KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Vitamin T

Is this your company?

Vitamin T

Add a Review

Vitamin T Employee Reviews about "unlimited pto"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 7 of over 215 reviews

4.2
Vitamin T CEO John Chuang
John Chuang
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is pretty good(in 26 reviews)

• "Salaries are not too bad either, and having unlimited PTO is great(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Aquent attracts a lot of highly skilled talent(in 9 reviews)

• "Commission Structure is terrible, so if you're in a market that isn't doing well, you won't make any good money(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vitamin T and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "unlimited pto"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Innovative and Creative Staffing Agency

Oct 15, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Full Benefits -Great Clients -Annual tuition and conference reimbursement -Solid and comprehendible initial week-long training -All Apple/Mac everything, and every employee gets an apple laptop -Friendly Culture and less turnover than most other staffing agencies -Smart and approachable upper management -Genuinely understands the importance of the creative/digital space and succeeds in keeping up with current industry trends -Company beach houses in FL and HI available to employees -Good work/life balance -Unlimited PTO -Always opportunities for leadership and training -Entrepreneurial almost start-up mentality means things change more often than they might at other agencies - if you see this as a con, than it may not be the right place for you!

Cons

-The base salary is higher than average, but the commission structure is lower and it can be difficult to make the substantial amount you might working for a competitor

5 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0

Great until it isn't.

Jan 20, 2021 - Creative Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Work, Large Internal Database, Unlimited PTO

Cons

No room to grow, promotions limited, territories affect personal business growth.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Joke of a commission structure, but great work/life balance

Dec 29, 2020 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You’re supplied with a MacBook - Work/life balance is pretty good - Unlimited PTO - Colleagues who are collaborative - 401k matching - Great for recruiters just starting

Cons

- Commission structure is a joke. You get quarterly bonuses that don’t amount to much even if you’re a top performer - Power hungry young managers who play favorites and make it apparent for who gets which orders/best clients - Extremely high metrics focused on FTEs vs. GP, which at the end of the day doesn’t make sense in terms of overall profit - Unlimited PTO is abused by many and the team favorites usually are able to take more than anyone else without getting shamed - Pre-COVID work from home was rarely allowed, but again favorites were granted days they could work from home, but no one else on the same team (despite good/high performance) - No formal exit interview (how?!)

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0

Great Place To Work, But Not Forever - Business Development Manager

Mar 23, 2017 - Director of Business Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO - AMAZING! Flexible work/life balance - they are extremely understanding of emergencies and illness. I love how my manager didn't make me feel guilty for needing to take time off. And I worked from home one day per week! Hawaii Beach House Relaxed dress code - I wore leggings and sneakers to work every day except when I had client meetings. Decent benefits Tuition Reimbursement of up to $8K per year

Cons

Vitamin T is EXTREMELY metrics and numbers driven... as expected because it's a staffing agency, right? WRONG! Vitamin T tracks how many connects you make with contacts you call and how many orders you bring in per week. Most staffing companies care about your activity numbers. Though both of these are important metrics to track, realistically, the expectations are stupid. I don't have control over who answers the phone when I call... I can only control how many people I reach out to. I can call the same person 5 times and never get an answer, but I don't get credit for that because that's not what they're holding me accountable for. Again... STUPID. I get the cause and effect of it where one breeds the results of the other, but you should hold people accountable for metrics they actually can control. I also think it's stupid to track FTEs and not gross profit. Why are you so focused on how many hours and people are out working instead of being more worried about how much money they're bringing the company? Again... stupid. I got put on a performance plan for FOUR WEEKS because I wasn't hitting 50 connects and putting in 5 orders per week. Not only was the performance plan STUPID, but FOUR WEEKS? That's it? They should've just fired me then because it's not possible for any sales person in this organization to be able to hit certain metrics in such a short amount of time with no leadership or direction. To ask your manager to help introduce you to contacts and old connections they have in their network and to be told that there isn't any in a metro city is just absurd. What was my activity you ask? Well... EXTREMELY high since the expectations were extremely unrealistic. Yet, was I ever praised for making 500 calls in a week? Nope. Just condemned for NOT bringing in 5 orders and connecting with 50 people. Talk about undervalued. It's a revolving door around here for employees because of management expectations. I've never been in a company that held you accountable for metrics they weren't trying to help you reach. And let's not forget some other cons: Commission Structure is terrible, so if you're in a market that isn't doing well, you won't make any good money. Clique-y. It's all about friendships and relationships. Management will look out for you if you're their friend, but if you have no working or personal relationship with the manager, you can forget about them trying to help you. Privileges and incentives are given to friends of managers, not everyone else, so you can bet that you'll be promoted if you and the manager go out every Friday over the person who is actually the TOP performer on the team. Management will make up lies about you in WRITING and send them to HR. Managers who are in management shouldn't be. A lot of them use their own biased in the job that not only leads to neglect of employees, but a lack of investment in their growth. Company is more focused on the quantity of EVERYTHING than the quality. You will have meetings everyday talking about the same things. Your manager will ask what orders are coming in for that DAY, and you better have an answer ready. And if you don't have any to mention, he/she won't provide any suggestions or interject themselves in the process to help you hit your goals. Tenure is more important than ability, skills and production. If you're new and not producing, you'll be fired before the person who's been there for 5 years and hasn't produced. And they'll put the worst possible people in management and senior positions to train and then ask questions as to why the market isn't performing. Well... your management choice has a lot to do with that, Vitamin T. Most of the managers and senior level folks in the company input things in the system for the sake of having a number calculated, but won't ACTUALLY have done the work. I have friends who still work for Vitamin T who have so many complaints about the managers and the expectations. My advice... if you're in sales and looking to be successful, Vitamin T isn't the place. Trust me.

14 people found this review helpful

President

Very disappointed to read this. This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T (likely you expected my response since you worked here!), and I genuinely wish you had reached out directly before you left. First of all, thank you for acknowledging the perks of working here - my favorite perk is the the people we get to work with here (another reason for my disappointment at your experience). I also know you've heard me say this before, but the more we reach out, the more opportunity we identify, which is why contacting customers is so important. That said, I hope you also heard me say it is NOT about hitting a number. We are here to HELP PEOPLE, and the more people we connect with, the more opportunities we have to do just that. And that is why, yes, we use metrics (as most companies do). I'm sure you realize this, but GP is remarkably important, so that we can continue to invest in our company and help even more people connect - and FTEs are one way to achieve that. Again, surely nothing you didn't hear while you were here. Regardless, I'm sorry your experience here was not ideal for you, and I am more than happy to talk to you (or any of your friends who have concerns) if you'd like at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374.

5. 3.0

Agent

Oct 23, 2016 - Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

- hawaii beach house - 5% 401K match - unlimited PTO - great stepping stone to get your foot in the door to one day be in a large agency or technology company

Cons

- no training for those who come from a different background (if you don't know what a developer does you're screwed) - you soon just become an "ORDER FILLER" - PTO is so lenient that many take advantage of this - set some regulations - LOTS of teams and locations DON'T GET ALONG and have hostile work environments - most people want to leave... - commission is a joke - if you're thinking you can make lucrative bonuses and commission, this isn't the agency for you (they will tell you this up front in the interview) - becomes stressful with clients reaching out to you at 8pm - not much work/life balance because you are expected to be on top of things at midnight

12 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and honestly, I really wish you'd reached out before deciding to leave :( For example, we actually have a LOT of training for people who don't come from the industry (including an entire training team), and while you were here, we had a dedicated staff member to actively help anyone who wants to learn about developers, at any time. I'm disappointed that you feel you were expected to be on top of things at midnight (and that you feel others want to leave and are taking advantage of PTO). I would very much appreciate an opportunity to talk to you about this to see if I can help, as this is not what we are hearing from our staff surveys. And finally, I'm not sure where the "1.8 million dollars in debt" comes from? That is simply not accurate. Again, I'd love your help to understand what happened while you were here, and you can reach me at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374, as I'll bet you know already :)

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worked as an Agent: Overall, Not a Bad Company

Mar 17, 2016 - Talent Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in staffing for quite some time, and this is by far the best place I've worked to date. The work/life balance is amazing, and the support you get is encouraging. Everyone is willing to help you, and everyone is willing to share responsibilities when needed. The environment feels like an advertising or PR agency, relaxed dress code and very open office feel. They even embrace things most companies frown upon like tattoos and piercings, which I have never seen at any company, but am completely happy about. Coaching and training is available in all areas of the job, and anything you need to be successful is right there for your convenience. Salaries are not too bad either, and having unlimited PTO is great. Management is very open and receptive to feedback and make changes as they feel necessary based on that feedback. Constant celebrations for birthdays, accomplishments and work anniversaries. The talent you work with make the job very rewarding too!

Cons

The job is SUPER demanding. If you're not good with time management and prioritizing, have a sense of urgency and the ability to be a self-starter without much hand holding, and if you suck at paying attention to detail, this job is not for you. Though the base pay can be amazing, the commission sucks, and even given the requirements and tasks of the job don't really reflect the work you do. I've made more commission in other staffing companies with less responsibilities. There's not much insight given to you around the requirements of the job during the interview process so it's honestly a shock to most how much is required and expected to be done by one person. Had I known everything required of agents, I would've negotiated a higher base pay because I'm definitely not being compensated what I feel I should be. The benefits aren't great, but they're not terrible. And if you request more than 25 days off out of the year, you're being lectured on productivity (but yet PTO is unlimited, right?) Clients are extremely difficult to work with, but that comes with the staffing industry so that really is no reflection upon Vitamin T. Some of the managers are micro-managers which also makes the job stressful, but that's also understood since the company is so numbers driven. The internal applicant tracking system is pretty bad too. It's proprietary, but it makes things that should be easy for agents EXTREMELY difficult. It can be a very tension and stress heavy environment when things aren't going well and numbers reflect that. A lot of the time, your day is consumed with everything else except actual recruiting and sourcing. No base pay raises... I had to leave because I wasn't making the money I felt I should've been making after almost 3 years of being with the company.

5 people found this review helpful

President

What a disappointing review to read :( This is Susie, and I bet you've read this here before, but I wish you had reached out with your feedback before you left us. If you're still open to it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve at 323 475 7374 or shall@vitamintalent.com. I am sorry that you felt penalized about time off or micromanaged. That is not how things should work here.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Agent

Feb 24, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO was really nice

Cons

Unreasonable expectations/ quotas to maintain

3 people found this review helpful