Vivid Seats Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Eric Vassilatos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company hosts monthly happy hours at locations that are within walking distance of the office (in 33 reviews)

• Healthy snack options are provided onsite and catered lunches about twice per month (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Call center is very micromanaged (in 24 reviews)

• no paid time off, open 365, average pay (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company with lots of upside"

Current Employee - Engineering
    Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at Vivid Seats full-time

Pros

Expanding engineering department focused on delivering value and scaling the technology to support the growing business. Emphasis on visibility and collaboration within the teams is a good culture to be part of. Lunches provided every two weeks and craft beer for after hours are an added perk.

Fun company to work for in an interesting business.

Cons

Still dealing some growing pains as the company matures.

Advice to Management

Provide more clarity on key strategic goals and metrics to track progress against them.

2. "Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vivid Seats full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company is growing and there is a lot of opportunity to contribute. Great learning.
    - We have an onsite gym and managers are flexible when employees go during the work day.
    - Great people. The office is open and there is a lot of communication and information sharing across teams. Everyone seems invested in what they're working on.
    - Lots of food! Healthy snack options are provided onsite and catered lunches about twice per month.
    - Across the street from Ogilvie and a block away from Union Station. Great location and company offers pre-tax commuter benefits.
    - Ticket discounts!

Cons

- Benefits do not kick in on day one of hire.
    - Not a lot of interaction between operations employees and corporate employees.

3. "Not a Good Long Term Career Option"

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Vivid Seats full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Snacks and you gain good experience

Cons

The CEO is crazy and sends out lists of people to fire for arbitrary reasons and they would rather comfort a one time customer than an employee who worked hard for them for years.

Advice to Management

Promote the dedicated hard workers instead of the people who suck up to you. Also don't use people as examples to scare other workers.

4. "Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vivid Seats full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great company culture. Everyone is friendly and very insightful with advice to grow within the company as well professionally in general. Two breaks aside of lunch is a plus.

Cons

No paid vacation/sick days.

5. "Love it!"

I have been working at Vivid Seats full-time

Pros

Amazing environment! Everyone is very helpful. managers and supervisors are always there to help you grow and be better at what you do. Near major CTA Lines. Always opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

None at all. Everything is great

6. "Love my job!"

I have been working at Vivid Seats full-time

Pros

Coworkers are motivated, hard working and fun which creates a contagious work hard, play hard mentality across the whole office. The company is growing a lot while still valuing culture so everyone has the opportunity to invoke change. Senior leaders are super accessible and take a genuine interest in their employees. A huge perk is that there isn't a formal dress code so a t shirt and sneakers are totally acceptable. Plus, unlimited snacks and coffee as well as a bar in the office!

Cons

Benefits aren't effective day 1

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vivid Seats full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice environment to work in. My manager is the most caring boss I've had and I believe they want the best for myself and our department.

Cons

Our company is great but the business we deal in can be iffy.

Advice to Management

Keep training/retraining employees even after the initial training is over. There are multiple training rooms, we should be using them.

"Not worth it"

I have been working at Vivid Seats full-time

Pros

Great people, catered lunches, stocked break room, good location in the loop

Cons

Shady business practices. You don't just work for Vivid Seats, you work for all of their affiliates and must represent yourself as such. Often feel morally wrong for selling tickets for hundreds of dollars more than they're worth. Call center is very micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Stop relying on just stats to grade your employees. We're worth more than data.

"Managers pride themselves on bullying employees"

I worked at Vivid Seats full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, none, none, none, none

Cons

Not sure who's paying people to write all these positive reviews but Vivid Seats is not a great company to work for at all. I worked there for over a year and was a high performer only to be bullied by managers and yelled at by HR. You are required to work at least 1 weekend day and there is no PTO. They reward mediocrity and people who just come to punch a clock everyday. If you try to show initiative or discuss process improvements, you are quickly shut down. Managers are handed their positions based on favoritism and they are some of the worst people I've ever met.

Advice to Management

Quit and go work for another company where you can thrive on being a horrible human being.

"Great Starting Place to Get the Hell Out!"

I worked at Vivid Seats full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the operations side, you can grow in your department or move departments fairly easily. However, this dream that they present of most people moving to corporate seems far fetched. The incentive bonuses are easy extra money and the end of the year bonus is a few hundred dollars. The ability to work from home is great. The job itself also gives you great experience in dealing with the dumbest and most abusive customers on earth. Try telling your next job how great you are at having to constantly de-escalate situations! It's a very marketable tool. The company is going rapidly, but that does lead me to my cons...

Cons

The company is growing too rapidly. They are making partnerships with major companies that is driving in more volume with not enough employees to satisfy the concerns of the customers. VS's website and checkout process may seem obvious to us as we look at it everyday and know where to look for the smaller print, but to a first time customer, it's not so obvious. VS claims to want to be transparent with their customers, but it's anything but. The breakdown is far on the right hand side of the screen, almost blending into the screen like a regular side scroll bar. VS needs to take a tip from Stubhub and make the prices larger so even the elderly (that claim we abuse them) can see it. Speaking of the customers... they're rough. And as much as you want to help some of the people that deserve it or really want some help, you just can't. Yes, you will have to tell someone who just had their child die in a car crash (which you can Google and clearly see) that no they can't have their $300+ back which would help with funeral expenses. And no, we can't contact the seller to see if they would be willing to get a refund from Ticketmaster for the rescheduled event so we could refund you even though you live in the UK and were just visiting on vacation. Oh you just bought 6 tickets 30 seconds ago instead 1 and the seller hasn't even confirmed the order yet? No, sorry, the seller gets 15 minutes to confirm your order to you'll be out $4,000. The policies that VS puts into place are not for the customers. Hell, these customers tell me that they would never recommend our business to someone else and I just want to say , "Same, buddy."

Advice to Management

Rethink your policies and website design to improve the daily life of your operations employees and customers. Luckily there are billions of people that could stumble across your sites to use, but they are usually just one and done customers.