KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Publicis Health

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Fun people to work with.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Honestly, this was a great opportunity for me to not only put my experience to use but to also learn more about the Marketing Field.(in 3 reviews)
  • "fun work environment(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "You'll spend up to two hours driving per day and won't get reimbursed for gas.(in 5 reviews)
  • "The pay is 100% commission which is interesting but not predictable.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Plenty of driving to do, and no 401 or benefits.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

GREAT OPPORTUNITY! THANK YOU!

May 14, 2019 - Marketing Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, this was a great opportunity for me to not only put my experience to use but to also learn more about the Marketing Field. I was offered an entry level Marketing Assistant position and after working there for a while I was able to move up to a more senior level position. I was able to learn about how to not only work with different clients but how to really be successful in the Corporate world. I learned so much about how to be an Entrepreneur and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I have never worked somewhere so fun and with so many driven and motivated people. Not a stuffy boring company, really innovative.

Cons

The biggest con I guess would be not being able to work remotely when I unfortunately had to relocate.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Potential with Vivid Marketing!!!

Jul 17, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an a former employee of Vivid Marketing , the amounts of opportunities have been limitless throughout the journey. I have been able to network, attend confrences, travel for work and even joined the expansion team within a year. Being apart of the "expansion team" presented me with the opportunity to move out.I am so glad I am apart of something so great, working here has given me so much!! Ever since I graduated I was ready to spread my wings and move away from my family to take on my life and make things happen. Who knew I would be invited to join the "expansion team" and move to VA ? I get to see a new state with great people that share a like mindset. Who Doesn't want the ability to take on new experiences,spread their wings and continue to have the ability to grow as a person?? If you are trying to grow as a person and create a life for yourself I would highly recommend you start here!!

Cons

The only honest con I can think of, if you want to call it a con would have to be not being at the same location everyday. But I enjoy the opportunity to have different locations and meet new people!!

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun environment, Good product

Apr 12, 2013 - Sales Representative (Leader) in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

What I believe sets Vivid Marketing apart from its competition is their company culture. All employees are young and fun. Everyone has a sense of humor which made my interview process a great one. Vivid Marketing also gives prospective employees the opportunity to shadow a sales rep for the day during their second interview, so they can see exactly what a typical day is like. There are no surprises. They tell you exactly what you are going to have to do, and they do not put on a front or make false promises. I would have accepted the position in a second, but a family member of mine had fallen ill, so I decided that they needed my help the most at this time. When I told the hiring managers about my situation, they were nothing but understanding. They said that I could contact them down the road about future employment, which I am definitely going to do.

Cons

From what I saw and heard throughout my three interviews at Vivid, I can't think of one thing that stands out negatively in my mind. The job would be perfect for me in every way, and I am looking forward to hopefully being able to work there in the future.

President

Thank you for all the compliments!!! I hope everything worked out for you career wise and we wish you all the best!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Helped me jump start my career

Nov 5, 2014 - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone was really nice and fun at the office. The job helped me throw a few big brand names and some sales experience on my resume. It was def a good start to my career as it was my first job out of college. I got a lot of valuable training and made around 40k in the year or so I was there. It definitely helped me get the job I have now.

Cons

The hours were tough and the job wasn't always smooth sailing. I don't know if that's totally avoidable at any job, but just being honest. There isn't a lot of time off options, but you get what you put in when it comes to sales / marketing. I'm finding that's the case at where I'm at now.

President

It's nice to see that the experience you gained at Vivid Marketing, Inc. is helping in your current career choice. We know that, in the long term, this career choice is not suited for everyone, but that everyone can gain valuable work and personal experience. We wish you the very best and are glad to hear you're doing well! -CH

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place if you want to own a business.

Feb 20, 2015 - Sales Representative (Leader) in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked here for several months, and the culture was amazing. Team nights every week, delightfully unconventional office environment, great opportunity for advancement. People were very friendly and training was thorough. They'll teach you just how to be a sales person, even if you have no prior experience. If you hope of owning your own business someday, this is the job for you!

Cons

Start every day in the office, but actual sales occur in the field, where you pitch the product (in my case Verizon Fios) within the walls of a Big Box retailer (in my case, Walmart). Often need to drive upwards of forty minutes from office to get to the field. At least one day, I ended up driving over 3 hours for a 7.5 hour workday. Forced to work on weekends, so overall not a great setup for people with families. Only for people truly interested in climbing the corporate ladder.

President

We really appreciate your honest and open opinion to your experience here at Vivid Marketing! We're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere, and appreciated the hands-on training and development that we provide. This job isn't JUST for those wanting to open their own business or run their own office, however... If it was, we'd have hundreds of locations world-wide already, which would be great but we know this company, in the long-term isn't for everyone, as you mentioned. We hire entry level, and some of our team IS looking to gain experience in this field in order to be more well-rounded, or even bring what they learned to a new field. In regards to the cons you listed, yes, one of our clients is Verizon FiOS, and the way that we market that client is inside of our partnered retailers, WalMart being one of them, because we ARE a direct marketing and sales firm. I don't see this as a con since we are working with multiple multi-million dollar companies, who are also household names. It's very odd, however, for us to ask someone on our team, outside of management, to go to a location that will take them 3 hours round trip though. I'm sorry if you felt as if you traveled more than that, that's not acceptable by our client for a daily commute to a location, therefore we abide by their wishes. Thanks again for your input, we will definitely pay attention to the distances when asking our team to visit a location! We wish you all the best! - CH

6. 5.0

Hard work does pay off

Sep 24, 2012 - Account Representative for Quill Office Supplies in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best part about this position is if you're willing to work hard, the managers will recognize your efforts and reward you with company resources --ie. advancement opportunity, travel, additional income and bonuses etc. I loved my time at Vivid Marketing, Inc., the management staff really does focus on developing an individual from their very first day (which was totally opposite than my internships or my first job I took out of college that I thought would be my career).

Cons

The only reason I left is to go back to school and pursue my MBA. I really did like everyone working there, and the office atmosphere and energy. The only thing I would say is only apply if you're willing to work hard. It's an entry level position and they're willing to train you in all aspects of business but you have to put the work in to learn up front.

Be the first to find this review helpful

President

Always happy to recognize hard work....keep it up! :)

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good for a recent grad who has no bills to worry about

Feb 11, 2014 - Account Representative in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office is full of outgoing twenty-somethings who made going to work semi fun. It is also real world experience that is good to get your foot in the door

Cons

Everyone was required to be at the office by 8 but strongly encouraged to set up meetings starting at 7:15. The first two hours of the day we going over "business strategies" and hearing the same theories over and over again. From 10 until 5, you were out in the field going door to door selling office supplies. Any expense that happened during the day was out of the representative pocket and they are encouraged to keep every receipt to write off at the end of the year. After going door to door for about 6 hours, you were required to come back to the office to settle up your day and report your sales and numbers. After a long day, there were team and crew nights where attendance was optional but highly looked down upon if you didn't go them. To make a long story even shorter, I made little money working long hours, longer if you included the events at night. Some days I was gone 12 hours and made no money. This is fine if you live at home and just need the experience

President

We do offer hands-on, real world training in the sales & marketing industry; and I'm glad to hear you thought that was the most beneficial takeaway of your time here with us. To reiterate your words, it's an office full of outgoing twenty somethings who make work fun, a place to gain experience, and get your foot in the door. Since we hire candidates with little to no experience, candidates are compensated accordingly. As a candidate advances in the Management Training Program, they're eligible for larger bonuses, a higher commission percentage, and a per diem salary because they've proven to be a valuable asset to our company.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Expansion Team

Jul 15, 2015 - Account Representative in Newport News, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Vivid for almost a year now, and I am very pleased to say I'm part of one of their expansion teams. I took the leap of faith and packed my bags and moved to Virginia. This move will give me the opportunity to kick start my team building and my opportunity to have my own expansion team. Hard work and long hours are a positive in my eyes because its weeds out the weak and gives light to those who understand the opportunity.

Cons

Plenty of driving to do, and no 401 or benefits. But this is a non traditional job so you have to expect that .

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A great learning experience and great fast track to sales.

Oct 27, 2014 - Field Sales in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really liked the training as you were in the field. You would break down your days and what you could improve on regularly. There is no better sales experience than B2B sales. I was able to meet with over 2400 face to face impulse meetings. You really learn what to do and what not to do as you go through the weeks. Also Chrysanthi is awesome!

Cons

-Hours were kind of long but that's any sales job. -I enjoyed being outside and walking besides when it was cold. -If you are not good at dealing with adversity, you shouldn't work here. No is a usual

President

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We really appreciate the feedback, since we're are constantly looking to improve our weaknesses and focus on our strengths! It seems as though you worked with us quite awhile ago, and therefore I'd like to let you know that we have taken a lot of feedback into consideration and recently, in July, restructured training, hours, and pay, and even brought in an additional Managing Partner to help out with these changes. A 40-hour week is strictly enforced now, we've guaranteed a base pay for all employees, and everything regarding clients and customers is on an inside basis now. We've been able to positively impact our team and give them a better structure based on reviews like yours. Thank you again! - CH

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great opportunity!

Jul 14, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Just wanted to take a quick moment to add my thoughts here. I have been working at Vivid Marketing for about 2 years now. Before this job everything I knew about the "work" field came from my background of "corporate work". I worked a regular nine to five job...that anyone's parents would be proud of. There was nothing wrong with that life but for me I realized that if I ever wanted to make it past a 100,000 pay grade I would have to be famous, go to school for 100yrs, or be my own boss. I took a giant leap of faith when I walked into the Vivid office. To be honest, I just wanted to find a place that would teach me marketing and then I was going to go and start my own business. But I learned more in my first week at Vivid then I did in my 3 years in a corporate role. I learned not only how to market a product- no that's just the beginning- I learned how to motivate a team together, coach and train others, conduct interviews, effectively run a motivational meeting to inspire others.... I learned how to help others hit their goals as well which was the first time I've ever seen a company really come together to not only drive a successful business but help their employees grow and develop as well. Vivid is awesome. I really can't say one bad thing about the company. I don't know why there are negative reviews but I guess to each their own. For me it was the best chance I've ever taken. In one week I'll be opening my own business with an awesome team to support me and have my back. Instead of living a life where someone else controls my pay check or destiny (like losing my job) I'll never have to worry about supporting my family. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity. I say, if you're reading this- give it a shot.

Cons

Not one bad thing to say!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews

Vivid Marketing Reviews FAQs

Vivid Marketing has an overall rating of 2.8 out of 5, based on over 42 reviews left anonymously by employees. 41% of employees would recommend working at Vivid Marketing to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Vivid Marketing employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Vivid Marketing. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

41% of Vivid Marketing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vivid Marketing 2.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Vivid Marketing to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be management, benefits, compensation.