Vista Proppants and Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Vista Proppants and Logistics Reviews

Updated October 22, 2018

Gary Humphreys

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company and Ownership"

I have been working at Vista Proppants and Logistics full-time

Pros

The ownership at Vista is fantastic. Everyone is very personable and friendly. Fun atmosphere to work in!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons at Vista!

2. "Lied to Get Driver's in the Door"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in San Angelo, TX
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in San Angelo, TX

I worked at Vista Proppants and Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get your own room at the hotel, $25 hourly, 40 hour guarantee, up to 6% matching for 401(k), HSA matching (not sure how much), free breakfast in San Angelo (no lunch or dinner offered), and decent living conditions in San Angelo.

Cons

Nothing is set in stone here. It was a decent payday the last several months but Vista made damn sure to dry it up. Vista management is cutting hours now. I would love to say they are cutting hours because it's winter time but that would be a lie. They now have 120 drivers in rotation for 4 wells so overtime is being cut now. It's screwy because they want drivers at 60 hours but several were sent back to the hotel near 60 (around high 50's). I can drive back home locally for that kind of money. The promises have gone out the window and it's looking more and more like it's time to find another company to get on with just to make a decent check.

Advice to Management

Don't mess around with over time hours and think a single driver will put up with it for long.

3. "Great people, low pay"

I worked at Vista Proppants and Logistics full-time

Pros

Upper management is accessible and works closely with staff.

Cons

Low pay, crowded office space, poor communication, no room for advancement.

"Started great, faded fast"

Former Employee - Driver in Monahans, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Monahans, TX

I worked at Vista Proppants and Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free housing and you don’t have to share. This is for the Monahans, TX yard as I’m not sure how things work at other yards. You get your own fema style trailer with direct tv, WiFi and maid service once a week. You also receive a weekly per diem of $280, plus a weekly guarantee of $1,000.

Cons

Where do I start? At the Monahans yard it is a free for all as there is no supervision. The yard was assigned a few supervisors, but they are never there as they have their own yard to run. There is no communication whatsoever. On the rare occasion a supervisor is there, he sits in his truck and watches shift change. If he does have anything to say he will say it to whoever is closest to his truck and I guess expect word to get around. All that does is get twisted and become rumors. The few months I was there I never attended one meeting of any kind and never received any direction whatsoever. The trucks are decent I guess, although they are Mack’s and have absolutely no comfort. They all have issues though and when I quit the yard did not have a mechanic, unbelievable. They keep losing work and are now expecting drivers to be on call, but not get paid. I guess they can justify it with having a weekly guarantee. Basically, still get up for work, but you can’t clock in until they call you and tell you to. I was not going to play that game and resigned, but some are sticking it out. Oh, they also bought sandbox trailers that are too tall and were knowingly sending drivers out in trailers that were illegal because of the height. Things desperately need to change at that yard or they will have to make some changes and I would guess it will start with the per diem and weekly guarantee. Oh, did I mention weekly payroll is always wrong?

Advice to Management

Hire a full time supervisor or two for the Monahans yard. Develop a communication plan. Don’t tell employees they are not allowed to call payroll and make a simple task complicated as you now have to involve numerous people.

5. "Sand driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Pecos, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Pecos, TX

Pros

Housing and hourly pay. They will treat you like it’s the best company in orientation. 40 hour guarantee paid (with a catch; to be on call).

Cons

Slow work, some days you don’t run at all. Not even hitting 40 hours a week. Short runs, company does not have a contract so work is inconsistent. I would avoid it if possible. So many changes happened from one day to another.

Advice to Management

Take care of your drivers. Why hire so many drivers if you do not have the work? We’re here to make money not sit around. If you want people on call let them be on stand by and paid hourly, no wonder you guy’s had a high turnover being maalt.

6. "This company is nothing but Maalt Transport indisguise.. (HONEST REVIEW)"

Current Employee - Pnuematic Sand Driver in Pecos, TX
    Current Employee - Pnuematic Sand Driver in Pecos, TX

I have been working at Vista Proppants and Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PROS: Free housing and free food and that's pretty much it for the Pecos yard and PECOS ONLY! all the other yards didn't recieve such good perks.

Cons

CONS: This company will lie to you just to get your foot in the door they will create false promises to bring workers from all over only to cheat them also this company is also the laughing stock of the oilfield our trucks break downs constantly and in order to find a decent truck these trucks are extremely dirty on the inside very disgusting and out of 10 there maybe only 4 trucks that are in running condition and you'll have to piece them together in order to create a sufficient truck the vast majority the trucks are not DOT compliant which means your CDL will be at risk in addition to that me and multiple drivers have been cheated out our hours and they don't hide it all you will literally see where they edited your hours on your paycom not to mention they say you'll get perdiem in some areas but maybe for the first 3 weeks then that's when they'll start ripping you. They're big thing is COMMUNICATION they will stress that to you in class but when you're in need of help they will not pick up the phone and if they do they don't have any answers to anything oh yeah especially if you get lost you pretty much on your own for a bit the directions they give are inaccurate most of the time they constantly lose contracts so the work is steady BE AWARE! your guarantee is really isn't a guarantee you'll have to fight for that its 40 hours but there's a good amount of drivers that got paid 37 -30 or even 11 - 15 hours there's more but if you decide to go this company you'll see for yourself this company has a 100% turnover (MAALT TRANSPORT) aka Vista Prop

Advice to Management

start listening to your drivers, stop lieing about the pay, check your dispatchers, fix your trucks! stop calling drivers on their days off if they wont work they will call you and hand selecting drivers for work and leaving others out is very unfair for the other drivers.

7. "Frac Sand Driver"

I worked at Vista Proppants and Logistics full-time

Pros

Housing with own private room. 3 hot meals provided daily. Management always helpful. Sign on Bonus. Work at your own pace. Good Co workers. Equipment is in Fair Condition. Guarantee Pay.

Cons

Guarantee Pay is only $800.00. Very hard to make more than 8 loads per week. Loads only pay $107 under 60 miles. 98% of our loads are under 60 miles. Wells are always running by stages not zipper. Meaning 3 to 6 hour wait between stages. Demmurge pay is only $14.00 per hour after 4 hours. Only one major contract with drilling company, that means less loads. Wells only last about a week then takes 2 to 3 days to rig up and start running again. Not enough work. Always send more drivers from other terminals to run loads. Meaning less loads for Pecos Drivers. All around Work is Slow with this Company.

Advice to Management

If well is not a zipper well coordinate with other drilling companies to keep drivers running. Stop sending drivers from other Terminals to run loads at Pecos Terminal. It causes an over flow of loads making other drivers sit for hours. Need onsite maintenance facility.

"Not Work but Family"

I have been working at Vista Proppants and Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for 7 years and have never worked anywhere with ownership as dedicated to employee well being as our owners are. The company has grown steadily within the last 7 years, and continues to grow. The atmosphere is one of absolute respect.

Cons

You might love your job so much that you work more than you should.

Advice to Management

Don't change anything! I am being completely truthful in saying in the owners asked me to scrub toilets I would. When you work for people who care about you as a person and your future you tend to go above and beyond.

9. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in San Angelo, TX
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in San Angelo, TX

I have been working at Vista Proppants and Logistics  (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

I have no issues and have worked here for a year.