KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Advertising

1y

a

Creative Director

Which staffing agency is better? City - Los Angeles, Industry - Media/Entertainment/marketing, Role - Designer Creative Circle 24seven Onward Search Vitamin T (Not looking for a job. Looking for temp support on a few projects.)

10 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vitamin T and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Loving it!

Apr 27, 2018 - Director of Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great extensive training program, everyone is ready and willing to help when needed. I feel like I have awesome resources and a great team to back me up when I need help! I'm really enjoying my time here and I look forward to a long career with this company.

Cons

I can see how it could be challenging if you have a more soft spoken personality to get lost in the shuffle. It's important to make sure you're consistently staying in the conversation - both internally and externally.

2 people found this review helpful

President

Way to speak up! :) This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I am so thankful for your feedback here. I, too, am looking forward to your long career here, and if there's anything we can do to provide more support to those less vocal or make sure we include all voices in the conversation, please let me know at 323 475 7374 or shall@vitamintalent.com. Thanks again!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Atlanta BDM

Jun 23, 2017 - Director of Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed working with the other employees. VT is separate from Aquent, but we all sat in the same office. My direct manager was and still is the best manager I have ever worked for. The office is located in the historic Biltmore and it's in Atlanta proper. The salary and commission structure were very good and work seemed to come in quickly. I had some health issues and I think that's what determined my fate with VT and I really wish it hadn't. I can honestly say working for Vitamin T was one of the best career experiences I have had. The training was sporadic, but decent. On a personal note, they had monthly calls with the CEO of the company and everyone REALLY enjoyed them! (Myself included) I loved working for VT and if I could go back, I would. The culture and environment of Vitamin T and Aquent was very relaxed and fun. Work hard/Play hard.

Cons

When I was on my way out, they started a new type of training and I really wish that was in place when I was there. VT is unlike any creative staffing firm and therefore their model is very different than most, so I do think there needs to be more training when it comes to their process.

3 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you so much for your response! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, talking head for those monthly calls, and I appreciate your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed working here and thank you for your feedback on our training. If you don't mind, I'd love any specifics we can improve for our training, and though I'm sure you know how to reach me, you can connect with me at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374. Thanks again!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I've ever worked.

Dec 21, 2015 - Director, Business Development in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are unbelievable. Culture is great. Management's enthusiasm and energy is refreshing! Everyone has such a great attitude and is available to help at the drop of a dime. I'm able to reach out to anyone and everyone in the company at anytime for help. I have the freedom to work my own book of business without having someone telling me how to create and maintain my relationships. All ears are open to new and fresh ideas and we are pushed to try new things. It's also nice to know that every time you have a small or big victory, it is recognized (I don't know even know how they find these things out). Company has great benefits and the best part of going to work everyday is knowing that VT truly cares about their clients and talent.

Cons

At the beginning, I felt that I was limited on resources for getting trained and ramped up - but soon after, I realized that all tools and resources were provided to me to learn at my own pace. You're somewhat drinking from the firehose at the beginning, but you'll realize that its just a downpour of unlimited resources at your disposal to get you up to speed.

4 people found this review helpful

President

This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T - THANK YOU for sharing your experience! I'm super excited that you're having a great experience and enjoy the same things I do here: The People! You'll be pleased to know we're working on both new hire training and career planning, and I'd love to hear your ideas, if you don't mind? Please contact me at 323 475 7374 or shall@vitamintalent.com. Thanks again!

4. 2.0

Room for Improvement and Growth

Mar 3, 2015 - Director of Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

-outstanding president who seems to truly care about her employees -continuing education benefits that are very accessible for people eager to grow and develop individually

Cons

-continuous and rough transitions due to turnover are not addressed and then individuals who are performing well are penalized without annual salary increases because of poor upper management and lack of office growth -upper management seems disinterested in the real problems and just want fake and perky all the time -very political in trying to move around internally. opportunities are blocked for top performers to keep them where they are at -high turnover on sales side because the bonus structure in quite low and upper management does not care to listen to any concerns -new hires in certain offices can be very unproductive and lazy but upper management plays favorites and ignores core issues and instead ignores the top performers -claims to want "everyone's feedback" but rarely asks the important questions that you would think a staffing company of this depth wants to know--are you happy? are you job hunting? -very horizontal structure so little to zero room for growth aside from the small quarterly bonuses that take almost a year to achieve anything substantial

8 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Off to a great start!

Jan 12, 2018 - Director, Business Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've nearly completed my 2nd month with Vitamin T and am loving it so far. The training program was extensive, setting me up to hit the ground running upon completion. The team and my boss foster a collaborative, supportive environment and we have a ton of opportunity in our market. The company also does a ton in each of the communities it operates in as well, which is fun to be a part of. Vitamin T's approach to building business is rooted in the core values of the company, which makes my job easy as well!

Cons

Not really any cons to speak of so far. There has been some change in the sales strategy throughout the organization, but that happens to all companies.

5 people found this review helpful

President

THANK YOU for your awesome review! This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm thrilled you're off to a great start. As you know, I sit in LA and would welcome any feedback as you progress here that will help you be just as satisfied 2 years from now as you are at 2 months. Thanks again! shall@vitamintalent.com 323 475 7374

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Hands down one of the best companies to work for!

Sep 11, 2015 - Director of Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company truly cares about your well being and is very adamant about not over working employees, which is a rarity in staffing. The metrics are beyond attainable and software and technology is always updated and user friendly. Pay is good and benefits are even better!

Cons

I can't really think of a company flaw, I've seen management flaws, but as a whole the company is run seamlessly. You definitely won't last though if you don't give it 100% though, and it takes a certain type to do that on a regular basis.

9 people found this review helpful

President

Really helpful feedback. I'd love to better understand how I can be involved with local teams in a way that is valued by everyone involved. If you're open to talking about that, please let me know - I really enjoy interacting with our entire organization, so I'm sure we can figure out a better way. Thank you! Susie shall@vitamintalent.com 323 475 7374

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Director of Business Development

Sep 11, 2015 - Director of Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is innovative and solves real business problems. I love working here because I truly believe Vitamin T has the best solutions when our clients are looking to hire creatives. The company structure is flat. I am able to communicate directly with top levels (President or VPs) whenever I need to. I also truly believe the company values what I bring to the table and that they have my best interest in mind.

Cons

Since the company is so spread out it can be difficult to move up in the company unless you are willing to move.

6 people found this review helpful

President

I love that you feel this way about our company! I also am a believer - we provide the best solutions because we have the best people (our staff and talent!) providing those solutions :) As for upward mobility, yes, we're local by nature and very flat so leadership opportunities are defined by geographies, but my hope is that we can find cool opportunities for everyone. I'm happy to talk to you and/or your manager about ways we can keep you challenged so you STAY HERE another 8+ years! Thank you for the review! Susie Hall shall@vitamintalent.com 323 475 7374

8. 5.0

Director, Business Development

Jul 21, 2015 - Director, Business Development in Astoria, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team-oriented environment, fantastic ability to assert your sales and leadership skills, extremely helpful and caring upper management, great training and ramp up time. Work Hard Play Hard environment Over all push via management is to grow which benefits each team member Values work-life balance

Cons

Like any Staffing Agency there are daily highs and lows but there is always an immense amount of team support!

9 people found this review helpful

President

Thanks a ton for sharing this! I know every day will not be perfect, but I am thrilled to see how supported you feel here :) After 16 years here at Aquent | Vitamin T, I still feel the very same way. If I can ever do anything to help, just let me know. Susie Hall, President, Vitamin T 323 475 7374 shall@vitamintalent.com

9. 5.0

Vitamin T - Switching Roles

Sep 20, 2016 - Director of Business Development in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started off with VT in June 2015 on the agent side (working solely with talent) in their NYC location. In September 2016 I was planning on moving to San Diego and we just so happen to have an office in SD! I was able to transfer within the company and am now on the Business Development side. I am very fortunate that my company wanted to consider me for the transfer and made the transition very seamless.

Cons

Structure can be a bit different in terms of office/location.

3 people found this review helpful

President

SO GLAD you are staying with us :) I won't share your name here, but I DO know who you are and you are going to rock it in San Diego! That is a super team and you will be a super addition. Thanks for your flexibility with our structure, and as always, I'd love to hear your feedback if there are ways we can make things better? You know where to find me: shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374. Thanks for the review!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working at Vitamin T

Aug 21, 2014 - Director Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great industry if you're into creative and marketing. Great offices. Friendly co-workers. Solid top-level management. I also have a great regional director. Good work-life balance, so long as you prioritize that for yourself. Great culture of supporting one another.

Cons

Staffing can have a negative connotation in the market. Staffing also is pretty demanding. I don't see this as a con, but more someone should be aware of if they do not have staffing experience. Upward mobility is limited.

4 people found this review helpful