Volkswagen Group of America Reviews
65% would recommend to a friend
(597 total reviews)
84% approve of CEO
Found 597 of over 781 reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good benefits and flexible with vacation." (in 71 reviews)
- "Good pay for assigned role" (in 48 reviews)
- "The people are great and they care about their workers." (in 41 reviews)
- "Diverse work environment" (in 16 reviews)
- "I worked for the Libertyville location and the team there is great with a great cohesive environment." (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Volkswagen Group of America and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 20, 2023Measurement SPC SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsChattanooga, TN
Pays well, good insurance, and awesome bonuses
Very repetitive work and definitely gets boring
- 4.0Oct 27, 2023Supplier Quality EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsChattanooga, TN
Pay, benefits, work/life balance, job security
Not much opportunity for advancement unless you are young and extremely motivated to advance
- 5.0Oct 22, 2023Brand Strategy ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHerndon, VA
Clear communication styles, black/white objectives, flexible WFH offerings, and compensation.
Not a top focus market for VW Global so throttled on opportunity/funding.
- 4.0Oct 10, 2023Regional Area ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
VGA is a great place to work work with excellent benefits. Plus they really understand work life balance.
There are limited number of permanent positions as a large number of employees are contractors.
- 4.0Aug 8, 2023Category ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChattanooga, TN
Job security and management seems to want to see improvement without causing too much stress. Progress is encouraged and management has your back when dealing with unruly business units outside of procurement.
Upward mobility can be slow and limited by cumbersome VW bureaucracy. Business units outside of department have little to no insight on what we do in our department and vice versa.
- 4.0Sep 26, 2023Buyer AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChattanooga, TN
Decent Pay, Hybrid position, and Chattanooga is a nice city.
No work life balance, takes many years to move up.
Volkswagen Group of America Reviews FAQs
Volkswagen Group of America has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 781 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Volkswagen Group of America to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
65% of Volkswagen Group of America employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Volkswagen Group of America 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.