Vital Images Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Vital Images General Manager Jim Litterer
Jim Litterer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Software Engineer Intern"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Vital Images (More than a year)

Pros

Good manager, clean, professional, resourceful office. Great people to work with. Lot of different departments and they come from interesting backgrounds.

Cons

None really. I love how there's only healthy snacks there, though I can imagine it being tough for someone who prefers Oreos

Apr 3, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to review our Software Engineer Internship! We are so glad you have enjoyed your experience here and learned a lot through colleagues and your manager.

2. "Average company"

I worked at Vital Images full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual environment with good benefits

Cons

Knowledge to support application kept compartmentalized, unequal division of workload in support.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR

Thank you for reviewing your time at Vital! We hope you were able to discuss your feedback during your exit interview so our team can try and suggest improvements to the executive team.

3. "Great, solid company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Vital Images full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

What I love most about working at Vital is that I am never bored and I wear many hats despite my title.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments is sometimes hard to do your job successfully. The company values feedback regarding this and has made strides to fix. Another issue is that this is a management heavy company and it is very difficult to move up the ladder from senior level to management.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities to allow for career advancement in title, not just duties.

Nov 7, 2016 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to review your tenure with Vital! We appreciate your feedback regarding the management heaviness and career advancement in titles and are always working on how to make... More

"My Internship Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Vital Images (Less than a year)

Pros

Vital has been my best employment experience by far. They supplied me with great coworkers and a large amount of resources to better myself as an employee. Having a free gym in the basement of the office was amazing. Zero micromanagement in my department.

Cons

I was hoping for some talk about future employment after the internship was over. Lack of weekly meetings in my department.

Advice to Management

More team building. It was great there were a lot of company wide events but it made it tough to get personal with coworkers that were unable to make it or were with other coworkers.

Aug 22, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your review of your summer internship here at Vital! We are so glad you learned a lot and enjoyed working with your colleagues. Our team appreciates your feedback about team building... More

5. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Great people to work with. Good work environment and good work. Always working on cutting edge medical imaging products.

Cons

It has been a small company for a while. The revenues are not too high and it has been making a loss for several quarters. So the risk of layoffs was always high.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the good work environment. Be more transparent about where the company is headed . Provide more stock options/RSUs to employees if salary cannot be hiked due to low revenues.

Apr 20, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed working here at Vital. With our ever-changing business needs, including several exciting new products, our team diligently assesses current and... More

"NA"

I have been working at Vital Images full-time

Pros

great stepping stone
    good working environment
    good people
    great earning potential
    solid culture

Cons

leadership
    lag in technology
    flat organization
    being acquired
    time to market

Advice to Management

NA

Jun 7, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review of Vital! We are glad you value our culture, people and what we can provide to you as an individual. We value your feedback in what we can work on and are continually... More

"Small company with growing pains"

I worked at Vital Images full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels like working in a small company, can work directly with many groups within the company and get to know the customers. High quality products and an interest in retaining that.

Cons

Having recently been purchased by Toshiba, they have brought in some larger company minded leadership that doesn't seem as interested in quality and personal touch, and more about how they look to the larger group.

Advice to Management

Find ways to continue to have a superior product in the space you are in.

Nov 30, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your company review! We are glad you enjoy our "small-company" feel and innovative product lines, it's what makes us so recognizable in the industry. We will continue to connect with... More

8. "An awesome community with a vision to improve"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Vital Images full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Owned by Toshiba, but operates quite independently.
    Good benefits.
    Outings are somewhat regular.
    Routes to talk directly to upper management if necessary, for any reason.
    Large mix of people, both in technical expertise and business units.
    My boss, his bosses boss, and pretty much everyone up the chain are pretty cool people.
    GM Jim Litterer seems like a straight forward guys-guy.

Cons

Company is only just starting to begin adopting agile across the board.
    Very traditional development model, but folks are starting to see the benefits to the change that are quickly coming.
    Almost 100% Windows shop (opinion).

Advice to Management

Continue the awesome path that you are now, recognizing the worthwhile investments to improve processes and tools in the development scene. You're doing an awesome job and I'm glad to be a new part of it.

Oct 26, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are proud of our partnership with Toshiba and having the ability to utilize their resources to make us a better organization. We will continue to develop in every way we... More

"Life at Vital Images"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Vital Images full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great working environment. The company is very pro-employee and works with your schedules around family issues, and working from home. A very diverse place to work, and everyone is highly knowledgeable. The company works very hard to hire people that help drive a culture of working together. Also excellent benefits especially health care and health and wellness corporate drive. I have never had a day where I woke up and dreaded going into work.

Cons

Very busy with few pauses to stop and focus on additional training and opportunities.

Advice to Management

Focus more group communication, everyone is so busy and head down trying to get things done that people miss details because they don't get to hear from other groups. More of a focus on things coming out in the products in your AEMs.

Oct 8, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review of Vital Images! We love to hear feedback from our tenured staff and are so glad you love coming to work each day. Our HR team will be working on the feedback you have... More

10. "Fantastic Company, Culture and Development!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Vital Images full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vital Images has a very friendly culture and everyone treats each other like family. The executives are in and around the office and very approachable for employees to ask questions. The benefits and extra perks within the organization are also fantastic - free fruit around the office, an on-site deli, wellness activities, etc.

Cons

I would say there are no cons to working within Vital Images.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing!

Jun 7, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review of Vital! We are so glad you value being here.