Vonage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Alan Masarek

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is rarely any room for advancement (in 7 reviews)

• because of their obsolete call center metrics system, several people straight up quit (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growth & Transformation Creates Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at Vonage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work is challenging but extremely rewarding
    Beautiful campus with volleyball/tennis court and bikes
    Great benefits and ability to balance work/life
    Room for growth - I moved into a new position after being here 1.5 years
    Corporate understands what's necessary to win in their markets
    CEO is intelligent and has a clear vision for the future
    Culture/values are going positive direction

Right now is the best time to join Vonage because it's an opportunity to be part of an organization that will be a leader in the industry.

Cons

Headquarter location is a challenge - need to better promote brand awareness in order to attract young/tech savvy talents

Advice to Management

Visit other office locations more and listen to what they have to say

2. "The worst job I ever had!!!!!!! Stay away"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

I am really trying to list something here but it's not coming easy. My colleagues where nice and the events where fun. "Free" lunches (but you it counted as pay at the end of the year. I would have rather had the money and packed lunch). There was really nothing that would be consider a Pro. Wait working at Vonage made me realize how bad a job can be and helped me appreciate my present and past jobs a lot more.

Cons

Vonage is consistent in their method of business. They lie to their customers, employees, and share holders. It is a very poor attempt at running a business. Silverline or who ever gave them that loan in November of 08'. Should be a poster child for our failing finical system. The CEO of Vonage is a crook and he molded Vonage in his image. Check the BBB to and look at the number of complaints. It is a fly by night company that has been in a nose dive longer than anyone could have ever expected. Bitter very much so but I am speaking the truth. Would rather flip burgers then work for Vonage (seriously).

Advice to Management

Look for new management.

3. "Run and don't look back ..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

I did get a paycheck and was able to eat and keep a roof over my head at the same time. I was very glad to have a job in these economic times.

Cons

Vonage is just a very bad environment to work within, PERIOD. The company breeds negativity and complacency. There is no professional track for growth. Management doesn't know up from down. Agents are the backbone of the business, but they ALWAYS get the short end of the stick. Not a good place to work, even on a part-time basis.

Advice to Management

The people hired with authority to make change, should also have a double dose of integrity.

4. "Think twice about working here."

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Holmdel, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

The salary has been steady, and they give decent bonuses.

Cons

No appreciation for work done.
    No communication or input on software development deadlines.
    Very little advancement based on technical skill.
    If you're the kind of person who sends emails to show you're working instead of cutting code, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

The leadership at the director and technical manager level needs a serious overhaul.

"NEVER AGAIN!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Holmdel, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

free food, clean toilets, plenty of parking and friendly staff.

Cons

It’s beautiful on the outside and smells like dirty laundry inside. You have to work as a poly-lingual therapist to succeed at Vonage, if you sign up for any kind of phone-support position. The place is a huge revolving door. There is no real HR. They measure employee performance by analyzing the fake surveys they receive from their customers. The management gets paid to act like they care. THEY DO NOT DRUG TEST. Great clean toilets and they hand you 5$ for lunch. Sticking your head in the wall for $14.99 plus tax sounds good at Vonage.

Advice to Management

LEARN HOW TO MANAGE AND DEVELOP SOFTWARE THAT WORKS. ENGLISH IS A BIG PLUS.

"Sad unethical company with terrible management"

I worked at Vonage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice location and facility. decent benefits

Cons

executives from the top down are unethical and run the business in that way

"A company run on wishful thinking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at Vonage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A cafe inside the building. Pay is decent.

Cons

Long term success at Vonage requires learning how to blame someone else for your problems. This is mostly done through lying and intimidation. The longer you stay there, the more you realize that your time will eventually run out, as someone else will eventually do you in. All decision-making appears to be based on wishful thinking; hope overrides fact. When projects fail, the failure is often redefined as success, ensuring that those in charge continue to be covered in glory.

Advice to Management

Jettison all middle management; establish control over IT contractors. Upper management appear to be decent business people but are technically clueless, so they cannot tell when middle management misleads, which is often.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at Vonage full-time

Pros

Had Benefits
    Food was pretty good
    Exercise room was also pretty good

Cons

Time was so tightly monitored you needed manager permission to go to the bathroom
    Time kept getting more and more tightly controlled
    Constant coaching for all of your supposed faults yet management never got called on theirs

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like they are mindless, if you treat people with respect they will reciprocate

"RUN!!! Huge mistake taking a job here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at Vonage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other than a very select few people, there is not a single pro I can give you to ever work here. Do yourself a favor and just don't apply or accept an offer here!

Cons

This is the most unprofessional, disrespectful joke of a company I have ever worked for! I decided to leave within a month of being there and eventually left without another job lined up after less than 1 year there. There is no management, leadership and the concern is more with who to blame and doing the same things over and over with no results then the want for progress or success.

I gave more than 2 weeks notice and agreed to staying a couple weeks longer after being asked by 1 of the very few people there I respect. I wanted to leave knowing I was professional until the end and left delivering more than any other person on my team including my boss.

I was recently offered a new job and after multiple attempts by my new company to verify my employment they contacted me for help. After multiple attempts myself and eventually a phone conversation with my old HR rep, who agreed to get it done by the next day....you guessed it...still nothing! Thank goodness I keep my own records and was able to provide the verification myself. However by this time I missed my scheduled start date and was made to wait a month for the next orientation.

Not only are they unprofessional while you work there, they continue that practice even after you have left.

I wouldn't recommend anyone apply or work here!!

"Run as fast as you can.."

I worked at Vonage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free lunch, good cafe, nice gym, fun special events

Cons

Horrible salaries, no work/life balance, demoralizing managers, some of the things that went on here are illegal in regards to how employees are treated, women are rarely promoted, many unprofessional people, the absolute worst place I ever worked.