Vivid Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Its Ok"

Former Employee - Sales Account Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Account Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Learning of sales/management skills, Future owning of your own business

Cons

Compensation is low for the particular position

"Such a joke"

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. You lose money with this gig. We played heads up once though and that was fun. People are definitely friendly. It's only a matter of time before you find more sane people like yourself you can joke with while your driving around like a loon, plotting who gets to quit first.

Cons

Where do I begin? You get there early as hell and play games with other employees who have drunken the cool-aid. You get in your car and waste your own gas money to try and sell office supplies to businesses that want no part of it, and you make no money doing it. No actual marketing, no firm answers, such a joke. I can't believe I lasted an entire 3 weeks. I am not a shy person at all and I couldn't STAND annoying the crap out of businesses and then being told you have to "overcome objectives". Don't do it. Major scam.

Advice to Management

Stop using the words " Fun!" And "energetic!" And pay people for their time and gas money wasted.

"Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell..."

Former Employee - Salesperson in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Salesperson in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is an opportunity for growth based on your work ethics and not seniority.

Cons

Sales isn't for everyone. There is a tremendous amount of pressure to "kill it" and surpass the sales goals Vivid lays out. You are required to go to unpaid training, drive a lot without getting reimbursed for gas, attend team night and team building events, and it's mandatory travel for conferences.

Advice to Management

Advice to management... I'm not sure if it is worth my time to even attempt to fill this with something useful. Management doesn't care. Perhaps, you can get professional help for you narcissistic personality.

"Expansion Team"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Vivid for almost a year now, and I am very pleased to say I'm part of one of their expansion teams. I took the leap of faith and packed my bags and moved to Virginia. This move will give me the opportunity to kick start my team building and my opportunity to have my own expansion team. Hard work and long hours are a positive in my eyes because its weeds out the weak and gives light to those who understand the opportunity.

Cons

Plenty of driving to do, and no 401 or benefits. But this is a non traditional job so you have to expect that .

Advice to Management

Keep pumping out new owners and keep filling young, eager workers with the opportunity. You've got all the right tools to succeed long-term.

"Do not apply if you have: a college degree, career goals, and/or dignity"

Former Employee - Intern in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Intern in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great for individuals with no experience and little to no career goals.

The only pyramid scheme out there where I don't have to put any money down upfront!

Cons

Vivid marketing is NOT a marketing firm. The people here have no idea what real marketing is and are preying upon young individuals trying to jump start their career. It is a door to door sales company outsourced from Cydcor. The website and job description make it sound like you will be doing meaningful marketing work but in reality you are pitching whatever campaign Vivid chooses at the time (Quill, Verizon, DirectTV).

From the beginning you are never told that it is a door to door sales company. They put an air of confidence and feed you corporate propaganda to make you think you have a chance of becoming successful within the organization. When in reality this is a classic pyramid scheme, only you don't have to pay. You start at the bottom and after a couple sales, you are "promoted" to an account manager role. This is where most employees spend their time and inevitably end up leaving. You cannot move up into the assistant manager role because of the lofty goals that are set to reach this level. Even if you do, there are at least 2 or 3 people there that are more brainwashed than you to believe that they have a shot at becoming a manager.

The pay is purely commission based. They say you determine how much you make by the effort you are willing to put in but honestly, how many people are willing to purchase thousands of dollars of office supplies from a complete stranger? Not many. IF you do well, you will generally make $200 - $300 a week. Also, whenever you make a sale, Chrysanthi gets a piece of that as well, and then up to her senior managers. Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

There are so many things I could say about Vivid marketing but I am hoping this is sufficient to deter anyone considering Vivid marketing as a viable career path.

Advice to Management

Everything about this company is fake, from the job description and even down to the people. Can't blame you for being a part of the pyramid.

Jul 13, 2015 – President

Hello there, That's a tough title to read as 90% of our employees have worked very hard to earn their 4 year degrees. Our company prides itself on the training program we offer to entry level... More

"Great place if you want to own a business."

Former Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked here for several months, and the culture was amazing. Team nights every week, delightfully unconventional office environment, great opportunity for advancement. People were very friendly and training was thorough. They'll teach you just how to be a sales person, even if you have no prior experience. If you hope of owning your own business someday, this is the job for you!

Cons

Start every day in the office, but actual sales occur in the field, where you pitch the product (in my case Verizon Fios) within the walls of a Big Box retailer (in my case, Walmart). Often need to drive upwards of forty minutes from office to get to the field. At least one day, I ended up driving over 3 hours for a 7.5 hour workday. Forced to work on weekends, so overall not a great setup for people with families. Only for people truly interested in climbing the corporate ladder.

Advice to Management

None; they have the perfect system set up, IF you've got what it takes.

Feb 24, 2015 – President

We really appreciate your honest and open opinion to your experience here at Vivid Marketing! We're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere, and appreciated the hands-on training and development that we... More

"Awesome Experience with Motivated People!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is second to none. It is a team-oriented atmosphere that provides performance-based advancement. I have never met so many people that are truly willing to help others get to where they want to be. Vivid Marketing, Inc. fosters a positive, fun atmosphere while providing hands-on experience. The environment is perfect for recent college grads! The coolest aspect of the job is the travel opportunities. I have traveled to Orlando, San Antonio, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, and the Bahamas for work! In addition to unbelievable travel opportunities, I love that I get to meet new people every day, and often change peoples' lives by offering them an exciting new career. I could not love my job more.

Cons

Vivid Marketing, Inc. is not for the lazy and unmotivated. Hard work, a positive attitude, and relentless focus are required! This is a career, not a job. Self-motivation may be difficult for some, but it is the only way to get what you want out of life. The juice is worth the squeeze at Vivid Marketing, Inc.!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Dec 4, 2014 – President

WOW! We love to hear from our current team members about their candid thoughts of Vivid Marketing. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your personal experiences with us! -CH

"Helped me jump start my career"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone was really nice and fun at the office. The job helped me throw a few big brand names and some sales experience on my resume. It was def a good start to my career as it was my first job out of college. I got a lot of valuable training and made around 40k in the year or so I was there. It definitely helped me get the job I have now.

Cons

The hours were tough and the job wasn't always smooth sailing. I don't know if that's totally avoidable at any job, but just being honest. There isn't a lot of time off options, but you get what you put in when it comes to sales / marketing. I'm finding that's the case at where I'm at now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I miss you guys and am very grateful for the chance you all gave me. Go O's!

Dec 4, 2014 – President

It's nice to see that the experience you gained at Vivid Marketing, Inc. is helping in your current career choice. We know that, in the long term, this career choice is not suited for everyone, but... More

"A great learning experience and great fast track to sales."

Former Employee - Field Sales in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Field Sales in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

I really liked the training as you were in the field. You would break down your days and what you could improve on regularly. There is no better sales experience than B2B sales. I was able to meet with over 2400 face to face impulse meetings. You really learn what to do and what not to do as you go through the weeks. Also Chrysanthi is awesome!

Cons

-Hours were kind of long but that's any sales job.
    -I enjoyed being outside and walking besides when it was cold.
    -If you are not good at dealing with adversity, you shouldn't work here. No is a usual

Advice to Management

Chrysanthi does what she can to the best of her ability and I think the cons really don't deal with her. She would be a great boss/president/owner anywhere. They need to let her do much structuring.

Dec 4, 2014 – President

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We really appreciate the feedback, since we're are constantly looking to improve our weaknesses and focus on our strengths! It seems as though... More

"Good for a recent grad who has no bills to worry about"

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is full of outgoing twenty-somethings who made going to work semi fun. It is also real world experience that is good to get your foot in the door

Cons

Everyone was required to be at the office by 8 but strongly encouraged to set up meetings starting at 7:15. The first two hours of the day we going over "business strategies" and hearing the same theories over and over again. From 10 until 5, you were out in the field going door to door selling office supplies. Any expense that happened during the day was out of the representative pocket and they are encouraged to keep every receipt to write off at the end of the year. After going door to door for about 6 hours, you were required to come back to the office to settle up your day and report your sales and numbers. After a long day, there were team and crew nights where attendance was optional but highly looked down upon if you didn't go them.

To make a long story even shorter, I made little money working long hours, longer if you included the events at night. Some days I was gone 12 hours and made no money. This is fine if you live at home and just need the experience

Mar 19, 2014 – President

We do offer hands-on, real world training in the sales & marketing industry; and I'm glad to hear you thought that was the most beneficial takeaway of your time here with us. To reiterate your... More