

Everyone at VNSNY has been so kind, welcoming and friendly. Great training programs. The Executive team is supportive and they want to make your work experience pleasant and always looking for improvements.

Cons

There has been some downsizing and there are some areas where they need additional staffing to provide the services and goals they are trying to achieve

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2019-03-21
  8. "Coordinator"

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time

Pros

Company has great vision, and what I appreciate the best is VNSNY's mission is to help the vulnerable. With it's experience in Health Care for 125 years, it enabled VNSNY to achieve bigger goals and better outcomes. I am just proud to be part of this organization. And I am in a great team, great leadership who values/cares about the staffs and great co-workers.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2018-12-19
  9. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time

Pros

Wonderful, innovative healthcare organization led by a strong, senior leadership team. The organization is very diverse and is filled with smart, hardworking, and fun colleagues focused on providing care and services to hundreds of people in the NYC community. VNSNY offers a good benefits package and a healthy work/life balance and there are many ways to learn and grow within the organization.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2018-12-07
  10. "ACE Leadership Development Program"

Current Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Service of New York full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They substantially invest in their future leaders! The Organizational Development team at VNSNY has a leadership development program named ACE, or Achieving a Culture of Excellence. It is a highly selective, 8 month long program to broaden skill sets in these areas: Executive communication and presence Self-awareness and emotional intelligence Coaching and delegation Accountability (including self-accountability) The course culminates in an Action Learning Project, where the entire cohort is tasked with addressing real world challenges facing the company. I cannot recommend this enough.

Cons

None at this time.

Visiting Nurse Service of New York2018-08-17