Cover image for Volusion

Volusion

Is this your company?

Volusion

Add a Review

Volusion Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Jun 8, 2023

Tech

2849.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/technology

Got a burning question about Volusion? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Volusion employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "The people are great and it is what made you want to come to work every day.(in 46 reviews)
  • "Good culture, with an HR department that makes efforts to compensate for the terrible work environment(in 22 reviews)
  • "They offered reasonably good benefits for an hourly employee(in 16 reviews)
  • "They have free food all the time as well as other free snack type items in the office.(in 14 reviews)
  • "My coworkers are great and we all care about our mission as well as our clients.(in 10 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of Volusion and is not affected by filters.

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Mar 25, 2014
      Client Services
      Former Employee, less than 1 year
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, opportunity to learn important and useful skill set, cool co-workers

Cons

Feels like they're trying too hard to relate to millenials with nerf guns in the office all the time, beer on Fridays, foosball, any game console you could think of and wings, queso and tacos the frequent free food it often felt like I was working in a never ending frat party. This made it hard to get work done and everyone spoke of the 'Volusion 15' you gain when you start working there. It also often felt like they were 'paying' you with these culture perks instead of financially rewarding employees. Trying to go public sometime soon so working employees hard for less in order to increase profitability Not flexible with hours, if you take an hour for lunch or doctor appointment you have to stay an extra hour. 8 hours required, no negotiating.

Jan 12, 2017
        Current Employee
        Business Outlook

Pros

-great people -free snacks and sodas -bring your dog to work fridays -things are getting better and moving in the right direction

Cons

-difficult to move up -pay is lower than desired

2. Join the Volusion team
        See Our Latest Jobs
          Nov 16, 2017
          Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment, good work balance, great managers

Cons

Not a competitive pay

1. 2.0
            Jun 20, 2015
            Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and laid back work environment, good perks, 4 weeks of paid time off a year. Good director in CE department.

Cons

Low pay overall and minimal raises if any. There is a very high turnover rate which can lead to poor customer experiences as new reps have little job knowledge. There is a strong focus on numbers as the call center is minimally staffed (in other words, high wait times for customers and a heavy focus on cranking out calls, sometimes at the expense of top quality service). Very little feedback for team leaders. Leads are expected to have regular meetings with their direct reports, but rarely get any coaching or guidance from senior managers.

Jun 4, 2015
              Support Concierge
              Business Outlook

Pros

They have free food all the time as well as other free snack type items in the office. They don't really take themselves seriously so it is a care free and fun environment most of the time. Thats about it.....

Cons

Well where should I start? I worked for Volusion for three years and only moved up a dollar in pay while yet consistently being a top performer. Like others said here there is no incentives/pay raises (EVER) and the management is a joke. This place tries to have fun and play office games and ride scooters all over the place and emulate what I would imagine what a Google office would look like, yet they are NOWHERE near where Google is. I am absolutely certain that when real companies like Google were in the beginning phases they were getting at it and busting their butts, not running around on scooters and rolling pigs around. I remember a conversation I had with a member of upper level management about the fact that I was continually passed over for raises/promotions when I was consistently one of the top performers, and discussing how that there was really no incentive for me to excel there and if it would be acceptable to just perform at the same level as the others there since they made the same amount as I did and I was clearly not going anywhere. His response was 'well when you came to work here you agreed to give your 100% and if your numbers went down we would have to talk to you about your performance.' Essentially saying that I would be punished for not covering everyone elses workload while they surfed facebook and barely met the minimum daily requirements for contacts. Oh and in that same conversation I was told one of the reasons I was passed up for promotion was because I was not 'social enough' and that I didn't participate in enough of the office activities. Well the issue with that is that at that time they actually had a contest going based on contacts and taking time off of the computers while doing literally the ONLY thing that may get me any kind of extra money out of this place was really not a smart thing to do in my book.

Mar 2, 2017
                Support Concierge
                Former Employee, less than 1 year
                Business Outlook

Pros

It's a job They have snacks There is a game room

Cons

Really low pay No benefits for your first 5-or-so months No chance to get to know anybody you work with (because you're always on the phone) Company does not find it beneficial to focus on keeping support people, and instead accepts that they will have a high rate of turnover, so they don't do anything to make support 'concierges' happy

All full time Volusion employees are eligible to enroll in benefits starting on day one of employment. Part time employees are ineligible for benefits. The Support Concierge role’s current incarnation is Ecommerce Support Specialist; this role has multiple tracks for career growth based on performance. Additionally, management strives to maintain an engaging environment. The Customer Experience team has a dedicated Engagement Coordinator who focuses on creating fun events and activities specifically for Ecommerce Support Specialists.

1. 2.0
                  May 11, 2023
                  Current Employee, more than 1 year
                  Business Outlook

Pros

There are some great perks and benefits

Cons

They pay the bare minimum and expect you to pick up the workload of whoever they decide to lay off that quarter.

Thank you for your review. At Volusion, we work hard to foster a great work environment where everyone feels welcome and excited to grow within the company. Work/Life balance is an important part of our Culture thus we provide flexible options for our employees to take time off as needed while balancing support for our customers. Our primary goal is to help founders—both outside and within Volusion—succeed, learn, and grow. Continuous learning is the concept of consistently expanding your knowledge to gain new skills and expertise. Volusion’s Professional Developmental Process provides access to courses, certifications, and other continuous learning resources for Volusion employees. This approach to professional development is vital to executing organizational goals and staying competitive in the ecommerce industry.

Dec 30, 2014
                    Sales Representative
                    Current Employee, more than 1 year
                    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro I would say to working here is that you learn to deal with extreme micromanagement which is helpful because it will make your your next job that much better. The HR girls do a good job of making events too so that the whole team can get together and play games or eat some wings and drink some beer. But these pros you can get at any start up company and to be completely frank, they do not make up for the cons. It is also a pretty easy sales gig if you are just starting our your career.

Cons

Don't work here. The pay is way lower than what a decent salesperson can make elsewhere in Austin. I have watched all my friends come in, realize what this place is, and then leave. Management makes you feel guilty any time you want to take a day off, the one time I asked to take some days off for vacation with family, I was given so much push back that I almost flat out didn't go even though I earned that time off. There is only one decent sales manager there and he is the youngest of them all which says a lot about the rest of the higher ups. Managers will look through their employees laptops to see if they are talking badly about them or their job on our instant message system, what is this middle school? This place is miserable and I am on my way out thankfully. I would not recommend this place to anyone with even an ounce of sales talent, take your skills and go somewhere that you will not be treated like a child and paid terribly.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the perks during your time with Volusion – a fun, laid-back environment certainly helps alleviate every day work pressures. It is disappointing to learn you had negative experiences with management. With regular check-ins, anonymous surveys, and employee feedback, we are able to address any issues between management and their reports. In addition, I hope every employee feels comfortable enough to discuss any of these issues with their department head. Providing competitive salaries is a priority at Volusion, and we are continually evaluating to ensure every high performing employee is valued and compensated fairly.

1. 3.0
                      Sep 18, 2015
                      Current Employee
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice perks like beer Friday, free ice cream, casual dress code! Some of the most fun and brilliant people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Low pay and feeling under valued. I have worked here for three years, and it does seem to be a bit of a revolving door.

Mar 2, 2018
                        Marketing
                        Former Employee, more than 3 years
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Fun company culture I worked with an amazing team of talented people Free snacks and occasional catered lunch

Cons

Pay was not very competitive They were weird about titles Advancement seemed out of reach

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Popular Careers with Volusion Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

IRI

Has anyone successfully moved from vendor to manufacturer without prior manufacturer experience? How did you sell yourself? What were your reasons for switching? Thank you!

0 Comments

Accountant

I'm currently in a job (< 3 months) that I plan on leaving out (background, resume, mentions during interview) but one common question is "when can you start?" I don't want to tell them about my 90-day stay (very toxic, looking for an out), but don't want to find myself in a bind down the road either (picked up by background check, needing extra time to start so I can give my 2 weeks, etc.) My prior job was 9 months long and don't want to be a job hopper either so a little stuck here.

3 Comments

QC Specialist II

When someone says “We are eager to fill this position, we have no timeline but it should not drag out,” what are the chances I’m selected? This was at the third round interview, last Tue (5d ago) when I was told I should hear from HR next. The job was posted 30+ days ago. I applied for it on 10/22 and the interview process started 11/6 with an HR screening phone call.

2 Comments

Glassdoor has 318 Volusion reviews submitted anonymously by Volusion employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Volusion is right for you.