The latest conversations about Tech
Got a burning question about Volusion? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Volusion employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and it is what made you want to come to work every day." (in 49 reviews)
- "The people and the culture are great." (in 25 reviews)
- "They offered reasonably good benefits for an hourly employee" (in 16 reviews)
- "They have free food all the time as well as other free snack type items in the office." (in 15 reviews)
- "Snacks, dogs, Taco Fridays, unlimited PTO" (in 10 reviews)
- "speaking with angry customers, low pay" (in 21 reviews)
- "The pay rate wasn't competitive, the office politics were apparent, and the leadership never seemed to be able to keep morale up." (in 16 reviews)
- "management, HR, and execs could care less about you." (in 14 reviews)
- "Upper management is completely absurd." (in 12 reviews)
- "This place was run by not at all experienced managers." (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Volusion and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 25 of over 318 reviews
Updated Jun 8, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Oct 17, 2014Front End DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I am going on two years here at Volusion. While each department has its ups and downs and growing pains, each of the employees here feel like family. Hard work is always rewarded and managers are good at ramping up team members. The vibe is positive and laid back. Management has a very human feel to it - they value your feedback and criticism. They are always sending out happiness surveys and most often implement suggestions and changes brought up by employees. You can tell they really care about their employees and value happiness and a healthy work/life balance over the company's bottom line. I've worked for lots of other companies who didn't make this a priority and I was a miserable wreck. It is such a joy to come to work and put out a great product for a company that truly values its members instead of feeling like we're a part of a big machine. The leadership here has great vision for the company and they are making excellent strides in keeping competitive in the market. Lots of perks like Beer Fridays, Bring your Dog to Work days, chair massages, bingo swag prizes, free ice cream, free yoga and fitness classes, work from home for qualified employees, referral bonuses, free educational classes and conferences (like An Event Apart, SXSW, DrupalCon, etc), healthcare on day ONE and a generous 401(k). HR (People and Culture Team) is always on the ball, making sure our needs are met. They go a step above and beyond with fun company outings, parties, events, celebrations and team building events that boost morale.
The salary is slightly under what the market currently offers for some positions. However, there are often bonuses and other perks that help make up the difference. The company isn't perfect and at times they have pushed out lower-quality product updates to meet arbitrary deadlines. On a positive note, the backlash we experienced as a result of this has forced us to put better measures in place and I believe many of our services are more improved now for the lessons learned. The company is divided between two buildings, mostly due to the explosive growth we've experienced in the last two years. This puts a strain on some teams who are split up and are still expected to work together.
- 4.0Feb 22, 2021Software DeveloperFormer Employee
Volusion hires many great people which leads to a great culture. They are very flexible and have a great work/life balance.
Not very focused on career growth