Vivint Smart Home Reviews | Glassdoor

Vivint Smart Home Reviews

Updated January 17, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, free lunch, flexible schedules, great people to work with (in 94 reviews)

• Relaxed yet effective work environment (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • It is door to door cold calling (in 40 reviews)

• No flexibility on prices that sales reps extend to customers (in 30 reviews)

1. "Contact Rep"

I worked at Vivint Smart Home part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inivative. Very team oriented company to work for.

Cons

Unrealistic goals for your compensation

2. "Vivint Supply Chain"

I have been working at Vivint Smart Home full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. LDS is a plus.

Cons

Salaries are low and no matching 401k

Advice to Management

Bring up salary and people will stay around longer

"Smart Home Best Buy Sales: Pressured By Upper Management to Do Illegal Activities With Personal Id Information"

Former Employee - Security Systems in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Security Systems in Dallas, TX

I worked at Vivint Smart Home full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If the higher ups cared this company could work. The management is only concerned with their bonuses and being top in sales at all costs. These type of managers are horrible for team morale and also willing engage in things that are either out right illegal or definitely a violation of consume privacy.

Cons

Pressured By Upper Management to Do Illegal Activities With Personal Id Information. We have been forced to illegally access without permission and utilize customer Data from BEST BUY without their permission. If Best Buy knew how some employees access their customer's data I can safely assume they would not approve. This cannot be acceptable behavior and those who refused to engage in it were FIRED for fear of a consumer law suit for illegally accessing consuming personal identifying information without their consent and using it. I actually had an angry customer come into my store and ask me why I was using his information for a Vivint Account? He stated he knew his information was used without authorization and was speaking with an attorney in hopes of filing a lawsuit..Which he does have merit and a great argument because his information indeed was used without his knowledge, permission, or any consent whatsoever.

4. "Sales manager"

I worked at Vivint Smart Home (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good commissions. Lots of travelling

Cons

Terrible hotels and cut throat business environment.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing

"good luck taking time off"

Former Employee - Smarthome Professional Installer in Portage, MI
    Former Employee - Smarthome Professional Installer in Portage, MI

I worked at Vivint Smart Home full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work truck with cell phone and tablet, dispatch from home.

Cons

Long hours, some ungrateful customers. Management constantly pushing for upgrades and personal sales even with best buy customers. No sick days. Use PTO for that...Oh you dont have any PTO...Youre fired, regardless you had a car acciddent and a broken rib.

90 minute drive to your first job, always. FSM dont hold to their word.

Advice to Management

Calm down about upgrades and Arrival Windows.. they're Windows for a reason.

6. "Worse by the day"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Akron, OH

I have been working at Vivint Smart Home full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a truck and almost all the tools you need to do what they expect.

Cons

Training. Example- Gave us a 5 min video to teach us how to terminate and run cat5e cable and connect the cameras.
    Everything is a secret. policy change without explination
    No paid sick time and we get written up if we get sick and don't have PTO to cover the time off.
    unrealistic exceptions for quality of work for the equipment they give us.
    "new equipment" doesn't work.
    New Firmware updates on the panel continually make it worse. they wont connect to the internet anymore.
    Everything is our fault and is reflected in our metrics.
    NPS metrics are unfair and weighted against us.
    we are expected to work at 125% efficiency rate as they keep adding new things to learn

Advice to Management

treat field service better. Trust and listen to them. Pay them better. Be transparent.
    Stop the corporate brainwashing rah rah. Treat customers better. Take responsibility

7. "High Stress Job with little engagement from company but with a good cafe"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lindon, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lindon, UT

I worked at Vivint Smart Home full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best food in a company cafeteria ever.
    Excellent coworkers
    Full time benefits three months in
    Career development

Cons

Extremely high stress environment with little consistent help from management
    Poor communication and implementation for updates and training to current products
    Really bad employee equipment to do your job
    Incredibly strict and sometimes unfair time constraints in holds, breaks, and starting your shift
    No time at all to get to know your co-workers
    No time at all to review important emails and power points to do your job (only time is break time or at the end of your shift)
    No engagement as a team or from your supervisor
    Very little commitment from management to engage employees

Advice to Management

Get your employees ENGAGED NOT SATISFIED. You are doing this all wrong. I loved the cafe, the perks, the benefits, but I HATED the work environment. I did not feel engaged in my team or goals or even the company. It is so frustrating because I loved my coworkers but never had time to interact with them at work! No amount of pay raises, benefits, or food can keep us in because satisfaction does not create loyalty. You have a 98% turnover rate in one year Vivint. 98%! That is TERRIBLE!! Get your employees engaged!! not satisfied!

8. "Customer retention"

Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Lindon, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Lindon, UT

I worked at Vivint Smart Home full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free drinks , Nothing else

Cons

It was the WORST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD.
    The sups and managers ride around on hover boards and throw footballs and play with fidget spinners and give you HUGE eye rolls when you ask them for help. The metrics are impossible no one at this company cares about you. It seems that every customer that gets vivint is lied to and absolutely hates their system that they're locked into a contract for 5 years for. Most customers are not even aware that their in a contract because of the lies from staff. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. The way that I "quit." was icing on the cake I left my badge in the car of a co worker that I was car pooling with and on my day off and he brought it in for me as a nice gesture. He handed it to one of the supervisors and said "Please give this to _____, He left it in my car." This sup took it to my sup and just placed my badge on his desk. My sup then just figured that I quit and took me out of the system without contacting me or anything. When I showed up for work the next day and asked why my desk had been moved and all of my stuff thrown away his response was: "Oh, I thought you quit." He then told me because it was processed I would have to re-apply and start training all over again. So now I was out of a job. Honestly I was pissed and releaved at the same time because that meant I never had to come back to this god awful place again.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and hire new Management

9. "Good job, alot of micro management"

I worked at Vivint Smart Home full-time

Pros

Good culture and they took care of field service for the most part. Not an office job and at times you'll drive more than you'll work.

Cons

A lot of mico managing
    Management of course has their favorites.
    Asked to do work on your own time such as conference calls, inventory or paper work.

Advice to Management

Enough of the micro managing. Just trust your employees and you will stop losing good people due to over reach in management.

10. "Inside Sales Representative"

I have been working at Vivint Smart Home full-time

Pros

good commissions, good advancement opportunities, free meals.

Cons

lack of culture and mundane environment on the sales floor compared to others, but overall above average experience.