KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Advertising

1y

a

Creative Director

Which staffing agency is better? City - Los Angeles, Industry - Media/Entertainment/marketing, Role - Designer Creative Circle 24seven Onward Search Vitamin T (Not looking for a job. Looking for temp support on a few projects.)

10 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vitamin T and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome company - flexibility!

Aug 19, 2019 - Talent Agent in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility for as needed work remote; manage own book/business

Cons

Company has a "try anything once" attitude and business model but sometimes lacks follow-through on the things that should stick.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Experience Overall

Sep 14, 2021 - Talent Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Spent almost a decade with Vitamin T/Aquent- great benefits and supportive community of people that are willing to help, engage and see you succeed. I truly flourished as a recruiter and really enjoyed all my colleagues. I was provided with every tool and all the resources I needed to be successful. Worked with great clients, and loved every minute of supporting the creative and digital community. I built skills and experiences as a recruiter that I will continue to carry with me in my career. Built great relationships, the highs and the lows were foundational learning experiences that have shaped me as the recruiter I am today! The pros are vast and many- treasured every second working for this company! I highly encourage anyone considering a role with Vitamin T/Aquent to go for it! You will not be disappointed.

Cons

This is not to say that the company is not aware or working to improve comp discrepancies of deserving tenured employees. Before I departed, there was efforts made toward upward growth and leadership opportunities for all. In fact I am a firm believer in being your own advocate for growth so it is a partnership between employer and employee getting there. However, in my case, it was all a little too late. I did my part, went above and beyond for many years helping build a top market, so it was truly the biggest disappointment that I did not get to further pursue and develop in my role before another company came along to acknowledge my talent and offered to appropriately compensate me. I had more to give to the company and I saw many amazing and talented recruiters depart for similar reasons. The uphill battle on my end regarding comp was truly the only con in my experience. I still have a ton of respect, and still feel confident that the company is making the strides necessary to improve upon this.

President

Hello, First I want to thank you for the tremendous amount of time that you committed to Vitamin T/Aquent. It's unusual these days to find folks that would commit a decade of their lives to an organization. We realize this and appreciate you. With this said, it's disappointing that we were not able to retain you for another decade. The feedback you shared in regards to the areas that we could improve is duly noted. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you ever want to have a conversation about what we're doing with the feedback provided. After 10 years with the company, I would believe that you're well connected internally, but would still appreciate the opportunity to speak. Thank you, Mark Brim

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Talent Agent

Mar 29, 2016 - Talent Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun, progressive, empowered, good pay

Cons

driven by numbers versus client/candidate experience

4 people found this review helpful

President

This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T. I'm disappointed to read that you felt we valued numbers over experience :( As you know, we have won Best of Staffing from Inavero for the past 3 years for both client AND talent experience, something we very much DO value. We also have a 110% guarantee on our service to ensure that if something does go wrong, we do everything we can to fix it - and that number is one that is unheard of in the staffing industry (and many other industries!). I wish you'd talked to me before leaving, but I appreciate your feedback regardless. If you'd like to share what you think we can improve, you know where to find me! shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worked as an Agent: Overall, Not a Bad Company

Mar 17, 2016 - Talent Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in staffing for quite some time, and this is by far the best place I've worked to date. The work/life balance is amazing, and the support you get is encouraging. Everyone is willing to help you, and everyone is willing to share responsibilities when needed. The environment feels like an advertising or PR agency, relaxed dress code and very open office feel. They even embrace things most companies frown upon like tattoos and piercings, which I have never seen at any company, but am completely happy about. Coaching and training is available in all areas of the job, and anything you need to be successful is right there for your convenience. Salaries are not too bad either, and having unlimited PTO is great. Management is very open and receptive to feedback and make changes as they feel necessary based on that feedback. Constant celebrations for birthdays, accomplishments and work anniversaries. The talent you work with make the job very rewarding too!

Cons

The job is SUPER demanding. If you're not good with time management and prioritizing, have a sense of urgency and the ability to be a self-starter without much hand holding, and if you suck at paying attention to detail, this job is not for you. Though the base pay can be amazing, the commission sucks, and even given the requirements and tasks of the job don't really reflect the work you do. I've made more commission in other staffing companies with less responsibilities. There's not much insight given to you around the requirements of the job during the interview process so it's honestly a shock to most how much is required and expected to be done by one person. Had I known everything required of agents, I would've negotiated a higher base pay because I'm definitely not being compensated what I feel I should be. The benefits aren't great, but they're not terrible. And if you request more than 25 days off out of the year, you're being lectured on productivity (but yet PTO is unlimited, right?) Clients are extremely difficult to work with, but that comes with the staffing industry so that really is no reflection upon Vitamin T. Some of the managers are micro-managers which also makes the job stressful, but that's also understood since the company is so numbers driven. The internal applicant tracking system is pretty bad too. It's proprietary, but it makes things that should be easy for agents EXTREMELY difficult. It can be a very tension and stress heavy environment when things aren't going well and numbers reflect that. A lot of the time, your day is consumed with everything else except actual recruiting and sourcing. No base pay raises... I had to leave because I wasn't making the money I felt I should've been making after almost 3 years of being with the company.

5 people found this review helpful

President

What a disappointing review to read :( This is Susie, and I bet you've read this here before, but I wish you had reached out with your feedback before you left us. If you're still open to it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve at 323 475 7374 or shall@vitamintalent.com. I am sorry that you felt penalized about time off or micromanaged. That is not how things should work here.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Just a bunch of AWESOMENESS!

Dec 21, 2015 - Talent Agent in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Before coming to work at Vitamin T, I spent last years working in a very corporate environment and was scrutinized for all that I didn't do, rather than giving the recognition and reinforcement for all that I did do. It's nice that you're given the autonomy to work a full-desk (working with client and talent at the same time), and that you are trusted as an employee to make the right decision. Great benefits including a no-limit vacation policy (as long as you're doing your job) and ability to work remote should a little life emergency creeps up. When you are successful, the whole team shares and celebrates! Very casual yet accountable work environment.

Cons

I really can't think of one thing that I would mention here. If I had something to mention, is learning how to become deeper involved within the company.

4 people found this review helpful

President

Ha! This is Susie :) My energy comes from the amazing people like you that I get to interact with here every single day! Thanks so much for sharing your experience here, and I'd love to hear any ideas you have for connecting the company in a deeper way. After 16 years here, I've been lucky to be part of lots of cross-functional teams - maybe that's a way to connect our organization today? Let me know what you think at 323 475 7374 or shall@vitamintalent.com. Thank you!

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Decent place to work

Nov 12, 2015 - Talent Agent in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lot's of freedom in job

Cons

structure needs to be improved

President

Hello there! It's Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T and I'd love to know what we can do to improve our structure! Do you mean our org chart or how we work or how we service our customers? Please reach out to me directly at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374. I have questions :)

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Extra Awesome Sauce

Sep 11, 2015 - Talent Agent in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like working at Vitamin T for a (perhaps) unusual reason: we're unusually realistic. We understand the creative space deeply, so we're able to extend this knowledge and experience in a most honest and effective manner to both the creative talent and the creative clients within said space. Allow me to explain: you're an agency and you need a designer last minute, but you're also on a budget? (Who isn't?!) We'll talk about it...realistically. We'll do that crazy antiquated thing: we'll pick up the phone and call you directly. We'll talk about the things that are affecting your business both positively and negatively. We'll explain the imperativeness of fair market rates for our talent, as well as both the availability and willingness of our talent to jump in on a project last minute. We'll talk about the tiniest details of your project, because we want to match you with talent who can get your job done well, on-time, and most cost effectively. Realistic, right? We're true advocates for our talent, while also understanding the (competitive) reality of agency life. Sure, we have fun branding with zombies and robots, but that's a reflection of our dedication to living well, and happily so! We are dedicated to working hard to keep our clients' projects moving along without a hitch, and we're ultimately passionate about keeping our talent working - and creatively fulfilled - with exciting new brands and companies to build up their portfolios!

Cons

If you don't like ice cream cake, balloons, and weekly mini-celebrations for the awesome contribution you make to your team, you need not apply.

8 people found this review helpful

President

WOW! This review made me smile - and LOL ;) Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and believe me, I promise to keep sending those encouraging props & shout outs - it's one of my favorite parts of my job! And I genuinely think our team is amazing. If there's ever anything more I can do, I'm here! shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Talent Agent - Vitamin T - NYC

Sep 11, 2015 - Talent Agent in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance -- Vitamin T allows you to essentially be your own boss in a way. At the end of the day, you are responsible for the current roles you are working on and if you have everything in place, then that allows you to take extra time off when needed. Management -- Upper Management is great! They are always readily available and are very down to earth. They are not micro-managing / on top of you, more so they check in to make sure you are happy. There are also a ton of training programs and videos to keep us up-to-date on changes and what is new in the market. Culture -- I have been recruiting for the past 3 years and this is my third staffing agency I have worked at and this is by far the best culture fit for me. Vitamin T allows you to be who you truly are and does not have that corporate feel. The work setting is very open, everyone is able to talk with each other and it makes you feel more relaxed then stressed out in a tall cubicle. Opportunities Within -- Vitamin T really likes to maintain the employees they currently have. They are always forwarding opportunities within the organization that people can apply to which is great! I love knowing about this because if I ever wanted to change paths within the organization, I know that is possible. Tons of room for growth!

Cons

Always Changing -- if you are a person that likes things staying the way they are, this might not be the best place for you. There are always new programs being introduced, new areas of business being presented and even the office culture can change.

6 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you!! This feedback is terrific, and I'm thrilled you've found a place that fits for you RIGHT HERE at Vitamin T! I look forward to celebrating your 16th anniversary (as I just did mine) - it goes faster than you think. Thanks for the thoughts about change as well. If we can do anything to make change EASIER or better, I'm all ears. Many many thanks! Susie shall@vitamintalent.com 323 475 7374

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Agent

Aug 19, 2015 - Talent Agent in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, great support from management, great work-life balance. Everyone from your colleagues to your manager to the President of the company go out of their way to recognize your hard work and accomplishments - this is always done in a very personal way that doesn't come with other companies. Very happy here :)

Cons

I truly can't think of anything.

9 people found this review helpful

President

So glad to hear that you're happy :) I'm Susie Hall, president of VT (bet you knew that already), and I'm here to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Glassdoor! If there's ever anything more I can do to help make Vitamin T a great place to work, please share. 323 475 7374 shall@vitamintalent.com

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I've ever worked!

May 7, 2015 - VT Talent Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

-PTO policy is the best of the best. Get your work done and you can take off whenever you need to. Clearly, this requires communication with your team, but I've never had to stress about taking time off! -Great, positive team of leaders! Seriously- these people are so passionate about what they do. When you work for a company that cares about the work they do and the kind of things they put out into the world, great things happen. It's easy to catch a vision for what the team is trying to accomplish and people genuinely want to help others get jobs and achieve success. They are also super hands-on. I was interviewed by the President before I started. I've never heard of any other company that does that! -Open communication- Obviously regional and local teams all differ, but my experience has been that my team is just that- a TEAM. We have each others backs, there's no drama and when things don't turn out the best, we work together to make it better. Any negative reviews on here about this company can probably go back to personal experiences and people handling situations differently. But by and large, people at Vitamin T LOVE their jobs... I've literally never heard another employee complain about the company itself. -You get to meet awesome local talent. Who doesn't love making new friends? I'm on the agent side and I've never met more people in one year! My network has grown tenfold and I feel like I'm making a difference in people's lives. What's better than that!? -Pay is great! Depending on what market you work in, your bonuses could be pretty high. We are primarily salaried, but getting that quarterly check is always a great reminded of why we do what we do. They don't try and lowball you here... and raises are generous depending on your work. -HONESTY- I also love that we dont have to be cut throat to make a living in recruiting. The company is looking out for the talent and the clients at all times. Business is business, but we always try to do the right thing... no matter what. I've never felt that the company has cut corners in order to make money. -Continuous learning is valued here! VT offers almost $10k a year in continuous learning! If you want to grow personally and professionally, this is a great company to work for.

Cons

Like every job, you're going to have ups and downs. But having worked for a lot of different companies, I can tell you that VT does it the right way. They care about others, are transparent in their communications, value learning and growth and pay people what they're worth. HIGHLY recommend working with them either internally or on the talent side.

13 people found this review helpful

President

YAY! Thank you so much for posting this, and I'm thrilled that you're having a wonderful experience here at Vitamin T :) If there's anything we can be doing to improve, don't hesitate to let me know! Susie 323 475 7374 shall@vitamintalent.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews