Vitalize Consulting Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Dan Allison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My experience with VCS"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Kingman, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Kingman, AZ

I worked at Vitalize Consulting Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, small but very professional, they took care of their customers, the consultants and the companies we supported.

Cons

Acquired by a competitor therefore future is in question.

Advice to Management

Treat your customers fairly and you will be successful

2. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Vitalize Consulting Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Great support from staff. Great pay

Cons

slow some periods of the year

3. "Analyst Trainer"

Former Employee - Medical Informatics Trainer/Analyst in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Informatics Trainer/Analyst in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Vitalize Consulting Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Software, and well known in the filled.

Cons

Project managers were no good quality, did not fit the quality of the product and made it seem like you were working for a D company instead of an A company.
    Little to no training, and what there was, was not good quality. Example: 1 week building class gave a manual with steps that were missing important steps to build, therefore practicing for the Pass/ Fail test was impossible. They should have had a better learning manual, and better online support. After all its ultimately a software company.
    Also some of the filed trainers were very shadey. Got hired with dubious credits. One was actually a hostess at a restaurant before hired to work in a healthcare setting, another had no actual healthcare background at all, and would find places to sleep on the job.

Advice to Management

Only hire professionals that have some sore of degree in healthcare if you are going to place trainers in healthcare settings, nurses, nurse practitioners, doctors, PA etc.
    Have accurate training manuals, have a education/ practice portals

4. "If you're looking for high compensation and not a lot of hassle, Vitalize is for you"

Current Employee - EpicCare Ambulatory Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - EpicCare Ambulatory Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Vitalize Consulting Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, my experience with Vitalize has been a great one. I have the opportunity to work for a high-profile client in one of the greatest cities in the world. I'm more than happy with my compensation and think (for their size)Vitalize does a great job. They don't hassle you or micro-manage and have been responsive when I've had a question. I had a choice when it came to clients to interview with, I can live where I want and fly around the country on the weekends, I can take time off as needed and have more control over the type of work I'm doing. They've eased any concerns I had about leaving a salaried position for an hourly one, and I'm 100% happy with my decision.

Cons

Large company so it's hard to have that "personal connection" that is felt with smaller firms
    No bonus for hourly employees
    401K match is not great
    Travel to client site Sunday evening and home on Thursday

Advice to Management

I think there should be more help to hourly employees upon starting to navigate benefits and other territories that are probably relatively new (if coming off of a salaried position). This could be accomplished by having a HR resource assigned to new employees and reaching out to see about setting up a phone call to answer any questions that have come-up throughout the process. A more tailored orientation would also be good.

"Good aspects outweigh the bad...most of the time"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

if you prefer a "small company" atmosphere this is the place to be, it seems everything the leadership does strives to maintain that. Most of the managers are more than competent and reasonable and flexible. Managers/Leadership welcome feedback

Cons

most managers are work-a-holics and though they try to maintain the attitude of having a work/life balance there is some unspoken expectations of work over most other things.

Advice to Management

be more open to enabling employees to work flexible hours (ie: 4 day work weeks, 7am-3pm days) right now an employee could do that if they really wanted to but they would get flack.

6. "Good Place"

Pros

Nice office environment and friendly people

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at all

7. "Sr. Consultant"

Pros

Good Pay and benefits. Was a contractor.

Cons

Management has their favorite employees.

8. "VCS took great care of their consultants and the leaders shared the profit. Service quality was very good"

I worked at Vitalize Consulting Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Talented Senior consultants; reasonable rates; profitable; empowered management to make decisions; no micro-management except by one Senior VP who was partial to certain people and unfair to others

Cons

It no longer exists since it was purchased by SAIC. They destroyed the culture and eliminated the people

Advice to Management

None since they no longer run the company

9. "A good opportunity that never got going"

Current Employee - Epic Consultant
    Current Employee - Epic Consultant

Pros

Competitive compensation, signing bonus and okay benefits. The recruiting process was easy, they did not request an in person interview.

Cons

Limited communication from managers, little visibility into the staffing process, virtual company spread out over the country allows for fewer networking opportunities.

Advice to Management

Allow more visibility into the staffing opportunities, empower consultants to be more active in participating in their own staffing.

10. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Vitalize Consulting Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays great, supportive management team, great continuing education resources, great internal knowledge base to rely on when you don't have all the answers on a project. Great travel benefits! Wonderful work environment and place to work!!!

Cons

Only downside is 80-100% as a consultant, but that's why we get paid well.

Advice to Management

Allow consultants to grow into higher level positions within organization. Also, possibly develop a formal mentoring program for those high quality consultants that have experience and exibit leadership qualitites.