Vitamin T Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Vitamin T CEO John Chuang
John Chuang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is also flexibility for employees which helps create a great work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• The culture is awesome and great benefits on multiple levels (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • In my experience so far I have no cons (in 8 reviews)

• Commission Structure is terrible, so if you're in a market that isn't doing well, you won't make any good money (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great organization to work with"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very organized
    Great benefits
    Stays engaged when you are placed

Cons

Have not run across a con yet

May 8, 2018 – President

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm always looking for ways we can improve, so if you DO run across ways we can be of more service... More

"Best 4.5 Years of My Life"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Vitamin T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Four and a half years ago I decided it was time to put down the entrepreneurial reigns and enter the corporate world. I didn’t know what I could learn or provide to any company as I walked into a bright colored office in Dallas for an interview. I was greeted by 4 or 5 of the most pleasant and energetic human beings I’d ever come across which immediately took away any fear, anxiety, and other preconceived notions I had of corporate America. About 3 weeks later, I walked in the same doors greeted by the same amazing individuals who believed and saw more potential in me than I did myself. It took me a while to learn the industry and to get ramped up but they all hung in there and kept believing in me and pushed me every day to become better and better at my craft. I was provided with the support, training, and encouragement to eventually not only become one of the top producers at one point, but also a more developed professional. I could have never imagined learning and gaining all of the personal and professional skills that I have today without this company. They empowered me with autonomy to make decisions at the local level of how to grow my book of business and never forced me to follow a process to create and maintain my client relationships. I don’t know of any other company out there that invests and trusts their employees more than Vitamin T and Aquent. Everyday was a challenge and not a day is boring, but you face and overcome the challenges as a team and boy is it satisfying to come out as winners. If you work hard and invest as much time and effort back into the company as they do you, you will succeed and be rewarded. It’s no surprise to see why so many people have been with this company for years. I enjoyed every minute that I had with VT and loved knowing that I was working for a company that cared for the talent as much as the clients and also had principles on how to conduct business. I had the most amazing and fulfilling career at Vitamin T. As I parted ways to change careers, VT was unbelievably supportive and wished me the best. If I ever returned back to staffing, I wouldn't do it for any other company. I'd like to give a very special Thank You to Susie, Sharon, and Lorrina for building an absolute dream environment and incredible company culture. I’d also like to mention some amazing individuals at the Dallas office who’ve given me some of the best memories and lessons in my life. Julee, Mike, Chrissy, George, and Paige...Thank You.

p.s. the benefits are amazing

Cons

Be prepared for changes that sometimes can seem unfavorable at the beginning, but change can also be looked at as a Pro because the company is forward thinking and always doing things to stay above the competition. Your voice is always heard here, so do not be afraid to voice your honest opinion and provide solutions as they encourage honest feedback and will not shade you for speaking your mind.

Advice to Management

Consider surveying the field (Agents/Account Services) prior to implementing changes to gain better insight as the industry and business is always changing. Maybe not even to deter change, but it's always good to hear first hand from the ones that will be affected by it the most.

"Loving it!"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great extensive training program, everyone is ready and willing to help when needed. I feel like I have awesome resources and a great team to back me up when I need help! I'm really enjoying my time here and I look forward to a long career with this company.

Cons

I can see how it could be challenging if you have a more soft spoken personality to get lost in the shuffle. It's important to make sure you're consistently staying in the conversation - both internally and externally.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love the innovations you're making and how the company has evolved even during my short time here. I see nothing but a bright future with and for this organization.

Apr 30, 2018 – President

Way to speak up! :) This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I am so thankful for your feedback here. I, too, am looking forward to your long career here, and if there's anything we can do to... More

"Sr Business Development Mgr"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Doing what I love: helping my creative friends find meaningful work. Working for an organization that truly cares for its people and talent. Great staff and exceptional talent.

Cons

We are very much an entrepreneurial company, which means that we are open to trying new strategies as an organization. This can sometimes create a challenge to focus, but it's also refreshing to work with a company that is wanting to constantly innovate.

Advice to Management

n/a

Apr 30, 2018 – President

WOO HOO! This is Susie, president of Vitamin T. Thanks so much for your kind words - and you are right, having been here almost 19 years myself, I realize that our pace of change can be a challenge... More

5. "Account Director"

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

Training that helps support each person succeed.

Cons

No cons for me here

Mar 12, 2018 – President

So glad you like our training programs! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm not sure how long you've been here BUT no matter, I'd like to keep the door open as you learn more for you to... More

"Off to a great start!"

Current Employee - Director, Business Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Business Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've nearly completed my 2nd month with Vitamin T and am loving it so far. The training program was extensive, setting me up to hit the ground running upon completion. The team and my boss foster a collaborative, supportive environment and we have a ton of opportunity in our market. The company also does a ton in each of the communities it operates in as well, which is fun to be a part of. Vitamin T's approach to building business is rooted in the core values of the company, which makes my job easy as well!

Cons

Not really any cons to speak of so far. There has been some change in the sales strategy throughout the organization, but that happens to all companies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great, supportive work for your employees. Continue to listen to your top performers and equip them to be successful.

Jan 13, 2018 – President

THANK YOU for your awesome review! This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm thrilled you're off to a great start. As you know, I sit in LA and would welcome any feedback as you progress... More

"Roll up your sleeves, and join the fun."

Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am excited to be part of such a company. After helping a few martech startups get acquired by driving accounts up market, I took a break because I wanted to find a home where I could sell and still be used to various capacities. I had a few offers, but Vitamin Talent seemed to provide a new martech building opportunity, with tenured leadership known for taking risk to align itself with company goals. It's been eight weeks, and I am very impressed by what I have learned from the industry, but also by how much I still need to learn...which I love.

Culture: Fun, family oriented, professional. Everyone from the agents to the directors seem sharp, but also human. Usually it's either corporate or a mess, but this company seemed to find a nice balance of both.

Leadership: Wise and tenured. It's important to see that most of leadership are people that have been at the company for some time. This gives me the hope of one day I being able to help develop others.

Money $$$ - Come ready to build a book of business. But first come ready to learn the offering and industry. This means it might take a while, but done right will reap benefits long term from what I see around me.

Worklife Balance: For the first time in 3 years, I get to come home at a decent time. Incredible that this company actually lives out this value, and is profitable.

Cons

Things change a lot. Super fast too. This for me is not a con as it's the nature of the beast for people coming from startups. But I can see how it affects some people at the company.

We also have a new CEO. Based on his tenure, he seems to be very strategic towards growth, so I know there are probably going to be a ton of other changes. It's exciting and scary for most of the office. At the same time, now is the perfect time to experience redirectional growth within a company. This can be shakey at times, so trust and focus on the mission of leadership is important.

For people considering coming here, consider this a 6 year old startup within a larger company with a lot of changes constantly happening. Come with a committed mind-set to not only sell staffing but to help out in other ways to grow the firm. It's crucial at places like this. I am slowly making this my home, as I am starting to see how this type of sale is like planting seeds and waiting for them to grow. Because of this feature in this type of sale, the best advice I would give to someone considering joining is: Come with the attitude to want to be utilized in multiple ways based on previous experience and talents. Sell and build relationships, but also get involved in account development, marketing, and strategy. Help build the company, not just the sale. Holism should pave the way towards success at this company.

Advice to Management

I believe there is a push for this already, but just as a reminder. There are a lot of great accounts, with missing opportunity. From my understanding leadership is working now on focusing on a few accounts, and really growing them, instead of tons of accounts in small bits and pieces. I have seen other companies do this successfully and saw the profits increase, but also the employee focus and efficiency. In my humble opinion, the company is heading in the right direction by doing this. It may take a little bit of time to yield the desired results, but continue to push this initiative considering the constraints of the competitive market and success should come.

Also Martech is the key to propel the company into new heights. Every company is seeking to hit it's quarterly goals, and Martech allows the creation of demand to help them do that. For a staffing company this means that we no longer have to wait for the need, we can create it. Considering where other staffing companies are at, we can be considered pioneers in this area. This is the perfect time to really drive this aspect of the company to every one of our clients.

Nov 21, 2017 – President

THANK YOU! This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm thrilled at your honesty, transparency and detail :) So glad to have you on the team! May your 8 weeks turn into 18 years like mine did... More

"Working with Vitamin T"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are a passionate team that really focuses on placing the right fit for both the company and the candidate. I enjoyed working with Julee and George. They kept me very well updated during the hiring process. I've used recruiters in the past who aren't even to the level Vitamin T is. It was a very smooth process and Julee and George were wonderful in keeping me updated during the steps from screening, interviewing and placement. I highly recommend Vitamin T to the creative professionals! George also pointed out a few items to me that I was unaware in which is to better me as a marketer and we were able to include those items into the new position!

Cons

I don't have any! They are great!

"Simply The Best"

Current Employee - Production Artist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Production Artist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the agents and staff are amazing with taking care of you. If I have ever had a problem or concern, they are always on the ball to help me. And the best part, they will bust their butts to get you a job. I was in my new location for less then 2 weeks and they had be working by the next. Everyone is so friendly and fun. I recommend them highly.

Cons

I have no cons to mention.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Oct 16, 2017 – President

Yippee!! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm super thankful for your review :) So glad you've had a terrific experience with our Dallas team - they are pretty wonderful! If there's ever... More

"Agent"

I worked at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

amazing culture, collaborative, competitive (in a good way)

Cons

create more of a career path for growth for recruiters and sales, teams seemed to be understaffed which creates a bit of chaos

Advice to Management

would love to see upper management more involved and a cap on time off that is still generous but doesn't allow people to take advantage. I kept feeling like I was being punished for other people on my team who were always taking tiem off and not in the office, when I wasnt ever reaping the benefits but just covering for them while they still got credit and money on stuff I was working on while they were out of office.

Sep 12, 2017 – President

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T (and since you worked here, I bet you expected this response!) I'd love to talk to you directly about your... More