Visual Land Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Visual Land Inc. Reviews

1.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Pay check to Pay check"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Visual Land Inc.  (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay above market and good workers

Cons

Start up mentality and repetitive work

2. "Inventory"

Pros

Good coworkers. Hour are available

Cons

Upper management is horribly incompetent

"Worst company I have ever worked for"

I worked at Visual Land Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. I worked there several years, and I can not list even one pro. I'd rather be unemployed than work there ever again.

Cons

Hired for a job with certain job title, then they switched my job to something else after I was hired! Wasted several years working here gaining experience that is unrelated to my career path. Upper management is clueless on how to run a business, it's an unfunny joke. They lie, discriminate, cheat in all aspects. They harass and berate their employees to the point where many good employees leave one day and never come back. Company outlook is dismal at best. Probably will be out of business soon. They deserve to be sued for many unethical things they have done.

Advice to Management

No advice for upper management, since they will not listen and just blame others anyway.

4. "DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Visual Land Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard to think of any pros

Cons

Everything. Visual Land probably won't be around too much longer

Advice to Management

Good luck

5. "Needs work"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Visual Land Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool atmosphere.
    Hours are there when busy.

Cons

Owner's wont take advice from people actually getting their product out.

6. "Hard to believe this is a real company"

Former Employee - Manager in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Visual Land Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of any. Sorry. Nothing nothing and nothing. I wish I could find one. But absolutely nothing.

Cons

This company will wow you with mediocre management. Can't stop laughing at the top management and some of the so called "managers" who has no knowledge about their jobs. CEO thinks he doesn't need to do anything to manage his business and spend hours and hours for meaningless meeting to blame and degrade his employees.

Advice to Management

Out of words

"Bad experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Visual Land Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some cool people. Occasional free tacos.

Cons

Everyone is constantly confused and terrified because everything is run according to the CEO's ever-changing whims. Virtually no training or guidance. They have a million products that you're expected to know everything about, and they're constantly reshuffling the specs to launch new versions of the same low quality tablets. They're obsessed with finding ways to duck regulations, pinch pennies and shift the blame when something goes wrong. Part of my job was to leave fake reviews for products to artificially boost their online ratings.

Advice to Management

You can manage people without berating them into submission. You can make money without defrauding your customers.

"Don't expect any support from higher ups"

I have been working at Visual Land Inc. full-time

Pros

Sometimes when everyone's reached their breaking point of misery they buy us lunch.

Cons

A lot of pointless work. If you find a problem in a product or process, they make you jump through hoops to try to solve it and then don't even take your recommendation.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the employees that are less easy going are trying to make the biggest difference. Just because someone listens to everything you say without objection, it doesn't mean they are better employees or more invested on the betterment of the company. You should listen to the ones who want to make this place better instead of people who want to keep things the same.

9. "Disaster"

Pros

The employees are nice, the pay isn't terrible, and full-time benefits are decent. At a certain point, things go from bad to laughable.

Cons

Upper management is an absolute mess. Visual Land has no direction and they are knowingly producing faulty products. There is a complete breakdown of communication across all departments. The company has shrunk to half its size from when I started and even though we are woefully understaffed, management does not seem to be looking to hire anyone else. I've seen people's paychecks messed up time and time again. Requests made that need approval from upper management are usually ignored or forgotten about. You will constantly be met with problems that could've been solved if things were more organized. Most of the employees are past the point of caring because it's obvious that upper management doesn't care at all about them.

Advice to Management

You have several decent mid-level managers in place and most of the employees are relatively smart but for some reason you don't trust them enough to listen to their concerns.

10. "I suggest look somewhere else."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Pros

Work time is flexible, offers insurance.

Cons

Company lacks integrity. Reward slackers with bonuses. Your work is micro managed and no idea where the goal or focus is. Will not feel team environment at all. To the best the smaller sized environment filled up with politics. The pay is average. Benefits are so-so. Not a good place to work.

Advice to Management

If you want to grow. bring more professional folks. Select better candidates to replace those fresh graduates. your kpi doesnt work at all because you simply didn't implement and remove replacement which is needed.