What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "A solid tech company with a good website that offers great benefits if they will actually hire you on full time." (in 97 reviews)
- "The people at HomeAway are great to work with!" (in 71 reviews)
- "The culture is great and overall morale is high despite the large acquisition by Expedia." (in 69 reviews)
- "good work life balance so far" (in 33 reviews)
- "Lovely team and great work mates overall to interact with" (in 28 reviews)
- "Micro management culture." (in 28 reviews)
- "There are inexperienced managers who aren’t given training before giving them leadership roles." (in 25 reviews)
- "Very fragmented with platforms and senior leadership seems to be confused as to what they are supposed to do" (in 11 reviews)
- "Communication is complicated by language and location." (in 9 reviews)
- "Also the upper management was aloof and disconnected from staff." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Vrbo and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 719 of over 820 reviews
Updated Aug 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jul 11, 2023Front Desk CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
Great benefits all around (Health, PTO, Travel, Wellness, ect). A company that celebrates diversity.
Employees are still considered expendable. Mass layoffs have occurred.
- 5.0Nov 25, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAustin, TX
HomeAway technology stack has come a long way. One of the most appealing things about working here is the fact that you get to work with cutting edge technology. In addition, the engineering team are super smart, so working here is a great networking opportunity too.
Company is getting pretty big, and if you end up on the wrong team, you may find it that it is difficult for you to be impactful.216Vrbo Response6y
Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We love a good tech stack as much as the next tech company and it’s great to hear you enjoy working on ours. Our Data Science and Engineering teams are so important to the success of HomeAway. You’re right though, we are growing rapidly. If someone finds themselves on a team that doesn’t quite feel right, we highly encourage internal movement and having a conversation with your manager.
Vrbo Reviews FAQs
Vrbo has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 820 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Vrbo to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
68% of Vrbo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vrbo 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.