KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Advertising

1y

a

Creative Director

Which staffing agency is better? City - Los Angeles, Industry - Media/Entertainment/marketing, Role - Designer Creative Circle 24seven Onward Search Vitamin T (Not looking for a job. Looking for temp support on a few projects.)

10 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vitamin T and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome company - flexibility!

Aug 19, 2019 - Talent Agent in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility for as needed work remote; manage own book/business

Cons

Company has a "try anything once" attitude and business model but sometimes lacks follow-through on the things that should stick.

Thank you for your feedback. Mark Brim President

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Doesn't always practice what they preach

Nov 23, 2021 - Recruiter/Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, great company culture, especially during 2020. Really took care of all employees during the pandemic (ie no layoffs) , and quickly adapted to WFH.

Cons

Pay is much lower than competitors, Very sales focused environment, where recruiters are second class in many cases, even though they are the drivers of productivity. Did not react to the "great resignation" -- lost countless talented individuals by not paying market value.

President

Admittedly, as difficult as it may be to hear someone's truth, when it's critical, I still appreciate the feedback. This past year we realized that there was an opportunity to increase our compensation for our recruiters and in July 2021 did just this. We introduced a new recruiter compensation plan that paid out 102% - 263% more in commissions while at their same level. Because we were already 7 months into the year, we made the new commission plan retroactive and compensated recruiters for those 7 months. Additionally, we established a year end bonus for Staff which yields additional compensation. We are in a performance-based environment and are constantly reviewing our compensation structure to remain competitive. Recruiters are equally important to any other role in our business even as my role as President. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to evaluate our compensation structure in the market. Thank you. Mark Brim President

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Experience Overall

Sep 14, 2021 - Talent Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Spent almost a decade with Vitamin T/Aquent- great benefits and supportive community of people that are willing to help, engage and see you succeed. I truly flourished as a recruiter and really enjoyed all my colleagues. I was provided with every tool and all the resources I needed to be successful. Worked with great clients, and loved every minute of supporting the creative and digital community. I built skills and experiences as a recruiter that I will continue to carry with me in my career. Built great relationships, the highs and the lows were foundational learning experiences that have shaped me as the recruiter I am today! The pros are vast and many- treasured every second working for this company! I highly encourage anyone considering a role with Vitamin T/Aquent to go for it! You will not be disappointed.

Cons

This is not to say that the company is not aware or working to improve comp discrepancies of deserving tenured employees. Before I departed, there was efforts made toward upward growth and leadership opportunities for all. In fact I am a firm believer in being your own advocate for growth so it is a partnership between employer and employee getting there. However, in my case, it was all a little too late. I did my part, went above and beyond for many years helping build a top market, so it was truly the biggest disappointment that I did not get to further pursue and develop in my role before another company came along to acknowledge my talent and offered to appropriately compensate me. I had more to give to the company and I saw many amazing and talented recruiters depart for similar reasons. The uphill battle on my end regarding comp was truly the only con in my experience. I still have a ton of respect, and still feel confident that the company is making the strides necessary to improve upon this.

President

Hello, First I want to thank you for the tremendous amount of time that you committed to Vitamin T/Aquent. It's unusual these days to find folks that would commit a decade of their lives to an organization. We realize this and appreciate you. With this said, it's disappointing that we were not able to retain you for another decade. The feedback you shared in regards to the areas that we could improve is duly noted. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you ever want to have a conversation about what we're doing with the feedback provided. After 10 years with the company, I would believe that you're well connected internally, but would still appreciate the opportunity to speak. Thank you, Mark Brim President

4. 3.0

Holistic Company, Good Work/Life Balance, Best for Recruiters 1-3 Years

Jul 31, 2021 - Agent in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

--Macbook is provided --Unlimited PTO - good overall benefits with CIGNA --Collaboration is encouraged --Mostly easy going and easy to work with teams --Good work/life balance

Cons

--Vitamin T leadership has embraced a more corporate leaning in the past 2 years, straying from its holisic principles and becoming more rigid --Commission structure for recruiters is abysmally low, compared to most agencies --Some promotions to management internally are not vetting people, in order to make sure they are ready to manage and lead --"Direct hire" perm team has a lot of given power to dive into any market and take a few best placements, and walk away and do the same to another market without account managing the client in the market, and taking any and all placements in the process --No exit interview was given (very odd) --Marketing is huge at VT, but recruiter productivity, and sales productivity is fast-shrinking --Many talent "get tons of emails weekly from marketing" but never get emailed, called, or connected to about job applications

1 person found this review helpful

President

We appreciate the feedback shared. The Pros that you mentioned are things that we continue to improve upon and thank you for sharing them publicly. Although your Cons sting a bit, I do realize that this was your experience and also appreciate that you've shared your experience publicly. I can assure you that the Cons provided are things that we're striving to improve upon every day. In fact, as the new President, my leadership approach is to improve in all of the areas that are mentioned as a Con. I do believe that we're solid in the Cons area but also am humble enough to know that there are tremendous improvements to be made in each of them. Again, this feedback is helpful in improving Vitamin T. Thank you, Mark Brim President

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Agent

Oct 5, 2018 - Agent in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office space is great, the management go above and beyond to be helpful, we're provided with awesome Macs and fantastic tech support, and every step along the way I've felt supported and comfortable . Also, the work/life balance is really fantastic. I truly look forward to coming into work every day.

Cons

We need more conference rooms and spaces for small teams to sit together!

1 person found this review helpful

President

EXCELLENT NEWS! This is that very same Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I really enjoyed sitting with your team and am thankful that you found it helpful :) I know that rooms are at a premium in our Boston office with so many people there, and I do believe they are working on expansion to create more spaces for teams to gather. If that doesn't happen soon, please let me know at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374. If there's ever anything more we can do to help, please let me know that, too! Thanks for your review!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Agent

Oct 23, 2016 - Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

- hawaii beach house - 5% 401K match - unlimited PTO - great stepping stone to get your foot in the door to one day be in a large agency or technology company

Cons

- no training for those who come from a different background (if you don't know what a developer does you're screwed) - you soon just become an "ORDER FILLER" - PTO is so lenient that many take advantage of this - set some regulations - LOTS of teams and locations DON'T GET ALONG and have hostile work environments - most people want to leave... - commission is a joke - if you're thinking you can make lucrative bonuses and commission, this isn't the agency for you (they will tell you this up front in the interview) - becomes stressful with clients reaching out to you at 8pm - not much work/life balance because you are expected to be on top of things at midnight

12 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and honestly, I really wish you'd reached out before deciding to leave :( For example, we actually have a LOT of training for people who don't come from the industry (including an entire training team), and while you were here, we had a dedicated staff member to actively help anyone who wants to learn about developers, at any time. I'm disappointed that you feel you were expected to be on top of things at midnight (and that you feel others want to leave and are taking advantage of PTO). I would very much appreciate an opportunity to talk to you about this to see if I can help, as this is not what we are hearing from our staff surveys. And finally, I'm not sure where the "1.8 million dollars in debt" comes from? That is simply not accurate. Again, I'd love your help to understand what happened while you were here, and you can reach me at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374, as I'll bet you know already :)

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

"MY" Experience

Sep 22, 2016 - Agent in West Hollywood, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited vacation, ELF Funds, Casual / Agency environment, Susie is AMAZING!

Cons

Management was never in office, very hard to grow with the company, not allowed to work remote.

President

HA! Thanks for the kind words (I hope you're referring to Susie Hall). Glad you liked the environment and sorry that we didn't have the right structure and growth opportunities to fit what you were looking for :( I hope wherever you landed you are happy, though, because I think you'll agree that everyone here wants that!! Really appreciate you taking the time to provide a review. If there's anything I can do, you know where to find me: shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

AMAZING Crew and Company

Mar 15, 2016 - Agent in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Strong relationships with coworkers, management, and other locations + Benefits package is STRONG (PTO, Health, the fun stuff) + Great talent (I get to stay creative through meeting awesome people) + Working with other markets in focus groups, training calls, and on-going learning is a great perk

Cons

This is a tough one! I would just say some of our technology is a bit out of date.

3 people found this review helpful

President

Thanks for the thoughtful review! Believe me, we're working every day to improve - and sounds like you may already be involved in targeted focus groups to enhance our processes and technology to make sure our staff and customers can grow :) If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know at 323 475 7374 or shall@vitamintalent.com.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee

Talent Agent

Mar 29, 2016 - Talent Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun, progressive, empowered, good pay

Cons

driven by numbers versus client/candidate experience

4 people found this review helpful

President

This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T. I'm disappointed to read that you felt we valued numbers over experience :( As you know, we have won Best of Staffing from Inavero for the past 3 years for both client AND talent experience, something we very much DO value. We also have a 110% guarantee on our service to ensure that if something does go wrong, we do everything we can to fix it - and that number is one that is unheard of in the staffing industry (and many other industries!). I wish you'd talked to me before leaving, but I appreciate your feedback regardless. If you'd like to share what you think we can improve, you know where to find me! shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374

10. 3.0

Worked as an Agent: Overall, Not a Bad Company

Mar 17, 2016 - Talent Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in staffing for quite some time, and this is by far the best place I've worked to date. The work/life balance is amazing, and the support you get is encouraging. Everyone is willing to help you, and everyone is willing to share responsibilities when needed. The environment feels like an advertising or PR agency, relaxed dress code and very open office feel. They even embrace things most companies frown upon like tattoos and piercings, which I have never seen at any company, but am completely happy about. Coaching and training is available in all areas of the job, and anything you need to be successful is right there for your convenience. Salaries are not too bad either, and having unlimited PTO is great. Management is very open and receptive to feedback and make changes as they feel necessary based on that feedback. Constant celebrations for birthdays, accomplishments and work anniversaries. The talent you work with make the job very rewarding too!

Cons

The job is SUPER demanding. If you're not good with time management and prioritizing, have a sense of urgency and the ability to be a self-starter without much hand holding, and if you suck at paying attention to detail, this job is not for you. Though the base pay can be amazing, the commission sucks, and even given the requirements and tasks of the job don't really reflect the work you do. I've made more commission in other staffing companies with less responsibilities. There's not much insight given to you around the requirements of the job during the interview process so it's honestly a shock to most how much is required and expected to be done by one person. Had I known everything required of agents, I would've negotiated a higher base pay because I'm definitely not being compensated what I feel I should be. The benefits aren't great, but they're not terrible. And if you request more than 25 days off out of the year, you're being lectured on productivity (but yet PTO is unlimited, right?) Clients are extremely difficult to work with, but that comes with the staffing industry so that really is no reflection upon Vitamin T. Some of the managers are micro-managers which also makes the job stressful, but that's also understood since the company is so numbers driven. The internal applicant tracking system is pretty bad too. It's proprietary, but it makes things that should be easy for agents EXTREMELY difficult. It can be a very tension and stress heavy environment when things aren't going well and numbers reflect that. A lot of the time, your day is consumed with everything else except actual recruiting and sourcing. No base pay raises... I had to leave because I wasn't making the money I felt I should've been making after almost 3 years of being with the company.

5 people found this review helpful

President

What a disappointing review to read :( This is Susie, and I bet you've read this here before, but I wish you had reached out with your feedback before you left us. If you're still open to it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve at 323 475 7374 or shall@vitamintalent.com. I am sorry that you felt penalized about time off or micromanaged. That is not how things should work here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews