Voro Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2022

Found 13 of over 13 reviews

4.6
Voro Partner and CEO Chris Gauron (no image)
Chris Gauron

16 Comments

Advertising

115.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Voro~1418433
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Approachable Management & C Level(in 3 reviews)
  • "I have worked at a lot of agencies and the culture has always been great.(in 2 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A thoughtful and experienced team of digital marketers

Mar 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team puts a lot of time and effort into making Voro a good place to work. Those efforts range from transparency around salary and career growth, to on-going training support to creating policies that encourage working a sane number of hours and taking uninterrupted time away from work as well. The staff is full of people who are passionate about their craft and bring an authenticity to their interactions with clients and teammates alike. As a result, team and client turnover are relatively low.

Cons

No matter how you dress it up, it's hard to completely strip away all of the baggage that comes along with being a marketing agency. There will be surly clients. Sometimes it's challenging to balance priorities and tasks across multiple projects. And the flip side of having a culture that promotes taking time away from work, is that the work tends not to stop when you step away from it. That can mean taking on additional duties to cover for a teammate who is out of office.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee

Narcissistic Boys Club

Feb 21, 2022 - Digital Account Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some smart people, but not a lot to mention here. They do make an effort to provide decent benefits, but mainly so they can remind you how good you have it.

Cons

The CEO acts like he is running a billion-dollar enterprise, instead of what is a small boutique agency. There is a sincere smugness in everything that he does. He is constantly sneaking in self-aggrandizing remarks about how much better he is at this or that. How amazing he is at building an exceptional culture. I always felt the entire vibe of the place was forced and a bit corny. I have heard the group of partners talk about DEI and just how important inclusivity is when every single person who works at there is white. Give it a rest. You are working on most paid search, and not saving the rain forests. I also find it suspicious that I am the first to write a negative post. When I recently joined Glassdoor and saw the post about "caring CEO' I was 90% sure either Chris, Andy or Matt wrote this themselves. If you want a starter job in digital marketing and are really into sycophancy, then this is the place for you. Watch the timeline on coming posts. They will have this buried within a week.

Continue reading
  3. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 1 year

good

Jan 11, 2022 - Real Estate Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

one hundred percent commission. great

Cons

lack of training. do everythung yoursel

Voro Response

CEO

As much as we love the kind words, I believe another company deserves the credit for your experience. https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/VORO-Reviews-E1524279.htm

4. 5.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.self_employ-current, more than 1 year

Real estate sales person

Nov 26, 2021 - Real Estate Sales Person
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment to work and friendly and cooperative management

Cons

Poor customer service and sometimes take more time to deliver commission checks to the agent.

Voro Response

CEO

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Caring CEO & amazing work environment

Mar 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO genuinely looks out for his employees. A true start up Benefits are great Awesome learning opportunities Supportive environment

Cons

There wasn’t free parking while I was working there

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Search Marketing Agency in the metro!

Apr 15, 2019 - Search Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits -PTO and Safe and Sick Time -Monday Lunches -Overtime (time and half for salary employees) -Budget for extended learning (paid travel to conferences) I have worked at a lot of agencies and the culture has always been great. Rank Cranker's culture is different from others because I feel the camaraderie from the leadership down. If you have any ideas that will help improve processes or the company just 1% leadership encourages you to share. There is a sense of ownership from every employee to help drive the best service and client outcomes.

Cons

No work MacBook option. :(

7. 5.0

A Great Place to Grow!

Apr 15, 2019 - Search Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong belief in work/life balance Amazing company culture Close-knit relationships with other coworkers Approachable Management & C Level Fun company outings and events Free lunch every Monday

Cons

Salary is very low Busy part of town - parking

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Couldn't ask for a better place to work.

Jan 14, 2019 - Search Planner in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rank Crankers culture is outstanding. Great energy, professional but relaxed environment. Great place for growth and the ability to carve your own path within your desired skillset. Management is very understanding and reasonable in every way.

Cons

No cons to speak of...

9. 5.0

A Company That Puts Employees First

Nov 13, 2018 - Search Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Challenging and intriguing work -Diverse training and industry opportunities -Executives genuinely care about your well-being and work/life balance -A lot of room for upward mobility -Your voice is always heard Overall, Rank Crankers is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in joining the digital space.

Cons

The only con is the office doesn't have great temperature control and is beginning to outgrow its space.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Jun 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- amazing work environment - leadership that actually cares about their employees - abundant training ops - interesting & diverse projects

Cons

Nothing bad to add.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews