KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Vitamin T

Is this your company?

Vitamin T

Add a Review

Vitamin T Employee Reviews about "aquent"

Updated Dec 17, 2020

Found 9 of over 220 reviews

4.2
Vitamin T CEO John Chuang
John Chuang
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is pretty good(in 26 reviews)

• "Salaries are not too bad either, and having unlimited PTO is great(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Aquent attracts a lot of highly skilled talent(in 9 reviews)

• "Commission Structure is terrible, so if you're in a market that isn't doing well, you won't make any good money(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

What people are saying about Vitamin T

Join the conversation on

Advertising

1y

a

Creative Director

Which staffing agency is better? City - Los Angeles, Industry - Media/Entertainment/marketing, Role - Designer Creative Circle 24seven Onward Search Vitamin T (Not looking for a job. Looking for temp support on a few projects.)

10 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vitamin T and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "aquent"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Company Ever!!

Dec 17, 2020 - Senior Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Real work/life balance!! Leadership team that listens to employees and makes changes based on employee needs!! Fantastic customers!! Fantastic talent!!

Cons

There have been no "cons" for me. My experience working for Vitamin T/Aquent has been nothing but wonderful.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Marketing team AT Vitamin T? Don't do it.

Jan 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule, benefits package including 401k match

Cons

-Starting at the end of 2014 they decided to eliminate the majority of their marketing department. Talented individuals with fresh ideas and admirable work ethic were let go because the company decided that a marketing focus wasn't a top priority anymore. It is comical to see that team being built again knowing how many times they have done this over many years. My advice - if you work in marketing and have an offer with Vitamin T (Aquent), do not take the job. There are better opportunities out there that will invest in YOU and your professional growth. -Senior management plays an active roll in everything marketing related and will act as a subject matter expert in areas where they shouldn't. If you're looking to bring a fresh approach to this company, this is not the place for you. That may last for a couple months but you'll eventually be an order taker.

15 people found this review helpful

President

This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm very disappointed to read this. As a point of clarification, the Vitamin T marketing team has remained almost exactly the same size since 2012. We've had a copywriter (who has been with the company for 20 years), a marketing manager, and a social media specialist dedicated to our brand. So I'm not sure where your data is coming from? We have definitely utilized both internal and external design and additional copy resources, but then we are a creative talent agency, so that is likely not surprising. We have also worked with brand-shared resources with Aquent, in Boston and other cities, and the overall size of that marketing team has fluctuated over our 30 years in business. I would encourage anyone reading your review to contact me directly with questions about Vitamin T marketing, as I have built and managed our team since launch in 2011: shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374. I'm sorry that your personal experience here made you feel like an "order taker", and I'm of course happy to talk to you as well about ways we can improve the experience for others.

3. 1.0
      Former Contractor

Don't use; disorganized, overwhelmed, won't call back

Jun 25, 2016 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and outgoing on the surface

Cons

I've been up for a few roles with Vitamin T and was told I was a great candidate. I was told they were shopping my resume around, and that I'd have an interview "next week" then no response. I emailed a few times, sent message through LinkedIn, made a phone call, asking about progress and no response back. Highly unprofessional. Don't worry about hurting an employee's or potential candidate's feelings; have the decency to call or email back "hey, they weren't interested". Aquent is the parent company, and although I've had *some* good experiences with them, they are unsuccessfully trying to start a Vitamin T office in Richmond, VA so they can get more jobs with tech companies.If they keep doing this, they won't succeed in getting talent or contracts with tech companies. Recruiters don't understand the tech background of the candidates. You're better off going with an IT or tech recruiting firm if you're looking for a web, digital or IT job. Avoid Vitamin T.

1 person found this review helpful

President

Hello there! I'm Susie Hall, the president of Vitamin T, and I'm disappointed to read your review... I'm not sure which market or team you've worked with, but I'd love to know more so that I can help. Please contact me directly at 323 475 7374 or shall@vitamintalent.com. We pride ourselves on customer service and have won Best in Staffing talent and client awards from Inavero for top service for multiple consecutive years. I hope we can help fix this situation, too!

4. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Life As An Aquent Freelancer

Mar 27, 2016 - Frontend Developer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aquent jobs are with top name brand companies, or with innovative startups working on disruptive technologies. In every one of my assignments with Aquent, I got to work with top people, at great companies and learned a lot from the experience. And yes, I am currently engaged in an Aquent assignment where I am doing my best work yet.

Cons

The competition for these opportunities is tough. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t make the cut on your first try. Aquent attracts a lot of highly skilled talent.

1 person found this review helpful

President

This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm really thankful for your candid feedback and suggestions! I totally agree with you regarding honest (even if tough) feedback being the right way to help someone improve. If there's ever anything more WE can do to improve, please contact me at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374. Thanks again!

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poorly run company

May 2, 2015 - Graphic Designer in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good introduction to several companies if you are new in the field.

Cons

They do not look out for the worker's interests. I worked for them under their previous two company names -- MacTemps and Aquent. Somehow I was placed on a "Do Not Hire" list even though many of the companies I worked for requested me by name. When I tried multiple times to get an explanation from their main office and left many voice mail messages, the HR department refuses to return my calls.

20 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lots of opportunity, if you work hard and stay innovative.

Aug 19, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The President is extremely motivating and smart. She helps staff find new roles within the company that help them grow and develop new skills. They are open to staff making recommendation to processes, marketing and innovative ways to stay relevant to clients and talent. It's a staffing company. Like any business they need to make money and the Agents and Sales folks are expected to meet numbers, ramp up quickly, but it's not unreasonable.

Cons

There can be confusion between the Aquent and Vitamin T brands for clients who don't understand why it's necessary. Turn over (as at any staffing company) is high when there are any changes in direction or management. It's hard to find good Agents who have a solid understanding of both creative and staffing.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great experience - but be prepared to bring your A game

Apr 5, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-I've been really impressed with how much they care about their talent, each other, and their clients. Not every staffing agency makes a huge effort to "wow" their clients, act as career advocates for their talent, or invest as much energy and resources into growing their internal employees. -Open-door policy with management. If you have an idea, a suggestion, a problem, even the top level of management is accessible and open to hearing it. -Super fast turnaround times to service clients AND talent are part of the culture and it goes a long way. You can be successful pretty quickly here, build loyal partnerships with clients and with talent. If you've never worked super fast, you'll learn to here. You will be amazed at your own growth. -There is a lot of work here; you'll never be bored. If you're not on top of things, you can easily fall behind, so if you work here, you'll become a pro with prioritization and having a laser focus to keep many things running at the same time. Really positive place to grow professionally. -Work-life balance. Unlimited vacation time. -Fair compensation. -Top notch health benefits and 401k plan.

Cons

-Client list could improve. They have some good ones, but Vitamin T is a division of a much larger company (Aquent, which serves the Fortune 500 brands), so some of the clients are "challenger brands" or companies that neither you nor your talent have heard of. Clients can be hit-or-miss. -If you're an agent, you have a lot more work on your plate than your sales counterpart (in my opinion). That got a little old after a while.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Vitamin T will burn you out..

Oct 12, 2012 - Recruiter/Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent work-life balance and you don't have to work past 5pm- Ability to be an develop your own style-clients and talent pool Relaxed, casual environment Happy Hour in the office

Cons

One week of training about the corporate culture and how to use the database-Branding is big as VT is a division of Aquent-but wants to be seen as an 'Agency'-cool and funky, but alas is all under the Aquent umbrella. You will be given training and let lose to 'fill orders'-6-9 months later you will be told it is all wrong and if you don't make your Full Time numbers for placement you will be fired. Working under the gun with no direction of 'how' to fullfill Full Time roles will stress you out. Word to the wise is VT DOES NOT offer Direct Hire, however your numbers are based on full time employment. The model does now work and you will make NOTHING in commission as designers do not want short term gigs. Turing away Direct Hire roles is a huge mistake for the company. VT only works small companies and you are limited to who you can work with as the large clients with all the money are property of Aquent and the recruters there. The orders are not distributed to all agents-you will have an area of 'expertise' and those roles go to you. If you are an expert in Graphic Design, you can fill roles, UX expert, good luck! Each week you go over numbers, but not how to get them up, except for 'fill more orders', bring in more talent. MUST be an Entrepreneur-if not you will fail at this role. Not for the faint of heart or those who think they can be a matchmaker. Turn over is HUGE as VT is only about 1.6 years old now. Individuals who worked for Aquent for years and came to the VT side have bailed and are at competing agencies-and happy OH There is NO advancement in Vitamin T. You are an Agent or Business Development. No Senior titles, continuing education, etc... Maybe if you are friendly with your Manager and have been with the comapny 10 years they may call you Sr.

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Current Employee

Sad to say an overall Terrible Experience

May 16, 2012 - Recruiter/Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

I wish I had more positive things to say, since I went in with high hopes after their sales pitch-like interview process. One thing to mention is that no matter how they spin it, Vitamin T is a Division within Aquent. Vitamin T is NOT a standalone company or even a spin. All Aquent corporate policies, rules, guidelines and paperwork are a part of Vitamin T. There are no Vitamin T offices...you work in an Aquent office. This is a positive thing, since Aquent seems more stable and filled with better people. Generally GOOD people. The same can't be said for Vitamin T. One plus to note is that your base salary will be higher than a lot of staffing firms out there. This is because despite what you are told in the interview process, your bonuses will be next to nothing. You may never have to work late at Vitamin T, but on the times that you do, it literally has no affect on your commission. Commission-wise you'll make more with one direct hire fill at another staffing firm then you will here in 6 months and that is NOT an exaggeration.

Cons

This review is more of a TAKE CAUTION notice. If you are put on a certain "team" (based on location) within Vitamin T, your experience will be a nightmare. Easily the worst managment I've ever seen. You will receive almost zero supervision, support, coaching and even direct contact with this manager. You will be forced to learn on your own and then two months later will be told that everything you've learned on your own, is wrong. The worst part then is that you won't be told or supported in how to fix this, you'll just continue to be told that it's wrong. The turnover rate on this team alone is 50% and climbing. Take great caution...I wouldn't wish my experiences as part of this "team" on anyone. Vitamin T has gone to great lengths to brand themselves with an "agency" feel and look. But that is exactly what it is...a look. No matter what they say, Vitamin T is a division within a very large corporation (Aquent). And with that come all the normal policies and procedures that go along with working for a large corporation. The unlimited vacation policy looks great on paper, but is worthless if you're afraid to use it. Overall, hands down the most unprofessional experience I've ever encountered in far too many ways to list here.

6 people found this review helpful