Vista Solar Reviews | Glassdoor

Jaymes Callinan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time

Pros

Vista Solar is a fun work place. Everyone is super nice and willing to help each other out. The culture is pretty outgoing as well.

Cons

You know how you get freshmen 15 in college, well you get "Vista 15" joining this company. BEWARE OF THE AMOUNT OF FOOD YOU'LL GET DURING THE WEEK! You have been warned.

Advice to Management

In general, its rare for an employee to leave cause of the company, they leave cause of bad managers.

2. "A growing company in a growing industry"

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time

Pros

Vista Solar is a great family type company to grow with. Everyone is nice and supportive. It's a company focused on providing solutions to problems, instead of wasting time on pointing fingers.

Cons

Similar cons to a startup. Sometimes it might feel like there's a lack of organization or everyone is working in their own silos.Another con is there's an abundance of sugary junk food. You'll have to learn discipline when it comes to the free food.

Advice to Management

Encourage more communication between teams and individuals. It's a great collaborative environment at Vista Solar, but sometimes it's held back by the amount of workload required from everyone.

3. "A nice solar company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Vista Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People at Vista solar were fun and professional at the same time. Staff mainly consist of people from age 25 to 35 and as a result, you get to have some really good conversation with people. No pressure work. Easy going.

Cons

People bring a lot of sweets for breakfast. It makes really hard to lose weight while working there. Besides that, I think rest everything is ok there.

Advice to Management

Some routine checks to see if everyone is happy or not at the company.

4. "Amazing company!"

Pros

- Coworkers are amazing group of people. Everyone does their part to really make this company great.
    - Great leadership! It's great to know that they are there to support you.
    - Benefits are amazing (shout out to HR)
    - Everyone treats each other with respect and are willing to learn from the other regardless of position/titles.

Cons

- too early for me to say at this point.

5. "Great Place to work for with fun people. I love my job."

Pros

Great Leadership and Mentoring.
    No micromanagement. They let you do the work how you want and give you advice from experience.
    Great working environment. Everyone gets along really well.
    Fun yet competent people who can go from fun to serious and back again at the drop of a hat.
    Opportunities to grow both laterally and vertically.

Cons

Mediocre pay for living in Silicon Valley.
    Growing pains from a growing company.

Advice to Management

Expanding a company is always tricky. Find a way to make the pay more relevant to the area and your team will reward you for it through positive growth feedback.

6. "Family-like, Young and Dedicated Company"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly and family-like environment. People are respectful and want to make a difference in everything we do. Senior Management has an open door policy and is willing to listen to employee concerns, it's like working with a group of friends.

Cons

Limited career advancement program: i.e. continuing educations support.

7. "Young, fresh, talented and dedicated company."

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

I've had my thoughts about a startup, but working here has changed my mindset. I love it..! I've been here less than a month. Right from the interview stage through to the end of the hiring process, its been a pleasant experience. The company is evolving very fast and they are extremely tech savvy (which is a blessing!). The style of working is honest and transparent, no one has time for politics. The employees are open to ideas and suggestions to improve any work process. The atmosphere is in general very positive and fun. Everyone handles their expertise passionately and come together on a common platform for the benefit of the company. I've been learning A TON since I've joined and I hope it only gets better from here.

Cons

Too early to say at this point.

8. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Co-workers. Vista is full of fun energetic people that want to truly make a difference in the solar industry. Their is a very high standard for quality work. I can say I have truly learned the ins and outs of the solar industry from a sales, design, engineering, installation side!

Cons

As in most smaller companies a lot of roles are not completely defined, and you are forced to wear a lot of hats, which can be a good thing depending upon what kind of work environment you are looking for.

"Working with Vista Solar"

Former Employee - Electrician Helper in Artesia, CA
    Former Employee - Electrician Helper in Artesia, CA

I worked at Vista Solar (Less than a year)

Pros

No problem showing you how to wire inverter. Read layout blueprints.wire management. Good company to work for..

Cons

None that I experienced need more experienced labors that knows how to set up roof

10. "I can finally say... I LOVE MY JOB."

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rare group of leaders who recognize that genuine and honest relationships and business processes truly raise a healthy company. Great people with great attitude and great vision with great planning. Open to changes and quick to responding to issues and conflicts. Management is very fair and easy to work with. They also recognize people for their hard work.

Cons

Growing a lot so you have to be excited about opportunities to grow and be willing to give a hand when it is needed. This is not really a con, but can be for people just hoping to do what was asked.

Vista Solar Response

Apr 8, 2016 – HR Manager

So glad that VSI can be a very special place for you!