Vivid Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Vivid Marketing President Chrysanthi Halkiotis
Chrysanthi Halkiotis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Potential with Vivid Marketing!!!"

Pros

As an a former employee of Vivid Marketing , the amounts of opportunities have been limitless throughout the journey. I have been able to network, attend confrences, travel for work and even joined the expansion team within a year. Being apart of the "expansion team" presented me with the opportunity to move out.I am so glad I am apart of something so great, working here has given me so much!! Ever since I graduated I was ready to spread my wings and move away from my family to take on my life and make things happen. Who knew I would be invited to join the "expansion team" and move to VA ? I get to see a new state with great people that share a like mindset. Who Doesn't want the ability to take on new experiences,spread their wings and continue to have the ability to grow as a person?? If you are trying to grow as a person and create a life for yourself I would highly recommend you start here!!

Cons

The only honest con I can think of, if you want to call it a con would have to be not being at the same location everyday. But I enjoy the opportunity to have different locations and meet new people!!

"Team Leader"

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time

Pros

They teach you excellent life skills

Cons

The day to day work is awful, but rewarding

Advice to Management

Focus your efforts on the people that truly deserve them

"Good starting job"

Pros

The pay for the job is good and the experience of working in sales is also a plus. The people you work with are nice.

Cons

The hours for work are a little bit odd (Tues-Sat, 1:30PM to 7:30PM). Also, most marketing done is done at a Walmart selling Verizon Fios to customers who either have the service or are not in Fios's area to qualify for it.

"Such a joke"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. You lose money with this gig. We played heads up once though and that was fun. People are definitely friendly. It's only a matter of time before you find more sane people like yourself you can joke with while your driving around like a loon, plotting who gets to quit first.

Cons

Where do I begin? You get there early as hell and play games with other employees who have drunken the cool-aid. You get in your car and waste your own gas money to try and sell office supplies to businesses that want no part of it, and you make no money doing it. No actual marketing, no firm answers, such a joke. I can't believe I lasted an entire 3 weeks. I am not a shy person at all and I couldn't STAND annoying the crap out of businesses and then being told you have to "overcome objectives". Don't do it. Major scam.

Advice to Management

Stop using the words " Fun!" And "energetic!" And pay people for their time and gas money wasted.

"Account Representative"

Pros

Great Work Environment and fun

Cons

Long Hours but you get used to it

Advice to Management

"Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell..."

Former Employee - Salesperson in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Salesperson in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is an opportunity for growth based on your work ethics and not seniority.

Cons

Sales isn't for everyone. There is a tremendous amount of pressure to "kill it" and surpass the sales goals Vivid lays out. You are required to go to unpaid training, drive a lot without getting reimbursed for gas, attend team night and team building events, and it's mandatory travel for conferences.

Advice to Management

Advice to management... I'm not sure if it is worth my time to even attempt to fill this with something useful. Management doesn't care. Perhaps, you can get professional help for you narcissistic personality.

"Don't Bother"

Pros

Upward mobility. Easy access to a job. If you're truly good at sales, you will excel in this job, I'm just not good at it.

Cons

They don't pay enough. You'll spend up to two hours driving per day and won't get reimbursed for gas. You work weekends. They, also, are really shady about everything and I never got clear answers whenever I asked questions.

Advice to Management

Be more of a transparent business. Just be honest with your employees and don't waste their time by making them drive to Columbia every morning.

"Account Manager"

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time

Pros

Fun and energetic environment with room to grow

Cons

All commission based and long hours

Advice to Management

Not being hard on employees who need to take time off

"Its Ok"

Former Employee - Sales Account Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Account Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Learning of sales/management skills, Future owning of your own business

Cons

Compensation is low for the particular position

"Not Good"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The potential pay is uncapped meaning your paycheck is determined by performance.
    People in the office are happy at least.

Cons

Wearing formal business attire to play games and listen to people talk about the same thing everyday.
    Vivid pumps out new employees every week. So many people leave and the hiring process is so easy you literally need to have a brain and be nice and you'll get an offer.
    There is no marketing. This "Direct Marketing" is literally selling Verizon FiOs to random people in Wal-Mart.
    You go to work at 10 am and expect to be home by 8:00. Driving can be anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
    They emphasize climbing up on the ladder to manager but let's face it, that is just a way to brainwash people that actually think they can get there and they use the same two people as examples of managers everytime.
    One of their employees been working their for like a year and he is beyond brainwashed.