Vodafone Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 24, 2017
2,750 reviews

Full-time Part-time

2,750 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • great work life balance for uni students (in 153 reviews)

• Great Working Environment & Location (Great network structure with M50 / Luas / Dublin Bus) (in 230 reviews)

Cons
  • the industry of telecommunication is very challenging so almost all the work is urgent and important that may cause people to lose work/life balance (in 128 reviews)

• No work life balance , tremendous peer pressure (in 35 reviews)

1. "Data analyst"

Pros

Benefits were good. Time off for work life balance was good.

Cons

Management is extremely unprofessional and only focused on their needs

Advice to Management

Work together and look at the bigger picture as a large team instead of smaller individual ones

"Finance Head"

Pros

Solid financially, operates in different markets, good industry, good brand, location ok, technology sector, does well in emerging markets

Cons

Not focused on employees, political environment, hires and fires, metrics more important than operational results, constant reorg and changes, no stability

"Vodafone Americas is disorganized and you will be overlooked/laid off if you're not working in the NYC HQ"

I worked at Vodafone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were great people to work with. Mobility to work from home when needed.

Cons

Our entire office closed and most of the staff was laid off, including myself. If you're not working/located in the NYC HQ office or around the NYC metro to pop into the HQ once and awhile to show your face, management will ignore you. NYC HQ is trying to consolidate a lot of the core corporate positions to be located in the NYC office. The yearly performance reviews are a joke, disorganized, and don't have any real value. There's no real work/life balance. It seems like I was always working in the evenings and on weekends like many of my colleagues. High turnover across the entire company. No real guidance or orientation on how to access systems or applications to do your job when I started or while I was working there.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees. You preach work/life balance, but take no real action. Reevaluate the performance reviews to actually mean something to employees. Listen to employees.

5. "Sales"

I have been working at Vodafone full-time

Pros

Very people-oriented, great benefits, lots of energy and the ability to shape your role. If well connected internally, you can run with ideas and exert influence.

Cons

Short on leadership and decision-making; overly dependent on broken processes; can change direction on a dime without allowing initiatives time to bed in.

"Business Change Manager"

Pros

Flexible work environment, positive people focus, start up feel, and the benefits (including maternity leave) are some of the best in the marketplace

Cons

Politics and relationships may drive decisions, there are different operating models for customers or by region

Advice to Management

I would continue to focus on investing in the people, but drive standardization across the operating model.

7. "Young workforce but lots of external pressures"

I have been working at Vodafone (More than 5 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged
    Young workforce

Cons

Very busy
    A lot of pressure to drive costs down leading to burn out as people are shouldered with work of more than one person
    Over reliance on email

8. "Great Benefits, Inconsistent Management"

I have been working at Vodafone full-time

Pros

The benefits are top notch, with generous vacation time and a superior maternity leave policy. The personnel are among the most dedicated I've seen and there is a strong sense of community.

Cons

Management and department structural changes occur frequently, leading to constant shifts in business focus and unnecessary process alterations, taking attention away from the work at hand.

Advice to Management

Place an increased focus on ensuring the actual work required that delivers results is completed, rather than emphasising the frequently time wasting reporting that says the work is getting done

"Network Engineer"

I worked at Vodafone full-time

Pros

Good place to learn and excel our skills.Great support from management. Can reach higher levels in shortest time.

Cons

night shifts may feel terrible sometimes. Pressure from the customer is high when we are in support level.

10. "Company"

I have been working at Vodafone full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Very family oriented and offer great career movement and chances for promotions.

Cons

Doesn't give employees proper raises when getting promoted to the next level

Advice to Management

As you have been doing, continue to show the employees your vision for where the US company is going over the next few years.

11. "senior business analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I worked at Vodafone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working in a global company is a benefit

Cons

late working hours and competition

Advice to Management

late working hours must be handled

Showing 2,750 of 2,955 reviews