Cover image for Volusion

Volusion

Engaged Employer

Volusion

Add a Review

Volusion Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jun 8, 2023

Tech

2319.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/technology

Got a burning question about Volusion? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Volusion employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "The people are great and it is what made you want to come to work every day.(in 49 reviews)
  • "The people and the culture are great.(in 25 reviews)
  • "They offered reasonably good benefits for an hourly employee(in 16 reviews)
  • "They have free food all the time as well as other free snack type items in the office.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Snacks, dogs, Taco Fridays, unlimited PTO(in 10 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Volusion and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Sep 14, 2016
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Austin, TX
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

- People and Culture (H.R.) really seems to care about employee happiness. - Management appears to be listening and responding to quarterly happiness surveys. - The product development team for the flagship product is starting to leverage newer technologies. - Overall environment/mood has improved since the former CEO left and the founder returned as leader. - Developers are given weekly hack time and have excellent opportunities to add to their skills. - Management invests in their employees. Hardware and software are kept current, for the most part. - Work-life balance seems to be fine. I can put in an 8-9 hour day and feel like I can leave the office and give 100% of my attention to my family and hobbies. - Flexible PTO is pretty great!

Cons

Towards the end of 2015, the ex-CEO had become seemingly belligerent. Stories of him berating employees weren't uncommon, and firings seemed to happen on a whim. That has changed now for the most part, but from all appearances, executives are struggling with respect to the company's direction. Priorities seem to shift frequently, and there have been several organization-wide and departmental restructurings over the past half-year. It's almost as if upper management is experimenting to see what 'sticks.' Over the past few weeks, that shuffling has subsided, though I'm not convinced that that we've seen the last of it. The company is currently rolling out a paint job to the administrative section of the software that merchants use daily, but it's not being received well by the merchants. This is perhaps the most aggravating issue at the moment as it's putting a strain on the developers. Also, from what I've heard, developers are answering customer complaints on a UserVoice forum. Most developers I know aren't interested in corresponding with disgruntled customers. I'd discard that practice unless you're passive-aggressively trying to run off developers.

1. 3.0
        Jul 22, 2020
        Enterprise Account Manager
        Current Employee, more than 1 year
        Austin, TX
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with and an awesome office.

Cons

Very poor upper management. They tend to make stupid decisions and punish their employees for it.

2. Join the Volusion team

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

193.5K

Project Manager

I interviewed with a company (2 interviews of 1h each) more than 15 days ago. In the company's portal my application shows as "in progress" and I haven't heard back from anyone (HR or interviewers). Is this normal?

0 Comments

Manager

When sending a post interview follow up email to a hiring manager, is it appropriate to address the manager by first name, or is it more appropriate to use Mr. or Ms. X (assuming they have not invited you to address them informally and that their gender identity is clear)

1 Comment

Leah Johnson

How do i phrase it on an interview why I'm leaving my current employer after only 4mos due to not being comfortable with the company ethics on how they handle some things? The only reason I am mentioning my current employer on my resume is I want to apply for the same position at a competitor I know is more ethical (confirmed by employees). I don't have much background in this position so I feel putting it down is important when I normally would not for positions held for less than 6 months.

1 Comment

Glassdoor has 318 Volusion reviews submitted anonymously by Volusion employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Volusion is right for you.