KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

56% Recommend to a Friend
67% Approve of CEO

Found 880 of over 963 reviews

3.5
Vivint Solar CEO David Bywater  (no image)
David Bywater

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The IT organization is strong and has a great culture.(in 64 reviews)
  • "Pay can be good if you’re willing to put the work in(in 62 reviews)
  • "Great people and $$$$$ best comp plan in industry (sales).(in 48 reviews)
  • "Benefits were good(in 36 reviews)
  • "In the field I am challenged to reach new heights and constantly surrounded with positive and great leadership.(in 24 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management hard to stay motivated(in 39 reviews)
  • "Very little training.(in 24 reviews)
  • "You are on COMMISSION only with everything to gain and everything to lose.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Upper management is more focused on number of installs and killowatts installed, and not so much with how to make the installation process better and more streamlined.(in 16 reviews)
  • "All the managers do is lie and teach you to lie.(in 13 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vivint Solar and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

May 7, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good to work for these people

Cons

No negative words. Good people

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

unbiased review of Vivint Solar

Jul 25, 2022 - Solar Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule work your own hours no one breathing down your back. We help homeowners to save money and help the environment at the same time. Great pay once you get promoted.

Cons

Lots of hours knocking doors in neighborhoods that have been pitched solar 100s of times. Some homeowners knew my pitch better than i did. First 8 sales are splits (not the full commission) Assigned to a territory no freedom to work where you want.

3. 2.0

Hard pass

Jul 20, 2022 - Solar Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth industry Leading edge tech product

Cons

Poor internal communication Underwhelming training Poor management, middle and upper

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 27, 2022 - Data Entry
    Business Outlook

Pros

Take care of employees. Lots of perks.

Cons

Hard to work your way up in certain departments.

5. 5.0

Vivint Sales Rep

Jun 25, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have an amazing training program and amazing opportunities to make money.

Cons

The company does not seem to care much about new employees that seem to struggle and the company generally needs to care more about the employees overall.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great job if you hate your family.

Jul 25, 2022 - Apprentice Electrician/Solar Installer in Lakewood, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Basically unlimited over time all the time.

Cons

No days off ever All about hitting numbers for the OM so they can get their bonus that you won’t see any of Impossible to get raises without playing favorites with the boss. UNSAFE WORKING JOB SITES I could go on and on

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 10, 2022 - Marketing Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The flexible schedule, the travel, the money

Cons

The hours, the no's, the double standards, male dominated

8. 5.0

Great job

Jun 6, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

N/a great job love it

Cons

None at all love it

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

They do not value their employees

May 31, 2022 - CAD Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is quite successful and remote work was available.

Cons

The company very rarely rewarded nearly 200% productivity that my teammates and I put forward, neither did they accept constructive feedback. Instead, it felt as though they constantly asked us to work even harder.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't fall into their trap

Jun 15, 2022 - First Response Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay has always been really well working for them. There are a ton of opportunities for growth and movement within the company.

Cons

HR does not take employee's concerns seriously. Many things happened here that were reported to HR but they never took the major concerns seriously. One employee called a black employee the N word. This was done with a harsh R at the end. This same employee continued harassing all employees throughout the department and even pulled a six inch knife on three women. After that incident the manager still wanted to take proper steps in reporting to HR, luckily their boss contacted the police immediately for an escort of the property. These major concerns are not the only things that happened to me while at this company. After having a really hard time with a micro managing manager I confronted them with my concerns. They told the department manager and immediately pinned me to a corner and verbally abused me in their office. To give you more of what was going on, I was a top tier employee well trusted and loved in the department. I am friendly and always make a name for myself as a hard working individual. I still have PTSD when my managers pull me in wanting to speak with me. There is no winning at this company. All departments have their issues that no one felt would ever be resolved. This was years ago and all I can hope for is that those issues have been resolved with the new CEO and Owners under Sunrun.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 880 Reviews
</>Embed

Vivint Solar Reviews FAQs

Vivint Solar has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 963 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at Vivint Solar to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Vivint Solar employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Vivint Solar. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

56% of Vivint Solar employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vivint Solar 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Vivint Solar to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Vivint Solar Job Seekers