Vistage Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Vistage Worldwide Reviews

Updated September 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work with CEOs, business owners and executives to increase their effectiveness and enhance their lives (in 6 reviews)

• Fabulous culture and moral in San Diego (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Having 14 to 18 business owners, presidents and CEOs in the moment both in body and mind takes a lot of effort on my part (in 2 reviews)

• The work can be very fast paced (in 2 reviews)

"Overall a good place to work with a great mission."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Vistage Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mission, cool people.

Cons

Was purchased by a private equity group. Unrealistic goals at the moment. Short term gain, long term loss.

"It Was A Good Run"

Former Employee - California in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - California in San Diego, CA

I worked at Vistage Worldwide full-time

Pros

The people, the perks, most of the culture. The rest of your experience will really depend on who you are working for.

Cons

Failure to stick with the same goals and vision. The message changed several times when I was there. It was hard for some people to commit to any one thing because the company seemed to have an identity crisis.

Advice to Management

I know most of you care, but there were some there that clearly didn't. I was lucky and I would grade my overall experience as very positive but a lot of people came and went in my tenure. Your experience at Vistage should not depend on who you report to. Everyone should be treated the same.

"Manager"

I have been working at Vistage Worldwide full-time

Pros

Vistage has an incredible mission of helping leaders and their companies become better leaders, make better decisions and more successful.

Cons

There appears to be high employee attrition in the last year and even more so recently with employees leaving on their own to explore other opportunities.

"Needs Serious Improvements!"

Pros

Nice San Diego location and mission supports growth and learning. The people that actually do business coaching that helps companies grow and develop their business are probably very knowledgeable (they are not a part of IT)

Cons

Part of the Information Technology Team is Provincial, Snarky, Unfocused, Intolerant. Heard many complaints before started working there (snarky comments about team members) and then experienced it myself. It all seems to try to make managers look better, feel more important? Meanwhile these same managers seem to have ADHD and are busy ordering clothes for their kids on their cell while in the middle of important meetings. The people they complain about are making regular derogatory comments about them as well rather than working. More snarkiness than collaboration, communication, and clarity. Very dysfunctional compared to other companies I've worked for who seem to have worked out ethics, business process, and keys to personal interaction (hint: it involves mutual respect and dignity). Total lack of alignment between various members of the team.

Advice to Management

IT could take some lessons from the coaching part of the organization on leadership, ethics, business practices, communication, fairness and tolerance when dealing with people who don't share their particular dysfunction. Lack of tolerance creates a hostile workplace. Reward results rather than individual dysfunction. Get out and get some fresh air on best practices at other San Diego companies especially in the area of creating a viable corporate culture and how collaboration works (in reality not as a buzzword).

"From success to significance"

Current Employee - VISTAGE Group Chairman in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - VISTAGE Group Chairman in San Diego, CA

Pros

Work with CEOs, business owners and executives to increase their effectiveness and enhance their lives. independent yet part of sharp, engaged, high-learning community.

Cons

Pay is low for the client impact/value, hours, contribution to corporate growth/value.

Advice to Management

Increase Chair pay

6. "Terrific company that cares about it's employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Treat all employees (regardless of level) with respect
    Committed to the development of staff
    Provides great work/life balance
    Results driven

Cons

Some lack of clarity around strategy
    Can be overaggressive with goals when data doesn't support
    Needs to be more forward thinking with testsing

"Great run."

Former Employee - Marketing in Dana Point, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Dana Point, CA

I worked at Vistage Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Service for Business Leaders. Value proposition is compelling to business leaders in small to medium sized enterprise. Committed sales and marketing team.

Cons

Brand awareness is low. Young President's Organization is better known among SMEs. More resources need to be devoted to growing brand recognition to accelerate company growth.

Advice to Management

Investment spend to accelerate brand awareness among business leaders. There is a limit to the extent Member referrals can drive business growth.

"Experience depends on the manager....."

Pros

Good benefits
    Nice offices
    Fun employee activities

Cons

They have some good managers and some bad managers - unfortunately, I had a bad manager....would have stayed if I worked for one of the good managers.

9. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great culture and work environment

Cons

Too big for current space

10. "Awesome Culture and People!!"

Pros

A tremendously great organization with a super cool culture of learning and development. I'd been here for quite awhile and the learning never ends. I truly enjoy it here.

Cons

You need to be a high performer to be here! We have lofty goals and they are always being adjusted.

Advice to Management

Take time with developing goals and continue with learning and development of staff.