Vorsight Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Stillman

"Amazing place to start and advance your career!"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at Vorsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vorsight is an AMAZING place to start and advance your career. The initial and on-going training and coaching is incomparable to any other sales company. You learn a tremendous amount, and are exposed to so many resources that you grow professionally, and personally everyday. Some of the other best parts of the day to day job is that because Vorsight is B2B, you get to work on so many different clients, across so many different industries - some you probably never thought you'd be able to dabble in. Then, there's the culture. Vorsight provides amazing work-life balance. There are ton of competitions and incentives in place all the time, that keep things exciting, creative, fun, and motivating. You don't get over-worked or too stressed, and don't have to take your work home with you, but you get challenged enough, and everyone is super smart, hard-working and just plain fun to be around. Management is extremely helpful and always has your back - namely; David, Steve, Bill, Snow, Jenn, Shomik, Townshend, Daniel, Taylor, and Mark are great people to work for and next to. I would recommend Vorsight to anyone. I can't wait to watch them continue to thrive. I'll miss you, Vorsight!

Cons

Honestly, really none aside from the typical frustrating things in entry level sales that can be out of our control. Retention is always a struggle in this type of BDA role, at any company, but it's improving!

Advice to Management

Rethink how management, and ultimately the BDA's think of the BDA role and career path - instead of it being a 6 month career starter, let's get the culture to a 2 year min. to advance your career -- to hopefully help with retention. Create a Sr. Manager or Director role for the managers to report up to, to have one more line to the CEO. Increase base to keep up with the industry standards, even if that means to decrease commission tiers.

2. "Not a bad start"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Vorsight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture, great people. awesome leaders

Cons

Monotonous, lots of problems with accounts/access, general sales headaches

"Business Development Associate"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Vorsight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Individuals who perform well will be compensated very well
    -Ability to get promoted quickly
    -Work with VPs of Sales at top companies
    -Fun office environment, very young
    -Amazing start for anyone who hopes to go into sales
    -Build communication skills that will serve throughout your career

Cons

-Growing pains typical of any growing company

"Best Place to learn Sales in the area!"

Former Employee - Senior Business Development Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Development Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Vorsight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company and a place that I will always have fond memories of. I am a former lobbyist who came here wanting to get into sales and planned to stay for only a few months to learn and ended up staying one month short of 2 years. If your looking for a company that will train you, give you opportunities to grow, and help you learn the ropes for a career in sales or business then this is the place to be. Special shout out to David Stillman, Steve Richards, Bill Ball, Townshend Young, Shomik Datta, Snow Proudlove, Daniel Reef, Shay Smith, Mark Christman, and the rest of the staff. You guys are tops.

Cons

After you reach account manager the opportunities to move up are limited unless you want to move to Exec Vision. However, this company is growing and I don't expect this to be an issue much longer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. One of the things I valued the most about working here was the open door policy to speak with management and just the overall environment in general. Unlike many companies the owners David Stillman, and Steve Richards, engaged with the staff and treated every employee with respect. It's very rare to enjoy going to work every day and I can honestly say I never dreaded being in the office. Don't let success change you.

"Great for Career"

I worked at Vorsight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While my tenure with Vorsight was only a year, I picked up skill sets that have proven extremely useful through my career. The culture was fun/engaging and the management team really cared for their employees. Years later, many of the techniques I learned through training with Vorsight, I use on a daily basis and have proven to be extremely valuable.

Cons

Vorsight is not for everyone. The nature of the business can be extremely difficult. To be successful requires a lot of patience and persistence, but what you learn you will be able to take with you.

"Fraud"

I worked at Vorsight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A way to gain experience after college.

Cons

Misleading during the interview process. I spoke to my friend, a labor lawyer, about them saying the average salary is twice what it really is on their job posting. She said that is considered fraud. I was too naive coming out of college to know better.

If you look at the past positive reviews, you can tell they are fake. For one, there are long stretches of time between reviews that are negative, yet the positive reviews come in at very short intervals of time to one another. The CEO overuses the term "to that point" which appears in one of the reviews. Others outline talking points exactly like they teach you to sell.

Don't be taken advantage of the way I was when I entered the workforce after school. This is not a good place to work. I strongly recommend candidates look at less amateur organizations before wasting years of their lives working here. Live and learn.

If you want to work hard (making 100+ telemarketing calls/day) without reasonable compensation, sign up for Vorsight. If you want to be 1,000x smarter than your boss, sign up for Vorsight. If you want to be in an environment that resembles a middle school sleepover, sign up for Vorsight.

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of recent college graduates.

Vorsight Response

Apr 18, 2016 – Director of Talent, Development and Technology

Thank you for your feedback. As you highlighted in your review, Vorsight’s Business Development Associate program is a great way to gain valuable experience after graduation. For many of our ... More

"Best Training, Experience and Culture for Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Client Success Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Client Success Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at Vorsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best decision I ever made was to start my career off at Vorsight. The training, development and experience that you receive is invaluable whether starting your career in sales or going into another line of business. There's a reason that so many top tier companies leverage Vorsight for outsourced appointment setting or internal training, and why the Co-Founders are industry experts in the inside sales community. The culture that has been created at Vorsight is very special and one that encourages professional growth and opens you up to opportunities and experiences that you didn't think were possible. While it's a small company and the career path may seem limited, you really do get out what you put in at Vorsight. I had the ability to take on responsibilities that wouldn't be available to me at this point of my career at other organizations. Vorsight gives you a sales consulting experience in sales, allowing you to work with multiple clients across many different industries and verticals.The amount that I learned about general business practices and inside sales is more than I ever received in business school and are lessons that I'll be able to use no matter where my career takes me.

The office environment is also one that is very rare and special. It's a strong community of young professionals who work very hard but also have a great time and enjoy helping each other to become the best sales and business development professionals possible. I developed great friendships and strong working relations with colleagues at Vorsight and would not be where I am today without them.

Vorsight helped me advance years in my career and I would not be in my current role without the experience that I gained there. I would highly recommend Vorsight to anyone who either wants to go into sales or has no idea what they want to do but wants to have a better understanding of business to help figure out what direction to take their career. I am very grateful for the experience I received, the opportunities I was given and the relationships that I have built at Vorsight as I would not be where I am today without it.

Cons

As with any small company, there are always areas for improvement. The career path does have limitations. But with the recent launch of ExecVision, the career path is already starting to be developed out and will continue to do so. The base salary is a below par and could use some improvement, but the uncapped commission does allow for you to make close to or above the industry average in the BDA role.

The other cons are the same that you would have in any other inside sales / business development role.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the career path out and keep finding new ways to keep employees engaged. The compensation also needs to be reevaluated for some of the roles to make sure that the compensation is being tied to actual performance.

"an Unseasoned Office"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Vorsight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are, for the most part, smart, talented, and driven individuals. It is nice to work with peers who are from diverse backgrounds but all zealous people. If you're looking for a young office, 90% of the people employed here are in their 20s.

Free lunch on Fridays, and a ping pong table is available for use during the day.

The job teaches you resilience. It is very easy to see and measure how much effort is being put into your work, though it is misleading how that is correlated … to your success (or lack thereof) at times.

Cons

Unprofessional: the word I would choose to describe the many negatives aspects of Vorsight. These include a lack of communication and transparency between leadership and entry level employees, and the misleading christening of some as "high performers," who are usually employees who have been with the company for a year or more. Longevity outstrips performance after a certain point, and for a commission based job, this is non sequitur. You can't grow a career at this company; the organization is horizontal with just a few leaders and little stipulation between the BDA's. A promotion means a meager pay raise and the word "senior" thrown in from of your title. The skills you gain are soft skills, often as easy to fabricate as the scripts they give you to get meetings over the phone (lines christened "best practices"). The management will *encourage* favored employees to post positive reviews on Glassdoor to keep the rating good. They are vague during the interview process, and the initial salary is barely livable for a distinguished college graduate trying to live decently in the area (negotiate up if you can).

Advice to Management

There is no constructive criticism at Vorsight, because nothing is left private. I would recommend management make more of an effort to distinguish a safe space within the company, and be more subtle with employee interaction (especially between managers and their teams).

Also, the management team is overstretched and thus support from client success is always tardy/belated. They should really hire at least one or two more people in upper management who can interface between clients and BDAs...they haven't because it isn't a revenue generating position. (<--Which in turn effects the performance of BDAs when they aren't getting the assistance they require to succeed within their role.)

"Client Development"

Current Employee - Client Development in Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Client Development in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Vorsight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The incredible breadth of knowledge and valuable career experience that Vorsight has to offer is simply unparalleled by any other company in the area. The amount I have learned in just over a year at Vorsight far overshadows any experience I gained in two years with my previous employer - Vorsight essentially provides you with an MBA in sales within the first 1-2 years.

There is no other company that gives you this type of exposure - you learn to interact some of the highest execs in the country/world on a daily basis, and have conversations with them as if you are their peer. Not only that, but Vorsight gives you the opportunity to work with clients in all different industries (healthcare, IT, sales, marketing, finance, legal, etc), allowing you to better understand the direction you want to take you career, and basing on actual working experience in that industry.

Cons

The starting base salary is a bit low compared to other positions in the area, which deters a lot of candidates that are concerned about not making the amount they'd like in commission. This is the biggest road block to get over with Vorsight, however if you look at what employees actually bring in over their first year, it tends to be more than what most end up making in other sales positions that offer a higher base initially - not only that, but there is a ton of opportunity for upward growth - I was promoted twice within my first year with the company.

10. "Inside Sales is hard work"

I worked at Vorsight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the office is really friendly and genuinely want to help you become the best BDA you can possibly be. There is a lot of professional development and you will always receive helpful feed back on calls you are making. There are a lot of seminars and best practices meetings in addition to fun activities that will help build a good relationship with everyone in the office.

Cons

Not so much about the company rather the industry. Inside sales is ROUGH!!! You need to have a passion for sales and be willing to dedicate yourself to honing and improving your craft. Like I mentioned before everyone at the company is willing to help you out but, despite all the hard work you put in, sales may or may not be the industry you want to be part of.

Advice to Management

You are all doing a great job keep it up!