Vista Solar Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Vista Solar President Jaymes Callinan
Jaymes Callinan

1. "Family-like, Young and Dedicated Company"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly and family-like environment. People are respectful and want to make a difference in everything we do. Senior Management has an open door policy and is willing to listen to employee concerns, it's like working with a group of friends.

Cons

Limited career advancement program: i.e. continuing educations support.

2. "A nice solar company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Vista Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People at Vista solar were fun and professional at the same time. Staff mainly consist of people from age 25 to 35 and as a result, you get to have some really good conversation with people. No pressure work. Easy going.

Cons

People bring a lot of sweets for breakfast. It makes really hard to lose weight while working there. Besides that, I think rest everything is ok there.

Advice to Management

Some routine checks to see if everyone is happy or not at the company.

3. "Young, fresh, talented and dedicated company."

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

I've had my thoughts about a startup, but working here has changed my mindset. I love it..! I've been here less than a month. Right from the interview stage through to the end of the hiring process, its been a pleasant experience. The company is evolving very fast and they are extremely tech savvy (which is a blessing!). The style of working is honest and transparent, no one has time for politics. The employees are open to ideas and suggestions to improve any work process. The atmosphere is in general very positive and fun. Everyone handles their expertise passionately and come together on a common platform for the benefit of the company. I've been learning A TON since I've joined and I hope it only gets better from here.

Cons

Too early to say at this point.

5. "Sales Manager"

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Co-workers. Vista is full of fun energetic people that want to truly make a difference in the solar industry. Their is a very high standard for quality work. I can say I have truly learned the ins and outs of the solar industry from a sales, design, engineering, installation side!

Cons

As in most smaller companies a lot of roles are not completely defined, and you are forced to wear a lot of hats, which can be a good thing depending upon what kind of work environment you are looking for.

"Working with Vista Solar"

Former Employee - Electrician Helper in Artesia, CA
    Former Employee - Electrician Helper in Artesia, CA

I worked at Vista Solar (Less than a year)

Pros

No problem showing you how to wire inverter. Read layout blueprints.wire management. Good company to work for..

Cons

None that I experienced need more experienced labors that knows how to set up roof

7. "Great Coworkers!"

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love getting to work with such smart, dedicated professionals. Not only is everyone hard working, but they are also funny. Smart + hardworking + fun = a great work environment, in my book. I also like that we share our office space with SVM (our parent company) - which means more friends, events and celebrations. For example, everyone takes turns bringing in Friday Breakfast! We have a solar car port, and electric vehicle charging stations, which are free to use for employees. Makes me want to buy an electric car! Finally, it’s hard to find a more satisfying industry as a whole. We get to build beautiful solar systems for businesses and organizations. I recommend a job at Vista Solar to anyone who enjoys working hard on projects they can be proud of, side-by-side with great coworkers.

Cons

Luckily, none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I like that we have started to do anonymous employee shout-out emails. It's fun to know your hard work is recognized by your peers. Please continue making Vista such a positive place to work.

Apr 8, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We now have an official shout out program to recognize all employees and their hard work!

8. "Excellent!"

Current Employee - O&M Technician in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - O&M Technician in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been part of the Vista team for the past few years and I have to say that this is the most rewarding job I have ever had. I have seen the company grow and I feel very fortunate to be part of this team. What I like most about working here is the rewarding challenges and the people I work with. Everyone here is great to work with. PTO and benefits policy are great.

Cons

The stress level can often be high at times but working in this field it is expected. Promotions can take a little time gain.

Advice to Management

More out of the office activities.

Nov 18, 2014 – Vice President

Thank you for your commitment over the last 5 years! You've seen us grow from a start-up working at card tables and building residential systems to Silicon Valley's top commercial firm. More ... More

9. "Great Company great culture"

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is what makes Vista a great company to work for:
    1. People at Vista: they make it fun to get to work each day.
    2. Startup culture. Close knit family type of environment. Learning environment.
    3. Renewables and sustainability is a big chunk of what I love about my job and Vista Solar.
    4. Last but not least I'm free to be who I am.
    5. Office location and ambience works for me.

Cons

Promotions no particular trajectory. Better compensation would be even better! More time offs. Work flexibility would be appreciated as well.

Nov 18, 2014 – Vice President

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Our goal has been to build a team of solar professionals who enjoy collaborating with one another to build the best commercial systems in solar and it sounds like ... More

10. "Great experience and professional growth with perks"

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We work as a team on awesome projects and make money building a better way to get energy.

Cons

Small business doing big things so we wear many hats and excellence is a must.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on growth and profitability. I suggest we celebrate summer solstice, keep up the healthy perks, and drive home employee development.

Nov 18, 2014 – Vice President

Making a living saving other people huge sums of money with clean energy isn't a bad gig! Thanks for the advice to management. We've been profitable for the last few years and reinvesting our profits ... More

11. "Hard work, but exciting atmosphere and future."

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone at Vista is super passionate about solar and what they do. Because its a growing company in a rapidly changing industry, there are new challenges and new technologies to learn practically every day. The growing company makes it so everyone has to wear a lot of hats, which can be a great way to learn a lot and sample a lot of aspects of the solar business.

Cons

Because Vista is not a large company yet, its still going through some growing pains. Wearing lots of hats is exciting for learning opportunities and keeping the day to day fresh, but it can also be demanding.