Vitacost Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 9, 2017

1.0
Brian Helman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Relaxed dress code, friendly co-workers, collaborative environment, healthy lifestyle, onsite gym (in 3 reviews)

• No dress code that allows you to roll out of bed and go to work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management pandered to select employees, lots of cattiness and back-biting (in 3 reviews)

"Job seeker beware"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Vitacost full-time

Pros

One pro is a store onsite you can buy snacks at cost. No dress code that allows you to roll out of bed and go to work.

Cons

The company has no direction or goals. It starts with the people in leadership roles lacking experience and trickles throughout the company. This has lead to a horrible environment where people either don't care and put in minimal effort or step all over each other to try to get noticed.

Advice to Management

Kroger should clean house and put leaders with real online experience in place. This should start at the director level and up.

"Think twice before accept the offer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Vitacost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

40% discount for their products and sometimes they gave products for free

Cons

No opportunities to grow.
    Poor management.
    Toxic moral environment.
    Gossip and different standards for management and employers.

Advice to Management

Treat employers equally with respect.

3. "MY Job Experince"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Lexington, NC
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Lexington, NC

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people I work or some of the best and we give our all to this company. Overtime checks are the best, you just have to work six eleven hour days to make it!

Cons

There is no appreciation shown to the employees, the harder you work the more you work. There's no communication between management and employees. Raises are slow and small.

Advice to Management

Team is the company as a whole not just the CEO, Managers, HR and the other office personnel. The warehouse workers should be treated better. Our jobs aren't easy either. We just feel left out of the loop!

"Life at Vitcost"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, NC

Pros

Ok pay for a fairly easy job.

Cons

Unreasonable labor standard that can't be sustained. Management that is uncompromising to the impossible standard.

Advice to Management

Keep you word to employees.

"Promotion title with NO pay increase!"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Vitacost (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can wear whatever you want except tank tops and sandals.

Cons

You are hired to work mon-Fri at 40 hours... however you are REQUIRED to work 10-12 hours a day AND THEN will tell you on Friday that you must work Saturday and Sunday too... I worked 19 days straight had a one day break and did it over and over and over again.

Advice to Management

Learn that you can HIRE more people at a LOWER cost. If you are paying overtime (time AND a half) then you are paying extra for the same work a second sift could be doing.

"Never again"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in High Point, NC

I worked at Vitacost (More than a year)

Pros

This was a good starting point in a customer service career.

Cons

This started off being a great company to work for which after some changes with the companies management, shortly went downhill. Employees are not treated with gratitude here.

"Worst professional experience ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Vitacost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros I can think of is that the paycheck clears and they have running water.

Cons

Most unprofessional place I have ever worked at.Every department blames the other,people fired often and the treatment of employees was a disgrace. Innefective managers and an unhappy crew.

Advice to Management

Clean house and get professionals in there to run the place

"Bad place to work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PTO also know as paid time off. No Pros really. Place is a joke

Cons

Very bad management. They are firing people left to right. They really talk bad on the employees. Needs new management. The leads are always on your back, sexual harassment basically. Place is very wicked

Advice to Management

Advice to management don't bring to work your home problems and take them out on the employees. Get new management period.!

"I was happy to get the heck out of there..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Vitacost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location and a cool dot com company vibe with open office and gym.

Cons

People - specially the management is the worst I have ever seen. If you have not come from the following organizations - The Vitamin Shoppe or Rossetta Stone, you better have a very high tolerance for being put down and thrown under the bus. It is very pathetic and demeaning the way you are treated and some of the people who are posie's to the management can never do anything wrong. There is also a culture of mediocrity and cya with people who have been around for a while - they play the game well and make life miserable for others.

Advice to Management

This is for the Kroger Management - It may not be a bad idea to clean house to improve culture and morale.

"One of the most unprofessional companies I have ever worked at."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lexington, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lexington, NC

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On a positive note, the merger with Kroger may hopefully instill some of Kroger's employee centered management into this company, hopefully!

Cons

My honest review as of today of this company within the customer service branch:

Customer service is already a stressful job and the management department did not help make this position any easier. The management has not been trained properly for the positions they were given and it shows daily in the work that is done. There is a huge issue with favoritism and unequal work conditions as far as the consistency of enforcing the rules. For some employees rules are enforced and for others rules are simply words on a paper that mean nothing. The pay is very minimal for the positions you are in ($10.78/hr) but the benefits are a little better than normal as far as the medical, dental, vision, etc. The PTO is a joke because of the process of using the PTO hours earned. (Another area where favoritism is showed with who gets PTO approved and who does not.) There is no open culture to share feelings, concerns, or comments with upper management. There is no real room for advancing per say. Advancement with this company is a team lead and that's really as far as I have seen or heard of in a while. The other position over team lead to advance to can only be obtained if one of the 3 leaves. There is, at random times, room to move to a different position (special teams, etc) but this too is given by favoritism and not qualifications all the time. I think the lack of training with management before the positions were given is the core reason why this company experiences high employee turnover and a huge employee job dissatisfaction.

Advice to Management

TRAINING! TRAINING! TRAINING!