Vitech Systems Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Vitech Systems Group Reviews

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, managers do not micro-manage (in 10 reviews)

• Focus on results and lots of work from home opportunities (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the best domain to have a long career, No 401k match, No bonus (in 16 reviews)

• They tend to be the people in positions of power, and can really destroy your work life balance (in 9 reviews)

1. "good company to work for but losing its past values that made it great"

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Vitech Systems Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Over the past several years I have worked with some really talented folks and have learned tremendously from them
    - I credit Vitech with giving me very good exposure to the the business and a culture that really cultivated personal growth with good opportunities.

Cons

In recent years Vitech has not being living up to the ideals I had previously come to expect.

Advice to Management

- Companies culture needs to be more employee focused with comparable benefits to lots of other growing tech companies.

"Don't stay long"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Vitech Systems Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Learn how mid-size to large companies operate

Cons

slow and hard to learn something that you would actually use outside the company, no 401k match, there's no transparency on how the annual evaluation is done, sometimes the manager will just tell you the raise in the annual eval and that's it! Without saying a word about your performance or any tips to improve

"Get ready to be bored"

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Vitech Systems Group (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on the project, there can be lots of flexibility with your schedule. Low bar for performance means your job is secure. There is at least one smart person on each project.

Cons

Four bosses in two years, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen my manager in the last year. Very little support from headquarters. Projects have many people who are dead weight, and management simply overburdens their top performers instead of getting rid of the poor performers. A completely opaque review and promotion process means people don't know why they do or don't get promoted, and employees receive no actionable feedback for personal growth.

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews on this site. Every time a bad review appears, within a week a glowing 5 star version appears. People aren't stupid, and can see through this. If you truly want to change the culture, don't just get a temporary video game in the main office: have a review and promotion process that actually incentivizes the right things.

5. "Associate Developer"

Former Employee - Associate Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Vitech Systems Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot if you can stay that long.

Cons

If they like you they keep you long or else without any notice you may be fired.

Advice to Management

Please provide some development training to new joiners.

6. "My time at Vitech"

I have been working at Vitech Systems Group full-time

Pros

Good people, nice environment, company continues to prosper.
    Good medical plan

Cons

no 401k match, no working remotely

Advice to Management

Consider the cons, it would make a big difference to the existing staff and potential new hires

"Good enough for government work"

I worked at Vitech Systems Group full-time

Pros

Depending on the project, Vitech has the potential to have a pretty great work-life balance. With a little bit of luck and if you play your cards right, you can maximize your personal time. Product is relatively comprehensive, and core platform is well put together.

Cons

If you're looking for a modern software shop, this is not the place to be. V3, while on an enterprise-scale, is at its core simply a CRUD application with Oracle and Spring.

Projects are wildly inconsistent. Some folks are asked to work weekends (every weekend) for extended periods of time. Technology lags several years behind industry trends, ignoring innovations that can lighten pain points. Highly apparent friction between business and development teams. Unrealistic expectations regarding project deadlines. Little to no continuous integration or automated testing - BA teams are expected to manually test every build. Most development is outsourced and follows few standardizations, leading to large codebases with huge organizational discrepancies. Sparse collective knowledge base, and little to no onboarding technical training. Company doesn't seem to understand the concept of tech-debt, and allows it to stack indefinitely, meaning that projects in 5+ years of maintenance tend to be the most difficult to navigate. User experience is rarely considered (minute long page load times are considered acceptable).

Advice to Management

Just because an endeavor isn't directly related to profitability doesn't mean it's not merited. The reason good technical people don't stay at Vitech is because fixing unforced errors seems to take up probably 80% of your time. The company would benefit by shifting focus to the engineering team including automation. Don't be afraid to burn down things that aren't working and start over.

"Business Analyst job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Vitech Systems Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good subject matter. Interesting product

Cons

Mismanagement, no value for hard work, treat humans as machines. Senior management has made a mockery of Performance reviews and bonuses.

Advice to Management

Starting trusting your employees and treat them like humans.

9. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Good Place to work. If you are new to industry this is perfect place ot learn new things.

Cons

Wokf life balance could be better. No 401k contribution.

Advice to Management

Improve management Hierarchy

"Worst company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The location on Park Ave. was nice. Great views from the office windows. Lots of food options nearby, and close to the subway.

Cons

Oh gosh, where to begin? Their product was incredibly ugly, not user friendly, outdated technology. The grammatical errors in their marketing materials were embarrassing. The employees did not seem very intelligent. Almost everyone I knew was unhappy with management.

Advice to Management

Modernize your product. Treat your employees better.

11. "Fast paced, growing company, challenging work and competitive salary."

I have been working at Vitech Systems Group full-time

Pros

Vitech has a leading software product in a very niche market and the company has been steadily growing since I began working here. The company is fast paced, the work is challenging, you are given a lot of responsibility and you can see the direct impact of your contributions. I have a great manager who I’m learning from and my coworkers are smart, hardworking, and friendly. There is a lot of face time with the executive management team. Great location and competitive salary.

Cons

Employee review process can be improved. Communication processes also need improvement although there has been a recent movement to modernize.