Vivint Solar Employee Reviews about "vivint solar"

Updated Dec 10, 2020

3.4
Vivint Solar CEO David Bywater  (no image)
David Bywater
Pros
  • "Free lunch from onsite cafeteria(in 61 reviews)

• "VIVINT solar has figured out what it takes to be the top company in such a booming industry(in 52 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Depends too heavily on door-to-door sales(in 35 reviews)

• "Should have applied sooner with Vivint Solar and share more time with them(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "vivint solar"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Place to Work!!

Jun 10, 2019 - Field Service Technician in Fresno, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They provide all the tools to be successful in role and treat everyone like family.

Cons

Should have applied sooner with Vivint Solar and share more time with them.

2. 4.0

Great Company and Great People

Dec 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy the atmosphere at Vivint Solar. Everyone is kind and working towards a common goal. We all understand the need for solar and are working to make things easier. Ideas are discussed openly as we seek the most efficient way to support our customers.

Cons

I haven't been able to achieve a level of pay that is fitting for the quality of work I have performed for the past year.

3. 1.0

Does Not Care About Employees

Mar 17, 2020 - Installer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get free clothing for work.

Cons

With Covid-19 going around the United States, a lot of business' are making it a priority to take care of their employees, making sure they receive paid time off if they are sick, or if they are closing down their shops, they pay them for the time they are closed down. Vivint Solar on the other hand, with their stocks actually gaining is making employees use their PTO if they are sick, and if they are sick and do not have PTO they have to take time off -unpaid. I find this very dis-concerning since PTO is built up by your time there and shared with sick leave and vacation, they are not separate. The whole country is in a state of panic and people still need to survive if something happens. I wish that Vivint Solar would show more appreciation to their employees.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

Great culture

Jun 26, 2019 - Inside Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the culture at Vivint Solar, management is amazing and everyone here has each other’s back.

Cons

None, I have loved working here.

5. 5.0

AWESOME COMPANY!

Jun 4, 2019 - Regional Recruiter in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Vivint Solar. Is I write this review it is my last day here and I am genuinely sad to leave. I was happy here and not looking for a new job but a past employer reached out with an opportunity I couldnt turn down or I would happily stay at Vivint Solar. Strongly recommend to anyone considering a position here.

Cons

The food isnt always the best but still good

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Career Ever

Jun 4, 2019 - Senior Manager, Quality Assurance in Remote, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Vivint Solar has provided me with the singular best career experience I have ever had. The trajectory I have followed with Vivint has been nothing short of life changing, built on mutual trust and willingness to have been granted and accepted more responsibility. Managing the Quality program since its inception has provided me the opportunity of a lifetime. The standards we have set within Vivint has created the litmus with which all other solar companies hope to achieve. Our mission statement, core values, and culture are among the best in any company and coupled with the growth of the industry I feel Vivint offers the best opportunity for employment that any blue or white collar person could wish for.

Cons

I have no cons... You get what you put in.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

More than a company...More like a Family

Jun 5, 2019 - Operations Manager in Albuquerque, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Vivint Solar cares about its employees. When I was in a horrible car accident. Vivint was there to help me get through this situation. They have stayed by my side while my daughter fights through a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). They found a position for me while I was needing to be closer to home and allowed me to move up the ladder even though this situation halted me for a few weeks. Vivint solar cares about the employees. Vivint may lose site of customer satisfaction, but will quickly get back to focusing on the customer.

Cons

Work load sometimes interferes with customer focus. The customer should always be the main focus with every decision made. We get so caught up in quota, that the job is the focus and not customer satisfaction.

8. 5.0

Great people, great company

Apr 28, 2019 - Manager - Projects in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Vivint Solar is a great company. The people I work with make this a great experience. The unlimited paid time off and free lunches a huge plus. Vivint Solar seems open to feedback and my first year here has been a good move.

Cons

There are not many cons. Because it is a newer company and industry, it feels like a startup and we are inventing processes. This means it can feel chaotic at times.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company that feels like family

Mar 2, 2019 - Sales Manager in Chicopee, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started at Vivint Solar in 2014 and worked in MA, CA, and UT. I left them in March of 2018 and only then realized just how unique their culture is. I came back in February of 2019. It really feels like family and they are really good at making the job fun. I have won all sorts of cool things from love sacs to drones. The pay is competitive with everyone else and the new residual pay is actually pretty ingenious. On the selling side, it helps the salesman keep high volume and provides some security in pay with a 100% commission job. On the company side, it helps the company with their cash flow cycle and other metrics important to shareholders. So both side benefits from it.

Cons

Vivint is a high volume company, which means that they have problems that occur from that scale. It has slowly gotten better over the years but to summarize: Sometimes there is an excessive amount of corporate red tape, I have had some accounts with close to 100 emails back and forth between different departments trying to resolve an issue. Basically, if an account needs anything unique, it will get stuck because the agents at corp are not empowered to move it forward.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Leadership development is the key to finding the future of Vivint Solar.

Mar 5, 2019 - Sales in Stoneham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The district managers at Vivint Solar will help you develop your leadership skills and help you to reach your true potential. Culturally, the company is all about togetherness.

Cons

You will have to make sacrifices to make it work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 English Reviews