Vista Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.8
Gary Pond & Tony Martell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The little company that will"

I have been working at Vista Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing company with vision. If you are willing to work hard and think outside of the box you will excel in this company. New building new look new vibe. The sky is the limit.

Cons

Growing pains are always difficult for any small company to manage.

Advice to Management

Trust those who have proven themselves. It's a business. Don't worry about disgruntled ex employees trashing your company.

"If your looking to be a yes man then this is the best job for you."

Pros

Very hard to think of any pros for this job other then there is a select amount of people who are hard workers and know how to work together.

Cons

Vista is a company of people who will backstab and throw anyone under the bus once they get accused of something along with a huge turnover rate. Within the first 3 months of employment many quit and moved on to new and better jobs that treated them way better. Nobody admits to being wrong, but just blames it on someone else. Essentially you are a pawn and the CEO doesn't care if you have a family or important things to attend to outside of work. His son gets away with everything let alone doesn't have to think much when doing his work, because his dad tells him what all to write and say.

You will be over worked and treated badly like a dog left outside chained up left to suffer the many elements mother nature could endure on you. I have worked for many companies, but this is the most unprofessional and unethical company I have ever worked for. No trust is given to anyone, but upper management. Advice from people with greater experience was never taken, job duties are moved to others when people quit and not compensated for it, and not even a simple thank you for your hard work is rarely given more so just looking for what you did wrong or need to do better when in reality what they did is correct and a simple thank you should just be given.

Essentially you will start to lose your passion for what you love to do. All I have to say is listen to what people have written about Vista on here, because they are true. Avoid this job so you don't have to subject yourself to this unethical ridiculousness behavior and move on to the next interview, because this is just a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and show you care about what they do for you. After all they are the ones making you money right?

"should get half a star"

Former Employee - Warehouse in Racine, WI
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Racine, WI

I worked at Vista Dental (More than a year)

Pros

fun perks, easter egg hunt catered lunches that don't make up for how they really make you feel

Cons

management/owner wants all control of your life. Will steal your passion and happiness

Advice to Management

get over yourselves, release your products when FDA says so. You will falll

"Broken dreams"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I worked at Vista Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees are fun to work with. Except for the ones that are under owners wing. Use to be family oriented that is no longer true.

Cons

You never know when you will be walked out. You get blamed and punished for things you had not partaken in.

Advice to Management

Trust your leads and you will exceed. Stop putting people in positions that they have no clue about the position

5. "Honest review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I have been working at Vista Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people! How many jobs have you had where you can not stand the person working across from you? At vista-dental management has insisted on only hiring the best fit and positive people for each position. Vista is a small business with big dreams! Why not be apart of a business that has dreams big?!?!

I have read a lot of comments on here about backorders and management not caring. Backorders happen... They will not be corrected over night, but the future is looking bright! With a small business patients is key... Management does care... ( I am not management nor am I HR) If you go to the people in charge with a suitable complaint or concern, you will see that management will give you their undivided attention. Remember this is not a fortune 500 company. It is a small company, and management has a lot on their plate. I RECOMMEND VISTA-DENTAL!

Cons

Trust Issues. Management needs to trust and listen to others. Managements solution might not be the only correct solution. Listen to the small details your employees have to offer. Don't put the idea of doubt into your employees as it will reflect onto your customers... Also no company outings... Show a little pride in your company and take them out and do something fun! It can only grow the moral!!!

Advice to Management

Stay positive, listen to your employees, trust that person to do the job ( that's why you hired them). Don't micromanage. Reward your staff. Make coming to work an enjoyable thing. All in all... Water the plant and it will grow.

6. "Current Employee"

Pros

The company has very innovative products and a promote from within commitment.

Cons

The buildings kind of old and my commute is longer than I anticipated

Advice to Management

Don't be discouraged by the comments of a few losers.
    Improve customer service levels.

"Truth Resides Between The Disgruntled & Satisfied Reviewers"

Pros

See other reviews. The future appears bright but regulatory compliance is an issue.

Cons

Executive management micromanages or dictates and FLIP FLOPS on decisions, not a collaborative style, everything goes up the ladder, cross functional responsibilities, and high attrition rate in QA. Observed intimidation, fear & demeaning remarks by owner to employees. Inability to set expectations beforehand. Displays favoritism. Forces reassignment of workers to other dept's.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be more collaborative. Speak more of others attributes and a job well done. View mishaps as opportunity for improvement. Stop FLIP FLOPPING and learn to trust the abilities of subordinates. Allow managers to function like managers.

"The Land of Disgruntlement"

I worked at Vista Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job if you don't have one and pays slightly better than unemployment.

Cons

A dead end because it appears to be a struggling company. Products are not produced or imported in a timely manner and customers are given false promises. Bills for supplies are sometimes not paid on time further hindering production. New products are "sold" before they are even produced. Often the equipment has quality issues and results in exasperated customers and poor customer retention. The only positive review on this site was written by HR in a feeble attempt to enhance the company's image. I can't imagine that anyone with any real HR education and knowledge of proper protocols would even find this acceptable, let alone encourage it to continue. Dishonest, narcissistic management with a complete lack of integrity, high employee turnover due to below average pay and the lowest morale I have ever seen in my career. Anyone who has actually worked in a professional environment walks away from this situation appalled by the way both employees and customers are treated and disrespected. I have worked for both small businesses and large corporations and have never experienced anything like it. I am not a person who would ordinarily bother to write a review on anything, positive or negative but in this case I feel potential employees deserve to know the truth so that they can make an informed decision. I wish I had known the things I have read here before accepting a position, because they are all true and these reviews are consistent over time. This is not a place for those with a drive to succeed. These people leave on their own, and quickly.

Advice to Management

It would not do any good to offer advise because it is pointless. Nothing will ever change or improve as both employees and customers are regarded as disposable. It is sad and shameful.

"Prospects beware"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Racine, WI
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Racine, WI

I worked at Vista Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The most current review of this company is interesting. Regardless of laid off or fired the company is run poorly. The culture is awkward. I personally think that management members are sociopaths.

Cons

My short time there I spent my day apologizing to customers and making excuses as to why product is not shipping or what back order time line is. To my knowledge this has not changed much. We sold vapor product. It's not a place where you can grow.

Advice to Management

quit , retire or sell your company

"Do not accept a job offer!!!!!"

I worked at Vista Dental full-time

Pros

None that I could think of other than it barely paid better than unemployment,

Cons

CEO micromanages, is very shady, instructs to go against GXP ie. backdating documents or procedures.
    CEO also appoints people into positions that they are NOT qualified for.
    CEO is very demeaning, has his favorites. Hourlies are the gum upon his shoes that he walks on.
    CEO is narcissistic and thinks that he is doing you a favor by giving you a job.
    LOW PAY. Vista pays nearly half of the "going rate" for the area.
    Mandates 9 hour days for salary, yet pays a part time wage.
    Building is very old and decrepid. The temperature in the buidling during the winter is so cold people have to wear their coats and also have space heaters in all areas of the building.
    Rodent infestation. When I was employed there, the conference room reeked of decaying rodents.
    No clean room setting for filling solutions, more of an open warehouse setting.
    Moral is low, CEO plays upon the job economy and complacency of employees.
    CEO pits staff against each other, talks negatively about senior management, gives inside information to people that have no business knowing of his shady plan of action
    Backstabbing, coniving, coworker/superiors.
    Dark and dreary atmosphere. The building alone reminds you of a former insane asylum. Hard to keep a positive outlook working in that type of environment.

Advice to Management

CEO, get yourself a reality check. Lose the ego and stop differenciating your hourly's from salary's. The hourly's are the ones that in the end make you your buck. Quit lining your pockets with the profits and invest in qualified people to do the job. If you aren't happy with the employees performance get rid of them instead of moving them into another dept. Stop talking behind your staff's backs.