Vology Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Vology CEO Barry Shevlin
Barry Shevlin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Vology is a fast-paced company where there are opportunities to be challenged as well as grow in my career (in 11 reviews)

• There is no dress code and the office environment itself is very very relaxed (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes morale can be low when the numbers are low, and people do fear being let go, but it's just like any other business (in 6 reviews)

• They make promises they can not keep to employees and are more concerned about being voted Top place to work then really being THE best place to work (in 4 reviews)

"Good place to work"

I have been working at Vology full-time

Pros

Located in Clearwater and close to home

Cons

People seem to be unhappy!

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Clearwater, SC
    Former Employee - Sales in Clearwater, SC

I worked at Vology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard working employees always here to help you.

Cons

Boiler room atmosphere, only way to make it here is if you know the right people. Not a real sales job and the commissions have heen cut to pay the brass higher salaries. Half of the company have either left or been axed in the past 8 months.

Advice to Management

Start reading glassdoor and listen to your employees.

"Not a best place to work anymore"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Vology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good food. Nice building, good people to work with but they are now leaving good benefits unfortunately there isn't anything left that's good

Cons

Can't keep up with the growth very little structure no vision no strategy people in wrong roles, money being spent in the wrong places. Leaders aren't qualified to be managers management training is being given by hr with no experience terrible culture. If you aren't on one side of the line you're out

Advice to Management

Vology should be challenged to address these reviews not gossip about them the favoritism is real.Have an open door policy not just the front door when your fired.care about your employees instead of firing them for no logical reason.simplify

"Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Vology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are friendly, good people. Great for someone fresh out of college with 0 sales experience.

Cons

The place is a complete joke nothing as advertised. Get ready to be micro-managed to the core. Managers walk around looking over your shoulder 24/7 and watch every dial you make, treat you like a child. GET READY TO SELL USED CISCO EQUIPMENT, damn near impossible to sell and you get a very low margin as you are only paid on gross profit. You won't make any commissions for a looong time, so get ready to live on whatever base salary they give you. If you don't sell within 3 months you will be FIRED. People get fired or quit on the sales team weekly, that's why they are always hiring. Need you to make as many phone calls as possible to sell used Cisco equipment, good luck!

Advice to Management

Stop being so metrix driven to the point you kill employee moral. We already aren't making much on salary, and you know commissions really won't happen for the first 15 months. Keep hiring people with no professional sales experience because no one who is truly qualified will stick around and sell used Cisco equipment over the phone for pennies.

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for providing your review. We appreciate and learn from any and all feedback.

"Opportunities given to unethical people"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Vology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a young company Vology takes chances on people and initiatives. If everything works out then those involved get to ride the sweet ride.

Cons

Instead of promoting some individuals to higher "titles" and bigger $, invest in their preparation so that they can lead the company and not experiment with it. How can you explain now that one of your top sellers was scamming clients. How did that person get so fortunate to be in charge of those accounts, how come others are still waiting for that golden coin.

Advice to Management

Invest in new blood.

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your input and learn each and every one.

"Executive"

I worked at Vology full-time

Pros

Size is large enough to demand respect for getting into accounts and for dealing with vendors

Cons

It's all about the money. The slightest dip in perceived performance could mean the "pink slip". When a lessor paid employee is thought to be capable of doing one's job then that could mean the "pink slip" !

"Odd Company"

I worked at Vology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you can sell, you are ok.

Cons

Don't make a mistake or you're done.
    They make you talk about your personal time/weekend information.

Advice to Management

Listen to all employees, not just sales.

"A Great- but possibly misunderstood - Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Vology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work at Vology are amazing. From HR to Sales and Operations, I got along with everyone and will be sad to leave them. Last year was a transition year so things changed and numbers may not have been where they wanted, but not every year is going to be stellar. It seems they are finding their groove and this year will be outstanding. I don't know why people bad-mouth the management on here. In three years I've had nothing but great managers and the executive team does care. They are just slammed and sometimes it's hard to get into see them. I'd much rather have busy people around me than those with too much time on their hands. Also, there's always great food around and beer on first Friday.

Cons

Sometimes morale can be low when the numbers are low, and people do fear being let go, but it's just like any other business. For the most part, employees are valued. This is where I feel comes the misunderstanding. We can't all be told we're A+ all of the time, but when it comes down to it the executive team, managers, and HR are pretty good to the people who work there.

Advice to Management

More communication.

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for providing your input on your experience working for Vology. We appreciate it.

9. "Focused on Excellence"

I have been working at Vology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Passionate people, flexible schedule, great culture. Vology isn't perfect, but they are one of the only companies I have worked for that takes a genuine approach to making things better every day for customers and employees alike. We work at a really fast pace here and things change quickly and frequently, that pace isn't for everyone but it creates A LOT of awesome opportunity for those of us who thrive in that type of environment. Senior leadership is really focused on aligning people and processes to set everyone up for success.

Cons

The happy employees don't come on Glass Door to talk about what a great organization it is. We exist, and we are not the minority!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people. It's refreshing to feel like your opinion matters and see change happen because of it.

"Don't pay attention to the haters"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Vology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is awesome and I've worked for both Enterprise and smaller comps before too. I see a lot of negative posts on here but most of those folks simply couldn't cut it in sales. It's not for everyone! If you're not willing to work hard to build a book of business or worried about how much vacation you get year one go work for $12-15HR somewhere else and good luck to you.

Cons

Consistent change but that is the IT Industry as a whole.

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on employment at Vology. We appreciate it!