Visteon Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Visteon President and CEO Sachin Lawande
Sachin Lawande

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good work life balance for SW teams (in 29 reviews)

• Really nice work environment with really nice colleagues (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Tough to handle work life balance and depends on projects (in 9 reviews)

• Bully CEO and other upper management follow his lead on treatment of employees (in 8 reviews)

"In Transition"

Current Employee - North American Leader of Program Development in Belleville, MI

I have been working at Visteon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aggressively pursuing Advanced technologies for autonomous vehicle sector

Cons

Too tight on budget and late to ADAS, AI and autonomous vehicle product development.

"There Are Other Choices"

Current Employee - Software Architect in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Visteon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hopefully nearing the end of the road and will be sold or scattered to the winds.

Cons

It's a terrible place to work. The management is fairly clueless, running around spending millions to develop technology that has been available for five years at the competitors. They are so clueless that they think it is new at Visteon. Work force is demoralized by the constant layoffs and offshoring of projects. Main products are commodity products available anywhere. The company exists because the car companies need multiple players to keep the price s low from their preferred suppliers. Miserable HR department staffed with mostly contractors.

No possibilities for women and minorities in management. Go to the websites of any competitors such as Delphi, Harman, etc. to see the senior leadership teams or have a look at the other major companies like General Mills, P&G, etc. then look at Visteon's leadership team and ask yourself how it is possible that such a situation could exist there.

Advice to Management

If you really valued people, you'd show it by first actually hiring the legion of contractors in HR. Throw in the towel and find a buyer.

"Work environment"

I have been working at Visteon full-time

Pros

Good Work Life balance

Cons

No developmental goals. No career path or planning. Always reactive never proactive environment and always cost cutting. Not much spend on R&D

Jun 5, 2017 – VP, HR

Thanks for the comments and I have made sure that we passed along your constructive cons to the right teams.

"Typical Company Response"

Current Employee - Manager in Belleville, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Belleville, MI

I have been working at Visteon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees genuinely want to do well
    Work Life
    Campus setting

Cons

New Incapable Inadequate Leadership
    Favoritism

Advice to Management

"Visteon response"? That just highlights and emphasizes your problem with not listening as many people state on here. This site is for employee perception for working at Visteon- there is no need to try to save face with arrogant canned HR responses- save that for your press releases. I think there was an employee survey that showed the problems but no resolution just more failed inadequate attempts. Glassdoor is a widely used site so you may want to actually address your problems and start with this new incapable leadership. Worst we have had but they sure do spend money well on themselves. Delayed raises for the masses but public SEC filings= bad employee perception. Correct the real problems before we lose.

Jun 5, 2017 – VP, HR

Thanks for the feedback. We are listening -- as evidenced by our interaction here -- and sometimes offer a perspective that others might value in response to statements. Not trying to save face or... More

5. "Good working environment in auto industry"

Current Employee - Industrial Designer in Van Buren Township, MI
    Current Employee - Industrial Designer in Van Buren Township, MI

I have been working at Visteon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good management, friendly working space, the manager s always listen to employee's opinions and willing to hand responsibilities over to people who work for them.

Cons

Run a little bit slow path; engineers have more rights to make decisions; not being very much appreciated or respected as designer in this company, might because it is a tech company

Jun 5, 2017 – VP, HR

Thanks for the review and good insights into how we can be better. Agree with what you suggested and will pass it along.

6. "Leader in HR"

I have been working at Visteon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prosperous, growing tech company in the hottest space going these days: the confluence of mobility and technology. Change rich environment as Visteon leaves behind it's past and becomes a pure play in auto tech. New leadership team, vibrant vision for the future.

Cons

It's a company in transition, and as you see from some of the ratings here, not everyone likes change. Moreover, some struggle with the discontinuity that comes with that. I'd also point out that many of the ratings here are from a Visteon that was a different company, prior to a lot of the divestitures that created the firm we have today.

"No Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belleville, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belleville, MI

I have been working at Visteon full-time

Pros

-Decent pay and benefits
    -Coworkers are generally nice

Cons

-Everything has been outsourced to India except for a small contingent to act as scapegoats for when outsourced labor screws up
    -No opportunity for advancement
    -No investments in GLCC; equipment is ancient, half of it is broken

Advice to Management

Get a CEO that actually gives a damn about engineering and technology, not just cost-cutting and book-cooking.

May 15, 2017 – VP, HR

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review, and we will look into the comment about equipment. Some facts: Visteon hired over 2000 people in 2016, over 900 salaried personnel. We are a very... More

"Visteon Advanced Innovation"

Current Employee - Design in Van Buren Township, MI
    Current Employee - Design in Van Buren Township, MI

I have been working at Visteon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Creative work for creative types, Great working staff, Flexible hours, Good benefits

Cons

Company is in a constantly restructuring, very little opportunity for advancement within certain departments

Advice to Management

Invest in employees and tool/skill trainning

May 15, 2017 – VP, HR

Thank you for the review. As context, may be helpful for others to know that Visteon is exiting a long period of change to become the pure play electronics provider that we are today. As we enter... More

"Regret"

Current Employee - Senior Software Design Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Software Design Engineer in Detroit, MI

Pros

Even though it is in the middle of nowhere, the campus is very attractive. There is wildlife and that sort of thing. Decent pay. It's a small consolation.

Cons

I was recruited to work at Visteon with a lot of promises about advanced projects and new groundbreaking technology. I left a good job at a Fortune 50 company to take this job. I am very sorry I did that. What I discovered was a company with no virtually no budgets for anything advanced, a tiny staff, and a work force that is beaten down and terrified of management.

Perhaps they honestly believe that what they are working on is groundbreaking, but other companies have invested hundreds of millions of dollars and have had legions of people working on similar projects for years. What they are doing at Visteon is mostly window dressing for Wall Street.

All of the sales come from technologies acquired from a company they swallowed. Current leadership has had few successes.

If you are considering working here, have a good look at their product portfolio and ask yourself if there is anything there that any number of competitors can do or that the OEMs can do simply by sourcing the components themselves. I wish I had done that. Now I am searching for a new job and I am discovering that the Visteon name tarnishes your reputation in the job market.

They like to call themselves a "pure play electronics company". Translation: one product line that can easily be sourced to one of the better positioned competitors.

And if you have any good ideas, forget it. The only ideas allowed at Visteon are the ideas that come from the CEO, who is unwilling to listen and surrounds himself by yes-men. And I do mean men. I have never seen a company that was so devoid of women in positions of authority. Again, I wish I had done my research before taking the job.

But you can learn from my mistakes. Unless you are desperate or need a visa sponsor, this is not the place you want to be.

Advice to Management

A total rethink is needed.

Jun 5, 2017 – VP, HR

Appreciate your review. I would direct readers to the Investor Relations presentation on Visteon.com to see a clear articulation of our direction as a company, including our year over year track... More

"Good benefits, no direction with company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Visteon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Highly skilled and motivated employees, good benefits

Cons

No clear direction as to what company (if anything) will be. Constant downsizing.

Advice to Management

Find another job...

May 15, 2017 – VP, HR

Appreciate your review. I would direct readers to the Investor Relations presentation on Visteon.com to see a clear articulation of our direction as a company.