Voyage Care Reviews | Glassdoor

N/A
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Voyage Care Chief Executive Officer Andrew Cannon
Andrew Cannon

Pros
  • The work our teams do with the people we support is something the whole company is proud of & that really comes through whenever you talk to colleagues (in 17 reviews)

• Have worked for Voyage for many years (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No breaks, long hours (14hr days) no proper staff recognition for new staff (in 6 reviews)

• Low pay, no extra benefits for working weekends or bank holidays (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Voyage Care - a fantastic company to work for.."

Current Employee - Peripatetic Manager in Southampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Peripatetic Manager in Southampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would highly recommend working for Voyage Care, having worked for the company for a year as of Jan 2017, I can honestly say accepting my position with Voyage was the best decision I have made in my career.
    The Senior Management team are supportive, listen to your opinions, and treat staff members with dignity and respect, and have time to say a 'thank you' when warranted which means you feel valued as part of the team.
    The company also offers numerous bonus schemes to employees, along with opportunities for career development. There is a real sense of working together as a team heading in the same direction, in all roles I have encountered within Voyage Care, communications within the company are circulated well so that all teams are kept up to date with what is happening within the company.
    Voyage Care offers a wide range of facilities and activities for the people we support, meaning that you can go home with a sense of achievement from seeing someone smile from having a fun filled day.

Cons

I have not found any cons for working with Voyage Care

Advice to Management

To continue into the future with your current values ......
    growing as a company

Feb 2, 2017 – Internal Communications Co-ordinator

Wow! This is exactly the sort of review we love to read. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on everything you’ve experienced at Voyage Care so far. We’re so pleased that you ... More

"Voyage Care"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Voyage over 2 years now and it has made a big change in my life. I have become more confident and part of a team. I have a sensory impairment and the support I get from my team itself is huge. My knowledge on ABI has increased throughout my employment and continue to learn each day how each person I support lives their day through a brain injury

Cons

Not found any cons to report

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England (UK)

I have been working at Voyage Care (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for 5 years now and I've learnt so much in that time and the company have also supported me in my studies. I'm part of a great team and enjoy what I do.

Cons

None to be found as yet

"14 years, and hope to be an employee for many more."

Current Employee - Management Accounts Manager
    Current Employee - Management Accounts Manager

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Voyage is a very friendly Company with a good team ethic. The management are extremely approachable and supportive. Staff are often promoted internally when the opportunity arises. At group support we are always made aware of the bigger picture through communications, magazines and visits from the people we support. I have personally been pushed out of my comfort zone from time to time by people who have believed in me and have proved to myself that I can do things that I never thought I was capable of.

Cons

Teams are sometimes unaware of how their decisions directly impact another team and as a result can occasionally cause more work elsewhere within the Company. On occasion only one person knows how to undertake a particular task within a department and if they leave or are away it can cause temporary problems.

Advice to Management

Continue to put care first and investing in staff. Implement processes to address the cons.

6. "rubbish"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Leeds, England (UK)

Pros

staff and service users great to work with and for.

Cons

little home/work balance. expected to work 6/7 days a week. very low pay, no kind of benefits, expect to take a couple of hours from your day to go here there and everywhere for them, no such thing as getting paid for this, or getting your time back. new staff don't get a full induction, senior jobs are left to support workers. annual leave gets declined or cancelled. no support from management at all.

Advice to Management

support the staff more

"What can i say!!"

Current Employee - Home Manager in Taunton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Home Manager in Taunton, England (UK)

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Place to make a difference to people's lives not only the PWS but our colleagues too. To be able to thank people each and every day for their support and passion is remarkable. we need more amazing people not people that just want a job!!! this is a career and a life.

Cons

unfortunately pay is not the same across the board and you find their is a lot of conflict within teams because of this.
    especially those staff who are still TUPE and get a lot more benefits from it. if every one from support staff to managers could all earn the same it would improve morale.

Advice to Management

keep being supportive, your doing a good job too.

"Not to be recommended for professionals."

Current Employee - Professional in Rotherham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Professional in Rotherham, England (UK)

Pros

Very few, this company does not appear to care about either its employees or the clients it supports.

Cons

Poor salary.
    Poor support for employees in times of duress.
    A blame rather than a solutions based culture.
    Junior/ lower grades staff on poor wages resulting in lack of motivation.
    Junior / lower grade staff treated differently in relation to sickness, also results in a lack of motivation.
    A reactive rather than proactive employer.

Advice to Management

Recruitment process needs overhaul. Bullying and denial of responsibility are not attractive characteristics of a successful manager.

Feb 7, 2017 – Internal Communications Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We want to ensure Voyage Care is a wonderful place for our employees to work, therefore some of your comments are concerning to hear. We're keen ... More

"Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy"

Former Employee - Care Worker in Sleaford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Care Worker in Sleaford, England (UK)

Pros

The clients were the only good thing about the job. They were extremely kind people and they were vulnerable adults taken advantage of by an un-caring management who didn't know how to manage and find staff who were actually they for the clients instead of their payslip.

Cons

Horrible, everything horrible... Worst experience of my life. Staff were two-faced, management were dumber than a pack of monkeys. I was there to look after the clients and increase the quality of life and was told off for spending too much time with them. One of the clients was crying and they locked her in her bed room and they also told her off for "attention seeking" just all the while she was complaining that her tummy hurt, this could have been linked to women's problems but regardless they did nothing but lock her in her room - no pain relief or even a heat pack. They also put a DVD on for her however once that DVD was finished they just restarted it. I was told I was too polite to one of the clients parents they told me that I didn't know the woman like they did and that she didn't deserve polite. This place is honestly hell on earth, wouldn't recommend it to to my worst enemy ever!

Advice to Management

Training should be given before you actually do manual handling and I was doing manual handling and personal care with no previous experience. Management should not be in the position that they are in.

Feb 7, 2017 – Internal Communications Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you felt this way about your former role with us. Your comments are concerning; if you would like to provide further ... More

"Wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy!"

Former Employee - Personal Support Worker in Whittington, East Midlands, England (UK)

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Residents and the colleagues were great!

Cons

All they actually care for is the money they bring in and this showed through far too many times. Glad to be rid.

Advice to Management

Would not recommend the company to my worst enemy!
    I rated 1 star because it wouldn't let me recommended any Lower 😂

Feb 7, 2017 – Internal Communications Co-ordinator

Thank you for writing a review, although we’re disappointed to hear that you felt this way. We’re committed to making Voyage Care a wonderful place to work and would like to learn more about your ... More

"HR"

Pros

Friendly Environment with lots social events

Cons

Could take long to get promoted