Vitera Healthcare Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Vitera Healthcare Solutions CEO Wyche T. Green
Wyche T. Green
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Long time Healthcare IT employee, new to Vitera"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As I mentioned in the title I am a long time Healthcare IT Professional and this is my first job on this side of the fence. I love this company, it didn't take long for me to drink the Kool-Aid and I am thankful to have the same excitement inside to come to work now as I did the first week when I bought in to the Vitera values and message.

As another review stated there is some carry over of frustrations and that is the exception, not the norm. So very true. I also see a lot of negative reviews on here from individuals who no longer work for the company that were employed since the last change and left a short time later. I see a few that were asked to go outside their comfort zone to accommodate change and their negative reaction to this. Personally, and this is my opinion, suck it up.

This company has been amazing to work for in the short time I have been here. I see so many people from all departments busting their butts every day, long days, long weeks and it shows. I had done this for 12 plus years on the Hospital side and let me tell you, Vitera has treated its employees like gold compared to the Hospital side and more importantly, since late last year.

After the dust settled from the last change the hiring process began to rebuild and the criteria for the rebuild is bringing in talent. I see the folks in HR busting their butts daily, not sitting in their offices all day but out engaging us all trying to make our work environment even greater than it is today and that is refreshing. It irritates me to think that people get on here and bash Vitera, we (current employees) were not the ones who made any of the changes to spawn a lot of the negative comments. The decisions that affected you came from a Board of an investment firm, not us who remain. So please keep the negativity to yourself unless you have something tangible to complain about because quite frankly I think the negativity is a disgrace to those of us putting 60, 70, 80 hour weeks in for a salaried position trying to make the experience for our customers better.

To see how much or Managers, Directors, Executives and most importantly our HR Representatives do to make our lives, careers and futures bright is flattering and I hope people get the opportunity to join us and share in this.

Cons

I am still trying to find some CONS, really all I have his the deductible on the insurance...

Vitera Healthcare Solutions Response

Nov 10, 2013 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your enthusiasm for our company and are glad that you are part of the Vitera team!

2. "Bought by Greenway Medical"

Former Employee - EDI Implementation Technician IV/Trainer I in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - EDI Implementation Technician IV/Trainer I in Tampa, FL

I worked at Vitera Healthcare Solutions (More than 10 years)

Pros

I miss the benefits but that's it nothing else.

Cons

Upper management only cared about the bottom line

3. "Great bonuses"

Pros

There were better days but more bad than good afterwards.

Cons

Only cared about the bottom dollar. Had a merit increase freeze for three years.

Advice to Management

Compensation for experience and education.

"Applications Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment. Large development group easy to share ideas. Fast pace Agile scrum. Many hires are fresh out of college. Fun group with many activities after work. Highly selective hiring process including general knowledge testing.

Cons

Poor management, direction of company determined by venture capital group that owns it. Executive management is out of touch with front line employees. Seems like they are only interested in short term success to enable sale of company and taking advantage of temporary government healthcare incentives that facilitate clients buying our products at greatly reduced cost. Employees are not valued and there is much involuntary turnover often followed by voluntary departures. Often employees are given increased duties or promotion of title without increase in pay.

Advice to Management

Promote from within the company with accompanying increase in pay. Let those long term employees with a stake in the company run it, as opposed to out of touch venture capital puppets. Recognize that employees are the greatest asset of the company and need to be treated well. The company culture is good not because of management, but in spite of it.

"Customer Support Specialist II"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Exciting industry. Great place to enter the health information system industry.

Cons

Vitera did not care about employees. Money was the bottom line. No loyalty at all to employees that had helped build the company and serve clients for decades. The software systems are amazing and industry leading quality, but experienced support not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Care about people. Offer lower salaries in lieu of laying off dedicated hard working employees in order to replace them with lower paid interns.

"Financial Analyst"

I worked at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

Not there anymore. Thank goodness.

Cons

Whatever negative items you read, it is probably true. Whatever positive thing you read, it is probably not true.

7. "Registration Technician"

Former Employee - FLORIDA
    Former Employee - FLORIDA

Pros

Co workers were amazing to work with and eager to share knowledge

Cons

No real growth within the company once hired.

"Good Money"

I worked at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

GOOD MONEY if you put in the time and are constantly on the phones and keep your head down.

Cons

long hours, poor management, disonnect between employees and execs, ever changing comp plan

"Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good training program, though maybe too long.

Cons

Not sure howthings have progrerssed or regressed since the merger with Greenway, but unless things have gotten better, stay as far away a you can. Greenway is owned by Vista Equity partners and they are complete scum. HUGE turnover people only stay if they have no where else to go.

"Don't even bother, not worth the time."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Good experience into learning the healthcare software business. Great office building, location and had fitness center access.

Cons

Don't worry you won't last that long. Every quarter layoffs occur. Routine firings to make their bottom line look better. Low paying salaries.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth. Stop with the massive firings and layoffs and you may have some success.