KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Vitamin World Employee Reviews about "great discount"

Updated Sep 14, 2021

Found 16 of over 312 reviews

Vitamin World CEO Frank Conley (no image)
Frank Conley
Pros
  • "Good benefits, great employee discount, overall good work environment(in 45 reviews)

• "Great discount and Commission rates(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Horrible upper management and insulting pay(in 29 reviews)

• "Low pay, no opportunity for college grads(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vitamin World and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great discount"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Store Manager

Jul 26, 2017 - Store Manager in Humble, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount, you learn a lot about supplements & vitamins, helping customers to reach their fitness & health goals, commission

Cons

The pay is not that much

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sep 14, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount Flexible schedule Learned about many helpful supplements

Cons

Mirco-management Lousy pay Unrealistic sales goals rude district manager

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

0 room for growth and advancement. Poor hourly wage.

Jul 28, 2014 - Sales Associate in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great discount on company products. I find this really good and only pro.

Cons

I have been working there 4 years and only a .15 raise which is extremely sad. Area manager and district manager kept saying company freeze which I find is a excuse. Another comaplaint is the way area manager pressures employees to have a $40 + average sale which is out of reach making employees to push products on people. Not all people walking the door will spend $40 or anything at all. Also the company has very poor advertisement. Most people that walk in think there are in GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. Before I left the company I asked for a raise being there X amount of years. Area manger and district manager declined it right always claim my sales wasn't good enough which I find was a poor excuse because our store is on a small strip mall. Soon after that I found this very unprofessional every wk after that they cut one day on my schedule and ended up on the schedule working only 1 day 3hrs. Company's sad way of forcing me out. Area manager and district manager won't admit to it. Very sad how they treat long time employees. Got written up 2-3x on ridiculous reasons from making new rules like not in my shrit. I've been working there 4years didn't in my shirt and 4years later you write me up for that I find that suspicious and low. I say apply for another company don't waste your time here.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Was once great

Feb 20, 2020 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay,great discount . flexible schedule

Cons

They seem to have forgotten that it is the store employees that make the business.

5. 1.0

Stay away at all costs

Apr 19, 2013 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount on merchandise and holiday pay for full time employees.

Cons

They flat out lie to you in the interview process about realistic compensation. They'll claim an extra 5 or 6 dollars per hour based on potential commission based income, more like 2 dollars extra per hour. The upper management is clueless as none of them have worked in a retail store environment. They threaten your job if their unrealistic sales goals are not met. Work there, expect to get talked down to in the most demeaning fashion possible. Zero organization from District Managers and Regional Managers. They operate their management off the fear management system and refuse to deal with employees as adults. This company is losing customers left and right and will not lower goals or make the actual intelligent business decision to invest money in advertising.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Assistant Manager/Store Manager

Apr 29, 2016 - Store Manager First Assistant Manager in Hyattsville, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee discount great. Learning supplements and their uses. Helping people naturally get healthy. Good and inexpensive insurance benefits. Used to be Blue Cross. 401k Plan and Stock plan. Good quality products.

Cons

Low pay. Commission payout reduced. Inflated sales goals. No bonuses especially in high volume locations. Job security constantly threatened by unrealistic goals. Heavy work load for management with no real incentive.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Retail Sales Associate

Oct 31, 2018 - Retail Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great sales training Fun atmosphere Plenty of downtime depending on location Great discount and Commission rates

Cons

No marketing for your store Outdated products "Knowledgeable customers" uncomfortable sales setting at times

8. 4.0

Assistant manager

Jan 19, 2017 - Assistant Manager in Victorville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount Continual education of products and ways to be active and healthy Support in a healthy lifestyle

Cons

I worked in a mall so that sucked Their holiday pay was weird, you had to work 3 consecutive days with the holiday in the middle to get paid

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Former Manager Company is dying

Feb 21, 2015 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount on supplements. My district manager was awesome to work with but I hear most are not. Benefits were very good.

Cons

The people in the home office have no idea how to run a supplement company. They want to send coupon after coupon to customers almost giving stuff away and then want to know why the huge sales goals are not being meant! This company won't be around much longer unless things change fast!

10. 3.0

All Store Positions

Jul 30, 2015 - Store Manager in Maryland Heights, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Discount and the company genuinely cares for its employees and customers.

Cons

The St. Louis market has taken a hit and the employee compensation program clearly indicates this issue.

1 person found this review helpful