VoiceNation Reviews | Glassdoor

Jay Reeder

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I'm Very Satisfied"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buford, GA

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    Stocked Kitchen
    Personal and Team Growth Classes
    Encouragement
    Pushes you to be great

Cons

Every company has space for improvement. No such thing as highlighting a con that's simple enough to change in due time. That's just not my thing. Plus Jay, Eric and all the others are pretty cool.

Advice to Management

The only advice I will give to management is to keep striving for greatness. While everyone may not agree with certain tactics, change seekers will appreciate this company for what is taught in being grateful. Thank you. My morals have officially elevated to a level 12.

Aug 7, 2017 – Staffing Coordinator & Culture Coach

Thank you so much for your review! We want to make sure that each and every employee not only grows professionally but personally! We are so glad that you are a part of the Team!

2. "Poor video managrment"

Pros

Great people, free food and free food

Cons

The culture of voicenation is great, and represents excellence through all its staff.
    The video department is unstable, confused on what direction to take, and constantly all over the place. The Management under the video department is horrible, very unprofessional, and if you as an editor want to use your own creativity, you can forget it. In the video department, as an assistant, you are the ginnypig.
    The Supervisor is only a dictator and doesn't want to see the full potential in someone.
    If you are looking to take leadership and be proud of your own work, I recommend working at an actual video production company and not under one person that only knows how to dictate with a strong high, over the top ego.

Advice to Management

Learn to work with your editors, you don't know everything, if anything, you can learn more editing skills and creativity. Learn to give constructive critism and stop with the favoritism. Learn that everyone is different and each had a talent that is beyond comparison.
    Take management classes or get advice from an actual manager that can help touch up you supervisor skills.

3. "VoiceNation has more pros than cons..."

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Buford, GA

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management truly cares to make the culture and environment positive. One of the ways this is shown is by staff development time and I think it's such a great tool to help not only the culture but also grow individuals. The idea of family is something the company wants to incorporate into the culture. I've never known a company that spends so much money on "spoiling" their staff.

Cons

The company changes a lot. You never really know exactly what is going to happen next.

4. "A Good Company"

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a very fun environment. They are always finding creative ways to break up the mundane day-to-day activities and encourage employees to have fun. Mostly everyone is friendly. Management is very approachable and easy to get along with. The free food is a nice benefit. It is not a perfect company, but they are always looking for ways to improve which is encouraging for employees. Management also works with employees and provides them with the training and resources to make them better. Pay is good.

Cons

The biggest con is that everything is done haphazardly. The company is constantly changing directions which can be confusing and frustrating. There is also poor inter-departmental communication which creates a lot of confusion. The benefits could use some updating.

Advice to Management

The company needs to choose a overall mission and stick to it. The mission should be the filter through which all decisions have to go through.

5. "A CRAZY GOOD COMPANY!!!"

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the day I interviewed with VoiceNation, it was a different experience unlike any other. The way VoiceNation hires, trains, and works with employees, clients, other companies customer's, etc is the best I have ever encountered. I have been working with VoiceNation for a little over a year now, and I have had the opportunity to grow in my personal work skills, and well as in my personal life. This company is serious about going above and beyond to be the best in the industry and they have a solid company structure to do just that. If you want to work with some awesome people and continue to grow with where this industry is now and is advancing into the future, then this the place to be, participate, engage, and make it happen. It truly is an amazing company of people doing good works for others!

Cons

Seems like in life there are always "cons"... things that need to be sacrificed in order to do what is needed, HOWEVER, this "con" is a trade off for me! I once had a crazy dream of wanting to have days off during the week, work full time, and still be able to enjoy having weekends off too... well this is EXACTLY what I receive with my work schedule here at VoiceNation! I am blessed with a full-time schedule, every week. I have been given a day off during the week, and every other weekend I have off. So the "con" is that I have to give up every other weekend to work, and it works out that I then have a week day off during the week, and for me that works perfectly! As I have said many times, this is my DREAM job!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, because you are excellent at it! I have honor and respect for the business that VoiceNation is today, and for what VoiceNation continues to expand to be into the future. I also appreciate and am so thankful for all the ways that VoiceNation as a company benefits our local community and businesses, and that it also makes a beneficial difference in helping the communities and businesses across the United States. I have found that working with VoiceNation also brings many benefits to the employees that go beyond the basic pay compensation, and insurance etc that an employee would have with any company that one can work for, this benefit is that VoiceNation invests in their people and they know how to show it! Thank you for your heart of kindness and compassion for excellence that has deep roots and loads of fruit! May you continue to grow and prosper because this is a very good business!

Mar 21, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you so much for the review and encouragement. We are a bit different...and we like that! Our goal is to take care of the employees the best we can. We know if we take care of the employees, the... More

"Great company that sees the bigger picture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The #1 thing is the heart of the CEO and company. They genuinely want to help and serve people - team members, employees, communities, and nations. It is a very fast-paced, energetic environment. Very uplifting and encouraging. They focus a lot of staff development, not only at the job skills level but also on the personal level. Employees are challenged to never stop growing, training, or expanding their abilities. The culture is a major part of the business and they do a good job of protecting the culture since it is so important. While it is a very fast-paced, busy environment, they hold true to the principle of work-life balance and strive to protect that for the employees.

Cons

The benefits are the only thing that I have seen that I would even consider close to being a "con". They are not bad in this day and age, but it would be nice to have a greater depth of health benefits available. They offer health insurance and AFLAC (multiple types and offerings). The vacation policy is a little different, but after your first year, you will be in a good spot. It is just getting through that first year.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the vacation policy, especially for the first year employees. Also, look to offer a wider range of benefits such as dental, vision, long-term disability and possibly a retirement offering. Both fo these will add to the level and quality of candidates that will be applying for positions in the future.

Jan 26, 2016 – Staffing Coordinator & Culture Coach

Thank you for your review. As a "People Growth Company", we do genuinely want to help people be better in all areas, not just professionally. We know that if a person is growing in all areas of their... More

"Not for everyone"

I worked at VoiceNation full-time

Pros

Simple mindless work. Management is easy to get along with, as long as you tell them what they want to hear and go along with their "Christian" world view.
    The more you lie to them the easier it is.

Cons

Pretty much the same as the Pros.
    This is a job, not a career, they tell you team building and work to better yourself are a key focus, but it all really goes back to making the management feel good about themselves. Again, as long as you are comfortable going along with their outlook or like most people just act like you are into it.

Advice to Management

Lay off the Christianity, it is a business, not a church. People are there to make money not choices about the afterlife. It is not your place to ask those questions or bring up the discussion.

Jan 26, 2016 – Staffing Coordinator & Culture Coach

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review to us. It is never anyone's intention here at VoiceNation, especially in management, to lay out a specific belief system. We have a variety of... More

"They cover up their flaws with good reviews"

Current Employee - Manager in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Buford, GA

I have been working at VoiceNation (More than a year)

Pros

They have free food for staff

Cons

Vacation is a joke. They tell you to come to work in ice storms and whenever someone writes a negative review they try to get staff to save the day and write good ones to keep up their image

Advice to Management

Just stop being dishonest. Its simple. Treat people like they want to be treated, not like you know what's best for the the. Also, stop getting the staff that kisses up to write the good reviews...there's a clear difference in how people feel and the bridge between the gap in your positive reviews is obviously rehearsed.

Jan 26, 2016 – Staffing Coordinator & Culture Coach

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. We do enjoy having a kitchen stocked full of food for our employees, as well as other employee-focused benefits. We are continuously... More

"Don't waste your time"

I worked at VoiceNation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to meet new people

Cons

Constant changes in upper management and job protocol
    Poor pay
    Poor training
    No respect from anyone in the company

Jan 26, 2016 – Staffing Coordinator & Culture Coach

Thank you for your feedback. As a "People Growth Company" people are our #1 priority, so we are glad you got to meet new people within the business. We also understand that our business is not for... More

10. "They say 9 out of 10 customers will simply cancel and never say a word..."

I have been working at VoiceNation full-time

Pros

I'm pretty sure this is how these review sites work. It's just like when someone writes a bad review on a restaurant the one time out of ten you get a bad server. Most people don't take the time to write a review until they want to vent.

These reviews from people that are bashing VoiceNation and management hold about the same weight in my opinion. I've worked at the company for years and have been nothing but treated like family. The owners truly care about their staff and their growth and well being. I'm not sure many companies these days invest so much time in staff development that VoiceNation does. Or provide a fully stocked kitchen. And I mean stocked better than mine at home :)
    Or beg for more volunteers to attend local community volunteer events (ON THE CLOCK), Or one of the highest paying call center jobs you'll find. Or launch a non profit to help ex inmates get back on their feet with job/life skills. These must be terrible people.

Yeah, they hold you accountable to do your job and expect excellence. What's so mean about that?

My advice is...Don't take these bad reviews too seriously.

Compared to other jobs I've held, this company is an AWESOME place to work. The bad reviews on here are more out of anger for their own failures on the job and inability to be accountable for their mistakes.

Cons

Nothing too crazy. Keeping up with fast growth always creates growing pains with customer service and other problems. Maybe hire more people to keep up with the growth in customer base.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. The Staff Development program, Employee Volunteer Ops and overall environment is rare to find these days.

Jan 26, 2016 – Staffing Coordinator & Culture Coach

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and write this review. We appreciate your honesty and insight. With an intense focus on and mission to grow/develop people, we do strive to... More