Vista Community Clinic Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Barbara Mannino

1. "good employer"

Pros

Excellent Benefits and Medical Insurance

Cons

Hours worked having to fill in when staff call in sick

"Horrible environment to work on"

Former Employee - Counselor in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Counselor in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Vista Community Clinic (More than a year)

Pros

plenty of parking and great visual aid equipment.

Cons

lack of clinical supervision, micro management by administrators, hostile environment if you are from different culture, lack of privacy to work, nosy coworkers, mid management far away and disconnected, super small working quarters, unhealthy air. administrators are rude to clients.

Advice to Management

Fire hostile culturally centered workers who are rude to peers and clients..

"Good opportunities"

I worked at Vista Community Clinic full-time

Pros

once you are able to get your foot in the door you can venture to other departments and transfer. They work well with you through hard times or if you are in school.

Cons

Underpaid jobs for the amount of work load you are required to do. Entry level jobs can be very tedious. there is very little room for advancement. Can be very intimidating when management is monitoring your every move.

5. "Management"

Pros

Former COO was very supportive of Managers; she is no longer there. Was an ok place to work and definitely a learning experience.

Cons

Visit/productivity driven organization for being a "non profit". Takes on too many grants and it's almost impossible to satisfy all of the data points of each grant. EHR check in process of patients us too extensive as a result of satisfying grant data points. Staff with longevity can get away with things other staff would be fired behind. Manager's are held responsible for things they have no control over.

Advice to Management

CEO needed to get out more and connect with ALL Manager's instead of only the ones he knew. He made no effort to engage with the clinic management team; the big drivers of the organization.

6. "Physician"

Pros

Well run, great coworkers, able to practice great medicine

Cons

very busy clinic high volume

"It's all about the Executives"

I have been working at Vista Community Clinic full-time

Pros

None. You will get stuck.

Cons

This company has changed since the original CEO left now the current CEO and Executives just line their pockets with government money
    It is sad that a now profit does this there is no more acts of kindness to the employees since the CEO left Don't work here no one is happy

Advice to Management

Try to bring the passion back to the company and quit making everyone feel unwanted
    and quit lining your pockets with money that is meant to the poor
    Your attitudes are repulsive

8. "Medical Records"

I have been working at Vista Community Clinic full-time

Pros

Everyone is very helpful and friendly .

Cons

I feel as if they pay can be better since my position involves a lot of work.

9. "It is good place to start"

I have been working at Vista Community Clinic part-time

Pros

Helping the community and trainings

Cons

Low pay, tons of family and friends

Advice to Management

More communication between employees and upper management.

10. "It's a great place to get experience working in the medical field."

Pros

Flexible schedules,good benefits,little room for growth

Cons

majority of staff are very rude including managers. To many family members working within all departments and favoritism towards them.

"Vista Community Clinic has a big heart for its patients and employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Pros

Vista Community Clinic's roots began 40 years ago when a group of volunteers saw a need in the community to provide quality, affordable health care for those who did not have access to good health care. The clinic first opened its doors in rented space at the local dog pound. Over the past four decades, the clinic has grown to five locations in Vista and Oceanside. The new Women's Center at Vale Terrace opens in January, 2012. One of the reasons why I like working with Vista Community Clinic is because the clinic gives free medical and dental visits to the homeless. I want to work at a company that isn't profit driven, but cares about making a difference in people's lives. Patients appreciate us and are happy we're in the neighborhood. Anybody may walk through our door, but we focus on providing care to those who are facing tough times, either financially, socially or culturally. And in this economic climate, who isn't facing tough times? I like working for a company that strives to make a positive impact on its community. Vista Community Clinic is here for those who lose their health insurance due to a job loss, divorce or other event. At some point in life, most people experience a loss or interruption of health insurance and it's a scary time. Vista Community Clinic also helps patients enroll in public assistance programs. I like working for a company that is community-oriented. The clinic doesn't discriminate. Patients will find many different programs available, such as HIV testing and AIDS programs, cyber education for teens, alcohol, tobacco and drug prevention programs, programs for keeping kids healthy, maternal and child care, a diabetes program and several others. One of the best reasons I like working at Vista Community Clinic is interacting with patients. How many people get to hold babies on the job!? It's so cool!

Cons

We see over 57,000 patients a year and our days are busy, every minute. It's never boring! But it can be tiring. The workload is always heavy and there is never a shortage of sick people needing help, re-assurance or comfort. I think the staff is gracious to patients. I've been a patient myself and Iiked how the medical assistant checked in with me to give me the ETA of the doctor, who was running late because he was giving extra time to a patient who needed him. One of the downsides of working here has been the parking situation because of construction. However, that problem is now being remedied with a new parking structure and we're excited about that.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to always have an open channel of communication. Communication is key. Be open to suggestions and feedback, listen to employees, have an open forum of a 2-way conversation. Keep employees in the loop regarding important developments within the organization.